* Author Topic: Has anyone been to an IVF clinic in Turkey recently?  (Read 974 times)

0 Members

Offline Besidetheseaside

Hello

Has anyone been to an IVF clinic in Turkey recently?
We went to the Bahceci clinic in Istanbul in May this year and planned embryo pulling a few months afterwards.
Unfortunately the political situation has changed in July  and we're not sure if it's safe to go there at the moment.
We're desperate as we really want to go to the Bahceci clinic in Istanbul as we think that this clinic offers us the best chances. The Bahceci in Cyprus always pushes us in direction egg donation which we don't want at all.

Thank you in advance.
xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Cloudy

• Volunteer
    • Gotta keep dancin' ducky!
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 11/09/16, 12:56 »
    I don't have any personal experience at all but I did read an article about an IVF clinic in Turkey being closed by the government because of some tenuous link to someone apparently involved in the Coup attempt. If you google news search Turkey IVF I think it was about two weeks ago on the Telegraph or Guardian website.

My only thoughts would be that actually clinic choice isn't going to make the difference unless they do something that other places don't do. We stressed about clinic choice for months and had consultations and even went abroad for two face-to-face consultations and you know what, they nearly all said the same thing (well, 50:50 split with recommending PGS or not, but other than that everything else about treatment and protocol was the same). I think we naturally put a lot of weight on the outcome being dependant on the clinic, but now I think it doesn't matter as much: I see people get pregnant or not get pregnant at every clinic and I am beginning to think its just a lucky dip lottery in some ways  :)

Xxx

Offline Besidetheseaside

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 11/09/16, 17:55 »
    Hi

Thank you for your answer.
    I've heard about that clinic, it's the Istanbul Tüp Bebek clinic, this clinic was closed by the government.
    Bahceci was not involved in the coup and is still open.
    We wanted to go there as the consultant operated on me and he's just fantastic. We would need embryo pulling as I'm a poor responder and NGS (like array CGH) and all of that for a reasonable price.

Xx

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 31/08/20, 14:54 »
    How did it all go ladies? I'm wantingtg o start next month in Istanbul or Izmir. Which did you go with and how was your experience?