* Author Topic: Thyroid Chat - Part 9  (Read 39833 times)

0 Members

Offline Pizzicato45

modify
Thyroid Chat - Part 9
« Reply #150 on: 16/01/18, 11:41 »
Hi Syd - I think increased dose can take effect pretty quickly - for me TSH reduced from 2.5 to 1.5 in a few days - so don't panic. My GP then automatically raised my dose on BFP and we monitored it really closely. From all the books and thyroid forums I've read (obsessively), the recommendations for medication timing is 1 hour before food, 2 hours before vitamins and 4 hours before hormones (including vitamin D), calcium, and iron, so maybe spacing cyclacur out more could help too? But then I know it's not easy with multiple doses and trying to fit in sleep, especially with lots of travel.

Wishing you all the best for this cycle and safe travels x

Hi Laquinn - I've changed my username from Catkins10. New year, new cycle, new hope  ^pray^ I hope you had a good Christmas and New Year. Yes, I would recommend the Auto Immune Protocol - definitely not for ever, but it's a good body reset. Personally, my love of potatoes is too great to give them up forever. But weirdly my last test results show my antibodies lower than they have been since diagnosis and I have been eating a lot of bad foods, so who knows?! I am having a consultation with Serum later this week, when they are in Edinburgh, so will be back on the AIP very soon once I have the motivation of a new cycle.
Wishing you lots of luck x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Syd72

• Gold Member
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #151 on: 16/01/18, 12:39 »
    Pizzi, thank you, that's really interesting.  I frequently take vitamin d and iron (and various other vitamins) about 1-2 hours after my thyroxine so that could be where I'm going wrong.  Thank you too for the reassurance x

Offline Laquinn

• Gold Member
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #152 on: 16/01/18, 15:08 »
    Pizzicato - Yes! New year, new cycle, new hope  ^fairydust^

I've started my first superovulation cycle and on my 4th day of Letrozole - so fingers crossed my ovaries respond well and we get some good eggs  ^pray^
    I don't want to do anything too extreme diet-wise as my FSH shot up when I started dieting and exercising a lot. Just being kind to myself and hoping the rest follows!  ;D I saw Serum were in Edinburgh and it peaked my interest - are you thinking of cycling with them? x

Offline Pizzicato45

modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #153 on: 16/01/18, 16:10 »
    Laquinn - Being kind to yourself is so important  ^hugme^ and very good that FSH is behaving. Yes, Serum definitely our next step. I did a lot of research before my NHS cycle as I needed to have a back up plan in place, and Serum coming to Edinburgh is such a good opportunity to start the ball rolling. It'll be a double donation cycle. Just hope the snow stops so that I can actually get to Edinburgh!

^goodluck^  - superovulation sounds very promising x

Offline Laquinn

• Gold Member
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #154 on: 16/01/18, 18:41 »
    Pizzicato - There's a blizzard here too  ::) They say you have to give the superovulation 6 cycles  :o

Good luck with Serum too - lots of bubbas all round for us 2018 please! x  ^pray^

Offline AMac44

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #155 on: 18/01/18, 10:01 »
    Hi everyone. What an amazing and informative thread. I'm about to start ivf next month at Care in Manchester. I have Hashimotos but my TsH is now in range. I feel hideous tho - pins and needles in my extremities, brain fog, lethargy - worse than before diagnosis. I'm 38 also with high fsh and consultant thinks I've got diminished reserve caused by hashimoto antibodies. Does anyone else have this? They're going to give me prednisol but from what I'm reading it's pretty hit and miss. My anxiety levels are off the scale at the moment. It's a rough ride isn't it. Aimi x

Offline Laquinn

• Gold Member
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #156 on: 18/01/18, 13:20 »
    Hi AMac,
    Have you had other immunes testing? From what I can gather if you have Hashi's you might have other immune issues...
    I've read about people with immune issues improving FSH through elimination diets so their ovaries function better. I got my FSH down from 30 to 7 by eating a more estrogenic diet, I've cut out gluten and dairy and getting more blood flow to the ovaries with yoga etc... Hopefully it will pay off!
    Have you read Inconceivable by Julia Indichova? She conceived her daughter with an FSH of 30 so I'm not sure how much it matters anyway. It's worth a read for inspiration. Have you tried mindfulness for your anxiety? x

Offline AMac44

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #157 on: 18/01/18, 14:35 »
    Hi Laquinn thanks for your message. No I haven't had any other tests apart from a thyroid count. I feel a bit frustrated as I went to see an endocrinologist privately and he was almost flippant about it and said so long as TsH is in range it shouldn't affect! Rubbish! I've gone gluten free but I just feel rotten. I think a lot is anxiety. I will absolutely get her book. How many cycles have you had? All the best to you. So great to talk to other people going thru same x

Offline Pizzicato45

modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #158 on: 18/01/18, 14:45 »
    Laquinn - currently on train and so much snow everywhere. Rather glad we left the car at home! Am very excited to meet team serum and hear their thoughts.
    Hi AMac 😁 Definitely would echo what Laquinn has said about diet/immunes etc. I empathise so much with your symptoms - currently having a Hashi flare up and brain fog and anxiety are the worst of my symptoms. Have you had your B12 levels tested? I tend to get pins and needles if my levels slip into bottom third of the range. I also find high dose fish oil and anti-oxidants (pycnogenol or resveratrol) help calm down my immune system. It's all a bit trial and error for Hashis and finding what works for you.
    I'm afraid I don't have any knowledge of Hashi related diminished reserve but I'm sure someone else will be able to advise you specifically. But I did my OE cycle at 42 with no left ovary and only part of my right and an FSH of 10. I was told not to expect to even get to transfer stage but produced two top grade embryos. So things can go better than expected. x

Offline AMac44

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #159 on: 18/01/18, 14:57 »
    Wow that's great to hear!! I feel like it will take a first failed cycle for them to test further immunes but I want to get them all done before we start burning through our savings. Is the general consensus that we re in this for a fair few rounds then? I need to pull myself together and be a bit more positive. Thank you ladies. You're experiences are so valuable. X