* Author Topic: Feeling utterly confused.  (Read 580 times)

0 Members

Offline cuevadelrosa

• Un-Ranked
modify
Feeling utterly confused.
« on: 21/10/16, 12:13 »
Hi,
I have an appt with my fertility doc this afternoon supposedly to work out my schedule and protocol.  The difficulty is I'm in Spain and it will all be conducted in Spanish, if this IVF malarkay isn't hard enough to understand in English.  I will have a translator there today to make sure we understand everything, but still, even that makes things a little more confusing.

This has been a long journey for me.  We chose our clinic in May but it's taken us this long to get to here, because of numerous tests etc.  I am 43, I have had 10 m/c.  I have FVL, MTHFR and Factor XII clotting issues.  I have just been diagnosed with Sjorgrens and have positive ANAs and raised IMg.  I also have proteinurea, although not terribly high.

On Tuesday I went for a hystereoscope.  I thought it was to check everything in my womb out, and to give things a clean.  There ended up being a bit of confusion and I discovered that the gynae was about to treat a small unsuspicious fibroid which does not impact pregnancy.  When I read the paperwork immediately before surgery and found that this was what she was going to do, I raised it and she spoke to my fertility doc.  I was told all is OK, we'll do as you want, so in I went.  What I wasn't told however is that they decided to do an endometrium scratch too.  In principal I am OK with that, but I've just been reading up on it today and discover that it's normally done on day21, and I was on day8, so what was the point in that?

I also have to speak to my fertility doc about the protein in my urine, although this has been mentioned to her previously.  I have a first appointment with a kidney doc at the end of November.   I am worried now that they will cancel my IVF to wait for this, and that the endo scratch was a waste of time, money and stress.  I'm so tempted not to bring light to it again - my GP didn't seem concerned, even when I mentioned that I was hoping to have IVF this month - she didn't bat an eyelid when the kidney appt came up as end of Nov.  I am already on aspirin now, and will have to take prednisone, and heparin.  I know the sensible thing is to mention it again, but......

Add to my worry about that, I'm aching after the endo scratch when I'm not sure I should be still, and still spotting.  I'll mention it later, but it doesn't make me feel any more confident about what's happening, or have much faith in my own body.

All in all, it feels like a mess :(  I haven't got a clue what's going on and whether this appointment this afternoon will be good news or they'll delay everything.  And I'll be gutted if they delay as it's been so long anyhow and my eggs aren't getting any younger.  :(  Sorry, just blurting really as I can't anywhere else.

Please please please let everything be OK and us start things now  ^pray^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Talkingfrog

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 21/10/16, 23:52 »
    Cuevadelrosa  - sorry to hear how you are feeling.  It must be more confusing having things translated.  Hope the appointment went ok this afternoon.

Although the scratch is normally done around day 21, I think it can be done at other times, and the benefits  can last for a few months so may not have been a waste, and I can't see it having done any harm.

Sorry I can't comment on the other issues  as I haven't heard of them.

Offline cuevadelrosa

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 22/10/16, 08:07 »
    Thank you for your response, actually it's hugely comforting to know it wasn't a waste of time and LOTS of money - wow, we got the bill for the scratch yesterday which was a shock!  Oh well, I'm relieved that the results can last a while :)

I'm way less confused now, and thrilled because we start meds at the beginning of my next cycle.  All is well.  Thank you :) x

Offline Turia

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 22/10/16, 08:38 »
    Hi there
    Just to echo Talking Frog.  The initial studies on the use of the scratch suggested that it could be done both early in the cycle and towards the end.  In fact I had 2 treatment cycles with 2 scratches (probably days 8 &21 but can't remember exactly!) so it will definitely not be a waste.  In fact one of those attempts gave me a bfp although sadly it didn't last long.

Glad you are feeling a bit better today.  It is also normal for the spotting to last a few days so don't worry about that.

Turia x