* Author Topic: Betty's ICSI round 3... Ding ding! 🙏🏼🍼💃🏼 BFP! TWINS!!  (Read 10185 times)

0 Members

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
Betty's ICSI round 3... Ding ding! 🙏🏼🍼💃🏼
« Reply #20 on: 13/08/16, 14:58 »
Had my final stims injection last night and last buserelin this morning. Will be triggering tonight then it's all go for EC on Monday. Am feeling really tired and bloated now, thank goodness I've invested in a few baggy tops as my tummy is huge. Went to see a friend yesterday who's going through an awful divorce, I knew she'd try to make me have a drink with her ( why does everyone try to make me drink?!!) so I took the car as a not-drinking excuse. She actually forced a glass of prosecco on me; "you can have one!!" And somehow I managed to have only two sips then poured it into a plant pot! Hehee!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #21 on: 13/08/16, 22:38 »
    Trigger shot done. Ouch!

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 14/08/16, 19:30 »
    Injection free day

Feeling very twingy and bloated today. Slightly nervous but excited about EC tomorrow! Have been out for the day today so feeling a bit tired too but it's all good. Can't believe how quickly the treatment has gone upto now.

In other (tmi alert) news EWCM seems to have stopped now -I've had it since about day 8 of stims and also my boobs have gone huge and rock hard. Seriously considering keeping my bra on in the shower later!

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 15/08/16, 13:53 »
    Egg Collection

Just back from EC and recovering on the couch with a cup of tea. Feeling a little tender but that's to be expected. The unit was incredibly busy this morning so we ended up being there for over 3 hours. Sedation was lovely as always, I told the anaesthetist that it was my favourite part of treatment and that I was really looking forward to it! She just laughed and said that's why people get addicted to sedatives (Michael Jackson anyone?!). The good news is that we managed to get 12 eggs!!! Yes 12!!! For me that's amazing and double what I've had in previous cycles!! I'm so chuffed, I'm hoping and praying that they all fertilise and become healthy embryos 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 not sue what made the difference this time.... Maybe the extra drugs? Maybe the dhea? Whatever it was I'm so pleased and grateful xx

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 15/08/16, 19:39 »
    Ouch I forgot how sore and uncomfortable you feel after egg collection, literally can't stand up straight! My lovely OH is looking after me though xx

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #25 on: 16/08/16, 10:21 »
    Wahoo! Embryologist just called, 9 of my precious eggs were mature and 7 have fertilised. Am so happy! Have been booked to for a 5 day transfer on Saturday and it's looking like a double transfer. Thank you God 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #26 on: 18/08/16, 09:39 »
    Day 3 after EC

Have now fully recovered from egg collection, was in quite a lot of pain for about 24 hours after the procedure which gradually lessened and now I feel fine. I started my prednisolone this morning to hopefully dampen down my NK cells before transfer in 2 days. Professor Quenby advised from ET but as my cells were so high (4 times the norm) and as technically ET could take place at this stage of treatment, I decided it best to start them today. They taste disgusting and have some potentially nasty side effects (hairy, moon faced insomniac possibly) but if they help me get a lasting bfp it's all worth it.

Since EC, OH and I have been trying to relax and enjoy ourselves a little. We've been going for long walks and nice meals, sitting outside in beer gardens and even had a little trip to the beach. It's so nice to be 'normal' even if it's just for a few days. I feel like I am on OH's case a lot during the run upto treatment -no saunas or jacquizis in the gym (which he loves), no beer or coffee (which he loves too), take your vitamins, eat some nuts etc etc etc. It's nice to get off his case for a bit as it makes me feel so guilty, he's so lovely and works so hard and he really deserves to be a dad. I must confess that I had a small glass of red wine with dinner last night, it was lovely and really helped me to relax even more so I guess it can't be that bad. I'm not going to have any more for the next few weeks at least so I don't feel guilty about one.

One of my friends text me with news of her second pregnancy last night. She used to be one of my best friends until all this infertility poop started. I started ttc about a year before she did, she managed to get pg the first month of trying and had a little girl who's now almost 3. A few months ago she said that they'd been talking about trying again, she must've managed it straight away again. I don't see her as much anymore as all she talks about is babies, who's pregnant now and who's trying for another. She never asks about or even acknowledges my situation and I find meeting up with her a painful reminder of what I should have by now. Of course I replied saying how pleased I was to hear her news but I still felt like I'd been punched in the stomach. I wouldn't wish infertility on my worst enemy but sometimes I wish people could experience a little of the pain and heartache so that they could be more empathetic.

I know this may sound silly but for the past few days I keep seeing what I've always called 'sugar stealers' floating past me and landing all around me. I recall noticing them a lot during my first treatment and feeling that it was a sign that i was being 'looked after'; almost as if someone or something is telling me that I'm not alone and everything will be ok. I hope so 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 hope my little embies are doing ok xx

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #27 on: 18/08/16, 16:14 »
    Another PG announcement within 24 hours. This is a girl with a 6 month old who smokes and drinks like a trooper. Oh and it was an accident. If I sound bitter it's because I am (although I'm trying hard not to be!), I had a big cry and a rant at God asking what I've done to deserve this and asking him to help me to get through this. Then I pulled myself together before deleting several social media accounts. I can't cope with any more announcements or pregnancy chat at the moment and need to put myself and my own mental health first. i guess this is why IVF is known as a roller coaster, I was so positive and chilled yesterday!

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #28 on: 20/08/16, 19:09 »
    Transfer day

Got to the clinic this morning all excited to find out how many of my embryos had made it to blast, thought I'd be happy with three but hopeful for at least 4 of my 7. Was in a really good place after my acupuncture, got into the theatre all gowned up only for the embryologist to bust my bubble. 1 early blast and several compacting morula (where they should be in day 4). I was devastated. I waited until shed left the room before I cried. Couldn't speak despite OHs best attempts to keep me cheerful. The dr and nurse were lovely, the transfer was long and arduous as usual (weird cervix) but all I could think was 'this isn't going to work.' Had more acupuncture then as soon as I was in the privacy of my car I just cried and cried. I know that I need to be positive but I just feel that this is over before it has chance to begin. Months of living like a nun, not drinking, no fun, no holidays, injecting myself every day and then this. I hate it, hate that we have to go through this, hate that we can't plan our futures, hate that I have nothing in common with my friends anymore, hate the questions, hate the pity. Sorry for being such a negative Nellie but I'm just fed up. I realise I'm really lucky to get to this stage, some people have nothing to transfer and some people are not even entitled to treatment so i shouldnt be so ungrateful. I'm continuing to hope and pray but I'm finding it so hard to be positive xx

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #29 on: 21/08/16, 11:36 »
    1dp5dt

Feeling less emotional today thank god. I was a wreck yesterday (as you may have gathered!) had a good nights sleep and a lazy morning but failing miserably at staying away from Google! I haven't confided in anyone (not even OH or my ever reliable best friend) how I'm feeling this time as I know they won't understand and may think I've lost the plot!!

Spotting from yesterday's transfer has stopped -it was barely noticeable anyway and have been having little pinchy feelings in uterus area which is most probably the after effects of a difficult transfer. Am off to see my parents shortly to keep me occupied (and away from Google!!)