* Author Topic: Thyroid Chat - Part 9  (Read 36649 times)

0 Members

Offline Artypants

• Volunteer
modify
Thyroid Chat - Part 9
« Reply #370 on: 12/09/20, 11:06 »
Thats a shame you are not on anything, but that will probably work out better for your scan as it will be seeing the real situation rather than a medicated one.

I did get pregnant with very high antibodies in 2017 but I had a chemical pregnancy as I was unaware at the time that I had thyrotoxicosis which is not a good place to be. That was my last ever go and I am gutted it ended that way. I would get on top of the situation as once its under control you should stand a much better chance.  My antibodies have never recovered but as long as everything else is in order you can get pregnant and stay pregnant. I also took steroids and intralipids which would have helped with the antibodies.

xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Desperatelady30

modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #371 on: 12/09/20, 11:45 »
    I'm so sorry that yours turned out to be a chemical. The doctor has said it's toxicosis that I had/have. The thought of getting pregnant and then it being a chemical or miscarriage absolutely fills me with fear, I don't know how I'd cope. I was told I'm 4 times more likely to miscarry. My IVF clinic suggested trying intralipids next time but the consultant had never heard of them.
    Are you going to try again?
    X

Offline Artypants

• Volunteer
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #372 on: 12/09/20, 16:37 »
    It was such a sh1t time as we knew it was the last go and we have given up now, my health just couldn't take it again, we have one miracle so we are lucky in that respect.

Its definitely very toxic to be in that state so glad you are getting better, if your clinic doesn't know about the intralipids maybe ask about a small dose of steroids, the UK clinics aren't as convinced about intralipids as they are abroad so its the pot luck if the do offer them.