* Author Topic: First period after miscarriage  (Read 537 times)

0 Members

Offline rothbard

modify
First period after miscarriage
« on: 23/09/16, 14:23 »
My wife had a miscarriage last month in her 7th week (the baby's heartbeat was first found to be too slow and then it stopped). She had an ERPC on 19 August. I am worried that she hasn't had her period yet, even though she's usually very regular and it has been over a month. How long does it normally take for the first period to come after a miscarriage?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Zeka

• Gold Member
    • 08: Ms Mellon; 09: UCH + ARGC, 10: FGA + ARGC
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 23/09/16, 18:42 »
    Hi rothbard, for each of my miscarriages, if I remember correctly my first period was 2-3 weeks later than the usual month. I'm sure it can vary greatly though.
    Hope you are both coping ok, it's a horrible thing to go through.
    Zeka x

Offline Rabbit100

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 23/09/16, 22:02 »
    Hi Rothbard

I'm so sorry for your loss. It varies from woman to woman and can take quite a few weeks. One thing that worked well for me to bring my hormones back on track & periods too was doing reflexology.

Rx

Offline rothbard

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 24/09/16, 18:57 »
    Thanks for both of your replies. By the way, from your personal experiences do you think that stress, or lack of stress, may have contributed to a miscarriage or a successful pregnancy, respectively?

Offline Rabbit100

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 24/09/16, 21:56 »
    I don't personally believe stress would be the cause of a miscarriage (although that's my personal view from experience rather than a medical one), I read as much as I could and did a lot of blaming myself for mine.  I believe stress in my case did contribute to periods of infertility in between the miscarriages though.  For my successful pregnancies after so many miscarriages I used circle & bloom relaxation CDs / downloads both in the run up to and throughout theregmancies and would strongly recommend them. I downloaded them from their website.

Rx