* Author Topic: Betty's ICSI round 3... Ding ding! 🙏🏼🍼💃🏼 BFP! TWINS!!  (Read 10184 times)

0 Members

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
Betty's ICSI round 3... Ding ding! 🙏🏼🍼💃🏼
« Reply #10 on: 23/07/16, 08:31 »
I've booked in for 5 sessions of acupuncture starting next week. I had this alongside my first (briefly successful) treatment and I don't want to look back and regret not having tried everything this time. To be honest I don't particularly enjoy it and don't feel any different after it but the evidence points to it having positive effects on IVF outcome so it's worth a bash.

Oh and I've booked a holiday too! Somewhere nice and sunny for a few days before I start my stims. I don't seem to have any side effects from the downregg drugs so I'm not worried about overheating! My biggest worry was getting my big bruised belly out in a bikini but as 'cozzies' are 'in' this year I'm going to wear one of those!

I'm off to inject myself now...

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #11 on: 24/07/16, 08:10 »
    Day 9 of downregging today. AF arrived right on cue just as I was about to go to bed last night, quite heavy and red but the clinic did say to expect that. No p-pain tho - I seem to remember my DR period last year was horrendously painful and took ages to get going. I still don't have any downregging side effects either so it's all good! I know some people suffer quite badly during this phase of treatment.

I've been reading some other diaries in this site and am wondering whether I need to be stricter with my diet. Some people have cut out all 'naughty' food and chocolate and some have even cut of food groups like dairy or gluten. I seriously don't have the willpower for that although I admire those that do. Also, I'm not sure if any evidence behind this approach. Surely my clinic would have mentioned it if it was important? I have cut out all alcohol since about a week before downregging and am sticking to 3 healthyish, balanced meals a day with lots of vegetables and healthy proteins. I am also trying to drink more water. I haven't had caffeine for years. Maybe I'll ask my acupuncture lady about it (if she ever gets back to me with a time for my first appointment!)

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #12 on: 25/07/16, 17:41 »
    Had acupuncture today. I've had it alongside all of my previous cycles and didn't want to have any regrets this time round so I've booked another 5 sessions to have throughout my cycle (1 during the downregging phase, 2 during stimulation and 2 on transfer day (before and after transfer)). As I've said before, I'm not sure I find it particularly beneficial or relaxing but the evidence points to it being a positive addition to an IVF cycle. The acupuncturist is lovely, she's treated me previously and I could tell she was disappointed to see me back at the clinic again. We had a chat first about my current health and state of mind then all of a sudden I started to cry and couldn't stop. It was so embarrassing and I don't know where it came from! She helped me to understand that despite my laid back exterior, I'm actually really stressed and anxious underneath. The IVF and the fact that my OH's dad has just been diagnosed with a really aggressive form of cancer are most probably not helping. She placed the needles so as to really relax me and put a relaxing hypnosis CD on for half an hour which I fell asleep to. It was really lovely!

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 2/08/16, 18:58 »
    After 12 months without a holiday, we decided to go on a last minute break last week. The rationale being that it could (hopefully) be the last chance to get away for a while! Plus the weather here has been pants! We haven't been abroad for 12 months and are usually away somewhere 2 or 3 times a year so we felt it was long overdue. I'd hoped that it would be a chance for us both to relax and unwind before our next cycle. Unfortunately, OH's brother and his wife decided to join us at the last minute and so plans for relaxation went somewhat out of the window! Despite promising me that he wouldn't drink alcohol, OH proceeded to have 4or 5 pints each night during the holiday which in turn got me really stressed out. Our holiday companions know nothing of our treatment so it was really hard to conceal the fact that I wasn't drinking and to also conceal the fact that I wanted to murder OH for compromising his sperm! Anyway, I ended up having a glass of red wine on two of the nights and just hope that it hasn't done any harm. There's not much I can do about OH overindulging, I'll just have to hope that it hasn't done any damage. To be honest, I was looking round at other families in bars and restaurants and they all had loads of kids and were drinking like fish so who knows if alcohol really does that much damage!!

In other news I have my baseline scan tomorrow so I should find out when I can start stimming. Hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later. I've weirdly had a tiny bit of bleeding today which I wasn't expecting. I've already had my downreg period so I don't know what's going on. I've got a bit of period like pain too. This didn't happen last time. I suppose I can ask about it tomorrow.

