* Author Topic: Info about getting Level 2 Immunes tests done with Locus Medicus (Athens)  (Read 9426 times)

0 Members

Offline Uber Barrens Club

• Gold Member-10018
Carley - you just need someone who will do a blood draw  - if your GP will do them for you then great! I'm in London so just went to TDL, who do a walk-in phlebotomy service, I think I paid 20-something for someone to draw up the blood, then they gave me the vacutainers and I went and packaged them up at Mailboxes etc.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline K jade

• Gold Member-10018
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    hi does anyone know anywhere in south wales/ Bristol area that will draw blood for me for this?

Offline K jade

• Gold Member-10018
    Just to let everyone know that if you choose to have the blood container kit sent to you from LM in order to do these tests, the packaging is VERY indiscreet.
    The box  clearly states locus medicus, hidden chlamydia, and Fertility testing kit in bold writing on the front
    Rather awkwardly DHL left it with my neighbour
     :-[
    Please specify with DHL that you do not wish to have it left with neighbours if u want to avoid the rather embarrassing situation I just found myself in

Offline Inaaya

• Gold Member-10018
    OMG!! K jade that's awful!! Sorry but that made me laugh aswell thinking what your neighbours face would have been like!!

Good luck xxx

Offline K jade

• Gold Member-10018
    Innaya the worst thing is my neighbours have boy girl twins so clearly ivfers themselves therefore likely to know what LM is . Or at least more likely than the average lay person.
    It's the chlamydia thing I'm dying abou most. They'll think one of us has been playing around I expect therefore has picked it up and needs to be tested. Ahhhhhh!  ;D
    X

Offline Angedelight

• Sr. Member-10017
    KJade, noooooo, I'm dying for you! We lose our dignity with all the Scans and investigations anyway and now this!. That's awful. Definetely complain. CGRW have always been really helpful for me- they might take bloods for you and are in Cardiff.
    X

Offline Liz3511

• Sr. Member-10017
    Just in case anyone goes to ARGC after having the Locus Medicus testing done, they have refused to accept my 'Chicago' tests and want me to re-do all of them!

In all honesty, I trust Locus Medicus enough not to have them re-done.