* Author Topic: Thyroid Chat - Part 9  (Read 39678 times)

0 Members

Offline Cloudy

• Volunteer
  • Gotta keep dancin' ducky!
modify
Thyroid Chat - Part 9
« on: 9/07/16, 19:22 »
Hello!  :)

Welcome to your new thyroid chat thread!

The previous thread can be found here: https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=283032.new#new

Happy chatting ladies!

Cloudy - FF Moderator

Xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Orchid-1

• Gold Member
    • Have courage to follow your heart and intuition...
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #1 on: 16/07/16, 21:36 »
     Thanks Cloudy. Just joking now.  :) :)

Offline dollydreamer

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #2 on: 29/07/16, 16:38 »
    Hi Ladies.

Looking for some advise please. I've tested positive for thyroid antibodies and had an elevated TSH that was classed as within normal levels but as we know not ideal for fertility! Only now after 3 failed cycles I am finally going for a FET where my consultant has prescribed thyroxine 50mg and Prednisolne 25mg, asprin and intralipids. My recent test results are TSH has reduced slightly from 2.56 to 1.91 (last test end april after a failed cycle) and my T4 is now 13 from 12 but my thyroid antibodies have increased from 179 to 207. I'm on thyroxine to hopefully bring down my TSH to 1 for my transfer planned mid September. The prednisolne is for the antibodies but my question is when did you take prednisolne in your cycle? I have been told to take it 4 weeks before treatment so start now. Then start my progynova around the 20th August in prep of my FET. Does this seem like a long time? By the time I get to transfer I will have been on prednisolne for 6 weeks? Can't find anyone on this thread that was on it that long?

Thanks  ^idiot^

Offline Wishings15

• Gold Member
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #3 on: 4/08/16, 11:32 »
    Hi ladies,

I'm looking for some advice. I've got loads of things wrong, and I really don't want to add to my troubles/stress.

I've emailed serum looking for a consultation. The response included that they recommend gluten free for 3 months due to my anti-thyroid anti-bodies. But I've had a test for coeliac disease, and the rest was negative (I forgotten to advise them, it seems like such a long time ago).

So just to confirm this result means that going gluten free wouldn't have any impact or should I go for it?

I'm confused when reading into it, and because of my lifestyle, weight, I think I'm going to find it harder than most.

Any idea? Am I being daft x

Offline Calluna

• Gold Member
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #4 on: 7/08/16, 15:35 »
    Hi Wishing. The argument for going gluten free is that gluten contributes to increased intestinal permeability (leaky gut) so even if your immune system isn't reacting to the gluten itself, it may react to other proteins that 'leak' through. Leaky gut may be involved in the development of autoimmune disease. So it might be worth trying. There are loads of gluten free alternatives available these days so it's quite easy x

Dolly, I haven't heard of anyone starting that early but perhaps they are thinking it will help to get your thyroid antibodies down before you cycle x

Offline bethannora

• Gold Member
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #5 on: 8/08/16, 12:19 »
    Hey ladies

Just wondering if anyone can help with my thyroid results, and let em know how it might affect my next IVF cycle?

TSH - 6.65 (high)
    T4 - 12.6 (normal)
    TPO - 332 (high)

The nurse at my GP suggested I am probably hypothyroid, and possibly have hashimoto's too. I am awaiting a call back from my clinic, and I am guessing I will have to delay my upcoming 5th cycle until my levels are normal. But does anyone know how long this might take? I will be having a double donor this time - so I won't be using my own eggs (will be using my partners) and donor sperm.

Thanks ladies

B x

Offline Mrs.AT

modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #6 on: 9/08/16, 20:09 »
    Hi bethannora

My TPO is also high at 257.  I have spoken to a nurse from argc today and she said that this is nothing to worry about at this point as  they will treat this with steroids once I start cycling. I was not aware that i had problems with my thyroid as my tsh came back normal at 3.63. Does this mean I have Hashimoto?
     My T4 is 15.8 so also within range apparently.
    Stupid question but what is t3 then?

Does anyone know how a high TPO affects ivf please?

Offline Mrs.AT

modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #7 on: 9/08/16, 20:15 »
    I have just read on the previous pages that tsh also needs to be below 1 for ivf? I am totally clueless and there seems to be a whole new world opening up  :-\

Offline Leenaj

• Gold Member
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #8 on: 9/08/16, 20:27 »
    Hi bethanora and Andrea

I had a high tsh of 5.16 but normal t4 levels.
    And I have high thyroid antibodies. Tsh should be below 2.5 /2. It can take a couple of months to get it down. My immunes palava started in April and only now am I able to continue with fET. Thyroid is easy to sort out but thyroid a nobodies means steroid etc will be needed.

Offline Mrs.AT

modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #9 on: 9/08/16, 23:07 »
    Thanks for info Leenaj.  Argc actually told me that they will treat my thyroid issues with steroids during my cycle and that I should concentrate now on getting cytokines down with Humira. Are you with Argc? It seems you were advised to sort thyroid issues first before you could start? Did you take any medication to get your tsh down prior to your cycle? Do you know if antibodies respond well to treatment? Any advice I would be so grateful