* Author Topic: Thyroid Chat - Part 9  (Read 39737 times)

0 Members

Offline Juju44

modify
Thyroid Chat - Part 9
« Reply #20 on: 28/08/16, 10:00 »
Hi Amazone,

The results in Jan & Mar are the same lab. Aug different lab.

I have stopped taking thyroxine in June, hence the Aug results shows an increase. I'm not taking any meds at the moment.

My thyroid antibodies is 505, taken in Jan & this with the high TSH has given the clinic concerns that I have Hasimoto disease. I went to my doctor, again he was not concerned even with my antibody results but he did refer me to a Endocrinologist so I'm now waiting for that to happen. I guess your GP can't know it all.

Can anyone recommend a good Endocrinologist in London or Hertfordshire? Not sure how long it will take on the NHS.

This is completely new to me, it doesn't run in my family. I have been doing acupuncture.

Another layer of issues to deal with  :( :

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline GingerFold

modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #21 on: 28/08/16, 10:22 »
    Juju - I've been seeing Dr Simon Aylwin at the London Clinic on my BUPA insurance.  I think he also does London Bridge.  He's not cheap, so you might find chapter out of London and in Hertfordshire to be honest.

I had underactive turning to overactive at the start of the year and he sorted me through that and has also seen me through IVF and now 13 weeks.  Had my last appointment with him this week and he said come back next year after I've given birth so he can keep an eye on me.

Offline Orchid-1

• Gold Member
    • Have courage to follow your heart and intuition...
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #22 on: 29/08/16, 12:20 »
    Gingerfold- Just wondering how much Simon Aylwin is?

Congrats by the way. It is such a roller-coaster.  ??? :)

Offline GingerFold

modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #23 on: 29/08/16, 13:08 »
    Orchid - to be honest I'm not really sure as its on my Bupa. I can try and dig out some invoices and see if it's on there.

Offline Juju44

modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #24 on: 29/08/16, 13:32 »
    Thanks Gingerfold.  I may also check with his office to get dates & prices.

I have booked an appointment with Dr Gerard Conway, as a few other ladies recommend him. His initial consultation is 280 & 190 for follow up appointments. So it's going to be expensive.

Orchid1 gives you an idea of costs. I do have Bupa but as it is for fertility I can't use it.

Offline Orchid-1

• Gold Member
    • Have courage to follow your heart and intuition...
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #25 on: 29/08/16, 14:46 »
    Thank you Juju.  :)

Offline Juju44

modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #26 on: 30/08/16, 12:24 »
    Orchid1, prices from Dr Alywins' office - initial appointment 330 and follow ups 180.  Doesn't include prices of bloods or scans.... didn't think it would as everything IVF related is expensive.

Looks like they are both similar prices.

Offline Mrs.AT

modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #27 on: 31/08/16, 23:31 »

I am wondering if anybody could give me an idea about tsh level and antibody levels when they tarted taking thyroid medication. The advice from argc to treat thyroid during cycle with steroids is bugging me as I keep on reading that it should be treated before the cycle.
    Tsh 3.63 (0.27-4.2)
    Free T4 15.8 (12.0-22.0)
    Free T3 4.3 (3.1-6.8)
    Antibodies peroxidase 257 (>75 positive)
    Antibodies thyroglobukin 184 (>150 elevated)

Thanks!

Offline Calluna

• Gold Member
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #28 on: 1/09/16, 08:50 »
    Hi Andreat,

The steroids for the antibodies can wait until you cycle but I would ask to start thyroxine asap to get your TSH close to 1. Thyroid hormones, including TSH, play a role in follicle development and I think the sooner you get them right the better. Don't worry too much though - lots of women get their TSH down just in time for transfer and have success. But if you have the chance to get it down sooner I would.

Good luck x

Offline Leenaj

• Gold Member
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #29 on: 1/09/16, 09:02 »
    agree with calluna...get your tsh down to below 2 - shouldnt take long. steroids wont bring down your tsh, they will help with the antibodies etc