* Author Topic: Thyroid Chat - Part 9  (Read 34609 times)

0 Members

Offline brooky

modify
Thyroid Chat - Part 9
« Reply #360 on: 26/06/20, 15:03 »
I didn't realise it was HFEA advice, my consultant just said that she wouldn't want to use steroids. It is all a bit confusing expecially as the advice varies.  Flipsy: were you on aspirin and clexane because of previous miscarriage?
Babybird: I hope you can get on with it. I wonder whether I should say I want to use steroids anyway and shield?

I still am not sure how long I would have to take all these drugs for if I get BFP.. Any one know?

Thanks guys

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline babybird888

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #361 on: 26/06/20, 15:45 »
    Hey, as far as I know (Iíve been told by 3 separate clinics) the use of steroids and intralipids for the purpose of fertility treatment is actually banned until the HFEA lifts the ban. And apparently they hate intralipids so will probably drag their heels on lifting the ban on those 🥴 I have emailed them myself to try and find out when theyíre likely to lift the ban so will let you know when they get back to me....

Offline brooky

modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #362 on: 26/06/20, 17:53 »
    Crikey, OK thanks, be really interested to know what they say xx

Offline brooky

modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #363 on: 30/06/20, 15:23 »
    Hi, I just had consultation with a reproductive endo which was really helpful. He didn't seem to think my TPO is too high at 60 odd and is sending me a list of tests to have via the GP hopefully. He said clexane and aspirin should cover most auto immune stuff and that he thought that the steroids could be used on a case by case basis so he is going to recomend it.. so I'll let you know what the clinic says about that. Scary to be taking all these things but hey....

Offline ZC

modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #364 on: 4/07/20, 00:02 »
    Iím on steroids and clexane
    EU clinic
    So no change here

Offline ZC

modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #365 on: 4/07/20, 00:07 »
    I canít find where HFEA have banned these. I can find where they list them as add ons and their efficacy

https://www.hfea.gov.uk/treatments/explore-all-treatments/treatment-add-ons/