* Author Topic: LIT Ladies chat ~ Part 4 (formerly LIT needed)  (Read 127014 times)

0 Members

Offline CherryLee

• Un-Ranked
modify
LIT Ladies chat ~ Part 4 (formerly LIT needed)
« Reply #770 on: 11/12/18, 08:09 »
Does anyone here know if you can go alone
to do Pooled donor LIT with Dr Gorgy,
or do you have to bring someone do donate blood as well?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Rainbow80

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #771 on: 21/05/19, 15:27 »
    Hey ladies,

I know this thread has been idle but just looking for a bit of advice:-) had our 1st round of paternal LIT nearly 2 weeks ago and heading over for the next one next week. We are going to do an egg retrieval and transfer quite soon so was considering doing a pooled LIT this time rather than the paternal as we won't have time to get retested and treat again before we transfer. Do you think it's worth the risk of doing a pooled lit? We have no dq alpha matches and I had a reaction after the paternal lit - swelling and itching! Thks for any help xx

Offline RainbowWarrior

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #772 on: 7/06/19, 17:07 »
    Hi Rainbow80. Can I ask why you're having LIT if no matches?
    I've been recommended LIT and have a first appt with Gorgy in a couple of weeks. I have low LAD and a partial match with my partner for DQ Alpha.
    I know you are doing with IVF but figured I'd ask....do you know if TTC naturally you ought to have the LIT at a particular stage in the cycle? Or at least is there a particular time to avoid?
    Thanks!!

Offline Rainbow80

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #773 on: 4/07/19, 10:31 »
    Sorry rainbowwarrior I didn't see your message! I've low LAD hence the LIT. No matches with hubby so Dr Gorgy recommended paternal LIT. No idea about timing on a natural cycle though!

Offline Choupi15

modify
    « Reply #774 on: 4/07/19, 10:56 »
    Hey Rainbow80,

I had two LIT from my Husband as we were a matched then after retest the LAD didn't increase much ,since then had a two Pool LIT.

DR G did mention when am near transfer to have one more Pool LIT and one after pregnancy. I think go for the Pool one.

Thanks

Offline RainbowWarrior

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #775 on: 9/07/19, 15:33 »
    Thanks both! I ended up just going for it. He said it wouldn't matter when. I was a bit concerned my first treatment might be when I was pregnant (wishful thinking there!). It was pretty horrible I thought but that didn't last long. I've since had some other results back and trying to figure out what this KIR karotyping is all about. Is this in some way connected to the HLA do you know? I'm trying to make sense of the results and don't have an appointment with Dr G for a couple of weeks yet. How are you getting on with your treatments?

Offline RainbowWarrior

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #776 on: 1/09/19, 11:21 »
    Hi there. As update I went ahead with the two LIT cycles but now I'm completely confused. I had my repeat LAD test done to check if it's worked and my LAD results are now much lower! I didn't even know this was possible.
    Does anyone have any thoughts? Advice as to why this might have happened?

Offline Bluetop1981

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #777 on: 25/01/20, 15:35 »
    Hi

I had pooled LIT earlier this week. It was roughly 6 insertions per arm. I had heard that you should get a reaction of red bumps from it and maybe itching. Iíve had none of these. The only marks I have are little pin pricks that arenít really noticeable. You can maybe feel the bumps under the skin but even then its not really obvious. Has anyone had this? Itís making me wonder if it was done correctly!