* Author Topic: Betty's ICSI round 3... Ding ding! 🙏🏼🍼💃🏼 BFP! TWINS!!  (Read 10099 times)

0 Members

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
Betty's ICSI round 3... Ding ding! 🙏🏼🍼💃🏼
« Reply #50 on: 5/10/16, 09:52 »
9 weeks 2 days

I had a (private) reassurance scan yesterday as I've been so paranoid about something going wrong with the babies. Turns out everything is fine and they're both growing big and strong with good heartbeats. We were both so relieved and feel that I can relax a little now. Saw a little foot of one twin which was really cute. The other twin had his/her back to us so we didn't see much of that one!! Such a magical experience though!

Still not telling people until after the twelve week scan but I don't know how I'm going to keep it a secret until then. My tummy is huge!! Not sure if the huge tummy is babies, bloat or drugs related as I'm still on prednisolone and progesterone. The fact that I'm constantly hungry and eating-even in the middle of the night!!- can't be helping my waistline!!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #51 on: 9/10/16, 08:23 »
    9 weeks 6 days

1 day until my first midwife appointment. Still feel a complete fraud saying that!! Symptom wise it's still all pretty mild... have felt a bit 'off' in the mornings this week and a little tired too. Oh and I absolutely cried my eyes out last night when I couldn't decide what to get from the chippy; OH told me to make my mind up. I thought he was having a go at me and I wailed and cried for a good 30 minutes! Thank you hormones!

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #52 on: 24/10/16, 07:57 »
    12 weeks today!

Am mega chuffed that I've reached 12 weeks although I won't know if everything's ok until my scan tomorrow. I've got quite a big tummy now and some other pregnancy signs and symptoms so that's reassuring me a bit. This week I've got major acne all over my lower face, a crippling consistent headache and constipation (lovely!). Also need a wee every 10 minutes (not exaggerating) and can't sleep! However, I realise I'm utterly blessed to be in this position and wouldn't have it any other way! Just praying that tomorrow s scan goes well xxxx

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #53 on: 25/10/16, 15:55 »
    12 weeks 1 day

Our 12 week scan this morning showed 2 healthy, active, growing babies thank god. Babies were measuring slightly ahead at 12+4 and 12+3 and both were showing 'low risk' according to the neck scan (NT scan?). We got some lovely pics although one baby was slightly too active to get a good picture but I don't mind.

We've started to tell close family and then when they all know (we both have quite a few brothers and sisters!) we'll tell other family and then friends. So far I've been totally bowled over by everyone's reactions. MIL cried with happiness and my brother was super chuffed. He lives abroad and so had to FaceTime him. He was in a foul mood initially and told me off for FaceTimeing as soon as he had got in from work... that is until I told him the news and he was so unbelievably happy, grinning from ear to ear! I still haven't managed to tell my dad or my youngest brother who decided to have an impromptu golf day so I'll just have to wait until tomorrow to tell them both. It's been a wonderful day so far. Am feeling so grateful and blessed 💙💗

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #54 on: 29/10/16, 09:53 »
    13 weeks 1 day

After the excitement of the scan and announcing our news we decided to have a few days away. We booked into a lovely spa hotel and have just relaxed for a few days. I'm trying hard not to be a pregnancy bore and just talk baby stuff to OH constantly but it's so hard as I'm so excited! Must try harder!

The day before our little break I had my first appointment at the multiples clinic. I met the twin midwife who will be looking after me during my pregnancy and basically just had a chat. She said I won't have to see the community midwife anymore but will have to attend the multiples clinic at the hospital every 3 weeks.

I'm going to a family gathering later where I'll see all my aunties and cousins. We're all really close but I've not seen them since my announcement so that should be interesting!

Offline Bettyboop82

So, after a long absence from this forum (didn't want to jinx anything), I'm currently 37+3 days pregnant with my miracle babies and anxiously awaiting their arrival via c section in 2 days! Am the size of a whale and hideously uncomfortable but feel like the luckiest, happiest person alive. I've had a smooth and lovely pregnancy and have enjoyed every second of it. Never thought I'd get to this point after ttc for so many years. I'll update as soon as I can, hopefully with good news of our babies' arrival (the fear of something going wrong never leaves you after infertility). Good luck to all undergoing treatment at the minute xx

Offline Bettyboop82

Crazily, even though my life is the busiest, messiest, most chaotic and tiring bedlam imaginable Iím yearning for another baby.... actually had unprotected and Ďwell timedí youknowwhat 10 days ago... have got AF pains as I type but a tiny glimmer of hope... 🙏🏼 🙏🏼 My babies are two now and Iím so unbelievably grateful and happy but would love to experience pregnancy and a new little baby again after the harrowing years of infertility 🌈