* Author Topic: Betty's ICSI round 3... Ding ding! 🙏🏼🍼💃🏼 BFP! TWINS!!  (Read 10197 times)

0 Members

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
Betty's ICSI round 3... Ding ding! 🙏🏼🍼💃🏼
« Reply #40 on: 2/09/16, 07:00 »
4 weeks 4 days

I've been awake since 5.20am (steroids side effect!) so thought I'd update. We've come away for ages days before I go back to work next week so I'm updating from a gorgeous little hotel in the middle of nowhere! Am getting slightly less anxious as each day passes but still very aware of what could go wrong. I'm eating well, getting plenty of rest and taking my meds so I suppose the rest is out of my control. Boobs are sore and heavy and I'm waking up starving but no other symptoms apart from that. I've been reading about the do's and dont's of early pregnancy and there's quite a list! I've already unknowingly broken some of these rules such as eating shellfish and picking up my dog's poo ( with gloves on and a poop bag I may add!) but will try my best to adhere to them from now on! Ooh I've also been listening to zita west's 'pregnancy relaxation' audio every afternoon. It's awesome and kind of sends you into a hypnotic sleep!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #41 on: 4/09/16, 13:00 »
    4 weeks 6 days

Still not much in the way if symptoms-some breast tenderness here and there but it's not all the time. Am hugely bloated and hardly any trousers or leggings fit me around the waist. Still feeling quite anxious and am still obsessively knicker checking every time I go to the loo. Thought I might have seen a pin prick of pink today but it was so tiny I wasn't sure what it was. Wish I could fast forward to the scan, only 18 days to go!! 
     Am being quite careful regarding what I eat now too. There's quite a list of food to avoid and it's difficult to remember them all! Still doing zita west's pregnancy relaxation thing each day as well. It's quite nice and I always fall asleep soon after it starts xx

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #42 on: 5/09/16, 07:22 »
    5 weeks

Am up early today as I'm back at work after 6 weeks off!! It's always nice to see everyone but would still rather be a lady of leisure! I'm going to have to tell my line manager about my news as she knows I had treatment over the summer and will probably ask. I don't want anyone else to know yet tho. I don't even want to tell my boss until I've had the 7 week scan.

My sore boobs have disappeared completely this morning which is a little worrying and I've stupidity done a CB digit test which still says 2-3 weeks, same as it did 5 days ago. It's knocked my positivity a little but it's my own fault. I'm not doing to test again until the weekend.

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #43 on: 6/09/16, 06:54 »
    5 weeks 1 day

Seriously just don't 'feel' pregnant anymore. I have no symptoms and just feel sad. Boobs are hardly sore now and haven't been for 2 days. This wait is actual torture. Just got to try to get through my day at work without crying.

7pm
    Today was a hard day. I've just got this feeling I'm not pregnant anymore. I've literally been fighting back teas all day. God it's exhausting. I can't tell anyone as I've got nothing to base this on and will sound crazy but I just feel so sad and empty. Having a cry now before OH gets home from work. Each day is so long and empty. I just want to know one way or the other.

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #44 on: 10/09/16, 08:38 »
    5 weeks 5 days

Sorry I've been AWOL but this week has been a real rollercoaster for me. My pregnancy symptoms have all but disappeared over the course of this week apard from regular twinges in lower tummy area and occasional shooting pains in boobs. I stepped away from the tests and tried (and failed!) to focus on work. Woke up this morning and did a FRER rest which was slightly lighter than one I did 5 days ago. Totally panicked and drove to 24 hour tesco (at 7.40am!) to buy a CB digital with weeks indicator. I took my FMU with me in a little pot so that I could do it in the car! Thankfully it came up 'Pregnant 3 weeks plus' whilst I was frantically praying and sweating. I'm a lot happier now and NOT TESTING AGAIN. Just wish I had some symptoms so that I could relax a little whilst waiting for scan. Roll on 22nd Sept. Only 12 sleeps 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼❤️

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #45 on: 14/09/16, 07:48 »
    6 weeks 2 days

Still not much to report here. Still very little in the way of symptoms; occasional breast tenderness, some AF pain on and off and possibly a little more tired than usual in the evenings. I've had a break out of little spots in face and chest this morning which may or may not be hormonal but who knows?!! 8 sleeps until my scan.

Found out my best friend is newly pregnant with her 2nd. Her dates are only a week out from mine. She's been wonderfully supportive throughout my IVF and has had fertility battles of her own so I'm thrilled for her. It will be wonderful if both of our pregnancies work out but awful if one of them doesn't. Fingers crossed for both of us xxx

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #46 on: 17/09/16, 06:47 »
    6 weeks 5 days

Was wide awake at 5.40am (on a Saturday!) thanks to the prednisolone so I got up and did another CB digi. Can't believe I'm still testing!! It still says 'pregnant 3+' so that reassured me. Its my scan in Thursday so am definitely not testing any more now. Symptom wise still very little. Am still very bloated but that's probably the steroids. Boobs are bigger but not massively so and my skin is terrible -very spotty. With the spottiness, bloating and massive dark roots I'm hideously unattractive right now; don't really care though as long as my baby is ok. Oh I've been really moody and cranky all week and quite thirsty too. My mouth just feels so dry! Am starting to struggle clothing wise as my tummy is so bloated, I had to buy a pair of maternity jeans as even my leggings were too tight and uncomfortable!

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #47 on: 22/09/16, 18:45 »
    7 weeks 3 days

After a sleepless night we had our scan this morning. Over the moon and beyond thrilled to find out we have two healthy non-identical twins on board!!!!!!!!! OH and I cried with happiness and I've been in my own little bubble of happiness/shock all day. Have told my line manager at work, two close friends at work, my bestie and my mum. I reeeeeally want to tell my dad and my brothers but think we'll wait a few more weeks if all is well. Obviously I knew there was a chance of twins as we had two blasts transferred but I couldn't bring myself to hope that both would implant. Feel like the luckiest, most grateful person in the world right now. Am so thankful to God for listening to my prayers Nd keeping me strong throughout the past 5 years xxxx

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #48 on: 23/09/16, 19:25 »
    Had another sleepless night last night as my brain was still buzzing from the scan and twin news! Rang the drs this morning (as suggested by my clinic) and managed to get an appointment for later. I handed my paperwork in and got booked into see the midwife on Wednesday.

Still no symptoms apart from terrible skin and occasional twinges in uterus and boobs. Had a mini meltdown at work for some reason and had to come home at lunch to compose myself. I'm sure I'll start feeling more confident after my next scan -whenever that may be!

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #49 on: 28/09/16, 03:35 »
    8 weeks 2 days

Yes it's 3.30am and I'm wide awake. Have been having some pain in my left groin for the last hour and so I've come downstairs. It seems to be lessening slightly but it's still worrying. I've got my first midwife appointment later (feel like a total imposter saying that!) so I'll mention this pain and will beg for another scan. Really should go back to bed now....