* Author Topic: Donor Eggs abroad  (Read 615 times)

0 Members

Offline 2Magpies

• Un-Ranked
modify
Donor Eggs abroad
« on: 21/07/20, 11:07 »
Hi everyone, I've been doing some research on donor eggs abroad, I am focusing on the Czech Republic right now and have emailed quite a few clinics.  So far only Zlin have come back to me, they look quite good and can see me pretty much immediately, has anyone used them?  I have also contacted Gennet and Reprofit and awaiting responses.  There is so many clinics to chose from and I wondered if anyone had any recommendations?  Zlin would need us to provide blood tests, HIV etc. tests ourselves, they also need a letter from my GP saying I'm healthy (as I'm 47), is this standard in all clinics in CR?  Also I notice that Gennet has a sister clinic in London, is this an advantage?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm sure like myself you were once starting off on this road and as clueless as me so I'd really appreciate any advice you might have!

Thank you! x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline andrea75

modify
    Donor Eggs abroad
    « Reply #1 on: 22/07/20, 21:51 »
    Hi 2Magpies Iím also considering egg donation in Czech.  We had actually been to Gennet for initial consultation.  We also used the London clinic for blood tests prior.  We found it easier to get to London and get tests done correctly.

We didnít go thru with the treatment at that time but are back again but now been in touch with Fertility Port and Gynem who have both been very prompt at replying. I need to lose some weight before we decide to book tho

Offline 2Magpies

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Donor Eggs abroad
    « Reply #2 on: 23/07/20, 10:10 »
    Hi Crazycats, thanks for your reply!  I've been in touch with Gennet but they haven't responded to me yet, I heard back from Zlin & Reprofit really quickly, Zlin could basically see me immediately!  I just need time to go over all the options.  Looking at the Gennet pricelist it looks like it works out cheaper as they seem to include all the tests you have to get done privately with the others (but I could have misread that!).  Keep in touch, let me know how you get on!  x

Offline Mmc224

modify
    Donor Eggs abroad
    « Reply #3 on: 27/07/20, 06:24 »
    We recently had a little girl following donor IVF at Fertility Port. They we're helpful and honest about chances of success. We were matched fairly quickly, had one advance trip out for discussion, blood tests and for my husband to leave a sample for testing and freezing.  We paid for their top donor package, got 11 eggs, ten we're mature and fertlised and five made it to day five as excellent embryos. We came back night before embryo transfer and had a week holiday but could have just gone for a day and night.  We implanted one embryo and it worked and have four left. 

We used Fertility 2U for medication delivery in UK as the clinic has a discount set up and organised most of it for you. 

I used an online blood test place in the UK called medichecks for my blood tests before and after, and scans at baby bond.

We also spoke to gennet who seemed good but had a bigger waiting list and also got a better vibe from the individual Dr I saw at Fertility Port.  We had a lot of the tests and blood tests done included when there for a consult.

Offline 2Magpies

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Donor Eggs abroad
    « Reply #4 on: 28/07/20, 10:16 »
    Hi Mmc224, congratulations on your little girl!  Thanks so much for your reply, it's great to get some info from people who have the experience as it's such a minefield, choosing the clinic I feel is the hard part!  Gennet were the only ones I've emailed that have not replied to me so sounds like, as you say they have a waiting list!  I'll check out Fertility Port, thanks again!