* Author Topic: new member - Single Woman  (Read 537 times)

0 Members

Offline hanbluebell

• Registered-2
modify
new member - Single Woman
« on: 21/09/16, 14:50 »
Hi All,
I was put in touch with this forum by Donor Conception Network, this is something I have needed to do for a long time & so I am finally reaching out for advice & support, having read some of the threads I can see this is a very supportive community.
I am 33 years old, I live in Liverpool, I am single & due to a traumatic experience when I was 26, I will not conceive naturally, ie with a partner. I am not currently aware of any fertility issues, I have never been tested, but I do have severe Endometriosis so I know this may cause some difficulty for me.
My situation would therefore require donor sperm at the very least, possibly fertility treatment also.
I do not know where to start, please if anyone has any advice or direction for me, I would be most appreciative of any information I can get.
Is there anyone in the North West area who could recommend any clinics for me to contact to get started?
Thank You x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline helly79

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 22/09/16, 20:23 »
    Hi, hambluebell, welcome to ff. I am in the northwest, I live in wigan. We had our treatment on the NHS but had to go to a private clinic for the actual icsi. We was sent to Care Manchester. I would recommend them, I felt well looked after, even being a nhs patient, I felt like I was treated exactly like a private patient would be. Another clinic is Manchester fertility. I'm not sure on Liverpool, but I'm sure that their will be private clinics. As for getting a donor, I'm not sure on how to do that. I would ring the clinics and ask them. Also there is a donor board on here, where someone will be able yo help you with that.  There is also a northwest board someone on there could recommend more clinics for you. Good luck.xx

Offline helly79

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 22/09/16, 20:41 »
    Just looked myself for Liverpool, and there is Liverpool women hospital and one in  the Wirral called Arrow Park Fertility Clinic. I would ring them and ask about the donor sperm. Good luck.xx

Offline wibble-wobble

• Moderator-4
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 22/09/16, 22:13 »
    Arrowepark is a satellite clinic to Liverpool women's. Basically they do scans/tests and provide meds (if its still the same as a few years back) egg collection and transfer would be at the Hc in Liverpool Women's. They have their own sperm bank too