* Author Topic: Iui or natural cycle ivf  (Read 1515 times)

0 Members

Offline magicpillow

• Gold Member
modify
Iui or natural cycle ivf
« Reply #10 on: 29/09/16, 21:40 »
Thanks for your reply Toad and for sharing (and all the other ladies!).  It's good to hear others' experiences and opinions.  Since my original post we've pretty much decided to go for a full ivf with donor sperm and will probably change clinics.  Just waiting to have bloods done and can then book a consultation.  It'll probably be either Nov, Dec or Jan depending on when I feel mentally ready.  I still feel battered from the second go and I'm struggling a bit again with the miscarriage from Feb.  I think it's because I would have been due a few weeks ago and feel like I should be at home with a baby right now.  I'm sure it'll pass and I'll be raring to go again soon.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline RusskiHope

modify
    Iui or natural cycle ivf
    « Reply #11 on: 10/10/16, 20:27 »
    Hola lovely ladies, had my HCG and progesterone blood tests today and results came to me after 3 hours! With a little message:

Please find attached your results which are indicative of a positive pregnancy test. You can print this PDF file and pass to your GP/Midwife team.
    NORMAL Progesterone levels during pregnancy:
    1st trimester (weeks 1-12):
    32.6-140 nmol/L

And my progesterone level - 131.9
    And HCG - 100.9

I can not believe it! And still can't believe it!!! I'm in shock, I think!!!
    Called my clinic in Riga, chatted with my nurse (told me to carry on with my vitamins which I'm still taking after IUI), and then with my acupuncturist! DH is over the moon!
    And I thought AF was coming as boobs became sooooo sore a couple of days ago! And nipples are sooooo sensitive! Don't even know dpos when I felt it as I've stopped following and monitoring symptoms. I haven't even POAS!
    My next HCG and progesterone blood tests are on Wednesday. Will report then.

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    • Single Mother By Choice
    modify
    Iui or natural cycle ivf
    « Reply #12 on: 11/10/16, 07:22 »
    If all is ok with the female home inseminations are also an option.....

Good luck ladies.

Offline gwinethblack

modify
    Iui or natural cycle ivf
    « Reply #13 on: 11/10/16, 07:32 »
    I would rather go for ivf than iui because it has better chances in the end. Also if your egg quality is not bad than why would you waste your time and strength on iui when you wonít even be sure that it will result in something? You know, if choosing between the cycles you will have to have the appt with the doctor so itíll be he who will tell you is it is okay to not to moderate your cycle or maybe you will have to. It will raise your chances of getting pregnant but it is done only if needed to be.

Offline gwinethblack

modify
    Iui or natural cycle ivf
    « Reply #14 on: 11/10/16, 07:33 »
    PS. In my clinic as I have been talking to a manager they have said that it is only dr who decides on it. And when I am there for the initial consultation I will be given the long or short protocol depending on my reproductive systemís state.