* Author Topic: Anyone tried natural/mild IVF after poor response to standard IVF?  (Read 6127 times)

0 Members

Offline 5thtimelucky

Hope it all goes well. I was really impressed by their consultation - it was very in depth.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Hopefull82

• Un-Ranked
    Hi Molly, Hi 5th Time Lucky

Sorry for the delayed reply. I hope everything is going as well as can be for you both. Just to update you - I've just finished my 3rd cycle with Create so am having time off to allow the drugs to leave my system before having a frozen transfer in a couple of weeks. I have x2 day 3 frozen embryos and x2 day 5 blastocysts in the freezer. Will soon be speaking with the embryologist to discuss which one to transfer.

To answer your question about the consultants at Create, I've found them all excellent. We go to the Bristol clinic primarily, but have also been to the Birmingham clinic too - both are great.

M - How did your consultation with Create do?
    5thTime - how is your 3rd cycle going?

Hopeful

Offline Molly82

That's great news Hopefull82. This should mean you have a few chances now to transfer and hopefully still have some left to use in the future, amazing news! Were you on 150 gonal f from day 5? I did go for a consultation at St Paul's in London but wasn't sure as I am worried they would only retrieve one egg each time. I think my preference is to give it one more shot with mild stims to see if I can get more than two eggs. I need to do PGD too sonrealky need as many eggs as I can get x

Offline Little Lamb

• Un-Ranked
    Hi all, I just wanted to add my experiences being a poor responder, as we tried quite a few different protocols. I agree that doing regular stimms with increased FSH just doesn't work - we did around 6 egg collections with amounts ranging from 150 to 450, I pretty much got one good egg every try (with between 5 to 10 immature - I seemed to have good follicle growth and a reasonable number of eggs).

We then tried two cycles with clomid (Mini IVF or Japanese Protocol) and a little booster of FSH on days 8, 10 and 12. The first one we got 4 mature eggs (freeze all) and then the next we got 3 mature. Unfortunately most of the first batch didn't survive the thaw, and only 2 fertilised, none making it past day 2. (We also have sperm issues).

We're now moving onto donor eggs and we've had enough, 8 cycles in total with very limited success, but I would definitely recommend trying clomid, it's called the Japanese Protocol. If we had the energy for it and weren't at number 8 I'd do more clomid cycles - just wouldn't freeze any eggs before fertilisation. It felt like the best results even though none made it that time to blast.

Hope this helps any of you out there wondering if it's worth trying - the doctors here kept talking us out of it, saying it's the cheap option, we wish we had of just stuck to our intuition about it. :)

Offline Ceejie

• Un-Ranked
    Hi ladies

I hope you don't mind me jumping on the thread.

I too an with create.

I am not a poor responder though. I get a great number of eggs but they are poor quality and by day 2/3 they arrest, lots of fragmentation, slow to develope etc. 

We conceived our daughter 3.5 years ago naurally and our secondary fertility is unexplained.

Due to poor quality after 3 cycles (first we had zero fertilisation), 2nd chemical and 3rd just didn't take - we have never had any make it to freeze, despite a decent number of eggs.

Create have recommended to me a natural modified IVF to get fewer eggs, but hopefully better quality.  Has anyone had improved quality from natural modified IVF?

Offline Hopefull82

• Un-Ranked
    Hi Ceejie,

The quality of my eggs was similar when I was on both mild-stim and natural modified protocols. However, I only ever had one or two eggs collected, and each time one would fertilise and reach blastocyst. Therefore I cannot say whether or not the natural modified produced better quality or not.... I had a 5day blasto transfer yesterday using the blasto from round 1 which was a mild stim protocol. If this doesn't work, we'll thaw the blasto created from the natural modified cycle....
    Sorry, this probably isn't much help. I was a poor responder to mild stim, therefore had a different experience to you. However, I do believe that there is common sense wisdom in the idea that fewer drugs results in better quality eggs...

Wishing you all the best

Offline Molly82

Hi Hopefull82, glad the ET went well and wishing you all the best for testing day :-) I am starting a mild stimulation protocol in a few weeks time with Boston Place and just wondered what doses you were on for mild stims at Create? Also after your EC did they take the embryos to blast and then freeze or freeze Day 3 and then thaw?

Many thanks
    M.

Offline lillylooks

• Un-Ranked
    Hi ladies not sure how to start a new post so replying here. hope that's ok! I just finished my 5th round of IVF. Unfortunately only one was collected and didn't fertilise properly. Had my follow up appointment at ARGC today and was told that as my AMH is only 1.7 and I am only 34 that I shouldn't do IVF again. I was advised to do a natural cycle IVF cycle asap and if that wasn't successful I should consider using donor eggs. I'm pretty crushed as I wasn't expecting to hear that I thought I'd keep trying unti I was 40! If anyone has any success stories or can offer some help and support I would really appreciate it. Has anyone done a natural cycle with a low AMH and had a baby?

Offline KatiPati

• Un-Ranked
    Hi lillylooks,

I had similar issues with my eggs, low AMH and I am 42. I never seen BFP until I had done natural cycle in Serum. Unfortunatelly it ended with miscarriage but it is a full step forward. I also had a natural pregnancy that also ended in miscarriage. I will keep trying with OE in a Serum as I am advised low chance but not impossible. Good luck!

Offline Hopefull82

• Un-Ranked
    Hi there,

I thought I'd hop on this old thread in case anyone is still reading it and is interested to hear how I got on with Create and mild IVF.

Unfortunately it did not work out for me. I had three rounds of mild IVF (Modified natural x2 and mild stim x1) which resulted in two embryo transfers. Both did not take.

We have now decided to move to a different clinic for a fresh start and because a few things caused us concern at Create. There was a mistake made at the final embryo transfer. Also, they went ahead with the transfers even though my womb lining was 20mm thick. We've since learned that it's too thick and not good for the embryo.

Also, becaused we are keen to start a famili asap, we've decided to not use my eggs, but instead my partner is going to have IVF and donate eggs to me (assuming we can get my womb lining to the correct thickness).

Good luck everyone!