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #14 on: 3/08/16, 08:49 »
    Had my baseline scan this morning and mentioned that I'd had a bit of spotting in the last few days which has now stopped. The nurse said she could 'see something' on the scan and made me take a pregnancy test! Hopes were raised and then dashed as the test came back negative. Apparently it's probably a bit of leftover menstruated blood. Oh well 😔 In other news I start stims tonight! Bring on the enormous bloated belly!

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #15 on: 5/08/16, 09:55 »
    Day 3 of stims today and little to report. Am trying to drink lots of water and to eat lots of healthy foods -good fats, lots of fruit, not so much chocolate etc. Have been a bit headachey despite all of the water and quite tired also. I took myself off to bed yesterday (good job I'm off work!) and started to listen to my zita west relaxation music and ended up in a deep sleep for over 2 hours! Maybe it's the drugs but maybe I'm just lazy!

I'm off to pick up my prescription for the prednisolone this morning, I won't need it for another week or two but want to get it sorted. In other news I seem to have developed an addiction to online shopping, it's a great distraction from looking at ttc websites and thinking about babies but it's bloody expensive!! Need to get a grip of myself.

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #16 on: 7/08/16, 12:06 »
    Day 5 of stims today. Everything going fine. I've come to my parents' holiday cottage in Wales for the weekend; just my parents, myself and their two dogs. OH has to work all weekend and the weather forecast was lovely so I thought I may aswell. Its a chance to relax and have lots of lovely walks and just totally switch off. My mum knows all about my difficulties and my previous treatments but I've not said anything about this round, I'm sick of talking about it and delivering bad news at the end of it all to be honest so no I haven't told anyone this time (except my best friend and OH obviously!). It's been a bit of a nightmare doing my -now twice daily- injections inconspicuously. I've had to lock myself in the bathroom a few times! Oh and mum keeps trying to make me drink wine with her in the evenings, I'm running out of excuses to be honest!!
    No real side effects from stims apart from tiredness, I've been having a nap every afternoon and am yawning a lot! Still trying to drink lots of water and eat protein with every meal. Just hope I'm growing lots of follicles this time!!

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #17 on: 10/08/16, 18:53 »
    Sorry for not updating for a few days but there's not been much going on! Day 8 of stims today and starting to feel a little twingy in the ovary area at times. I'm sure I had more side effects by this time in my previous treatments though. I seem to remember struggling to find clothes to wear as my tummy was so bloated, it's fine this time though. Am slightly worried by the lack of symptoms but there's nothing I can do about it so no point in worrying.

I had acupuncture today, I was a lot more sensitive to some of the needles but the acupuncturist said that can be a good sign that she's 'hitting the right spots'. Hmmm let's hope she's right. I bought some pomegranate juice from the coop yesterday as I heard it is good for building up a good uterine lining (I'll believe anything!)... 4!!! I nearly fell over! Let's hope it works!

In other news I've found out that my ccg will be withdrawing funding for fertility treatment in the next few months due to budget cuts. This won't affect me but will undoubtedly affect hundreds of other couples desperate to start a family, I'm going to write to my MP about it as I think it's really unfair.

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #18 on: 11/08/16, 17:44 »
    Stims day 9
    Am really tired today and feeling a bit 'off'. Woke up early and made a cup of tea to take back to bed ( my little routine when I'm off work!) but ended up going back to sleep for a few hours. Then I attempted to get dressed as I had plans to meet a friend for lunch, but just felt exhausted so got back in bed and watched telly until lunchtime. Then I got ready and drove to Liverpool to have lunch with my friend. It was lovely and we had a two hour catch up. Afterwards I drive home and got back in bed for another sleep! I'm actually still in bed as I'm typing this on my phone but really need to get up and do my day 9 injection! I've never been this tired before; hopefully my energy is going into growing lots of big follicles ready for my scan tomorrow!!

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #19 on: 12/08/16, 10:46 »
    Day 10 scan
    Am back from the clinic after my scan this morning. I've got a good response on my right ovary with 10 follicles, many of which are the right size. My left side (which is the side I've been getting all the aches and pains from) was difficult to locate and I had to press down really hard into my tummy so that she could see anything. She counted about 6 follicles on that one. I kept trying to take a sneaky peak at the notes and from what I gather I have 16 follicles in total, 6 of which are the correct size and a further 3 that will be the right size by egg collection. I'm slightly disappointed but not overly surprised given my previous responses. The nurse must've been able to tell a was disappointed and kept reminding me that it was 'quality not quantity' in this game! I asked to complete my response this time to last time and this time is slightly better (maybe 3 or 4 more follicles?) but at the end of the day it's only a rough estimate as to how many eggs you're likely to get. Anyway, EC will be on Monday but I've not been told what time yet.