* Author Topic: Prague fertility centre - General chat and cycling part 3  (Read 42248 times)

0 Members

Offline klh80205

modify
Prague fertility centre - General chat and cycling part 3
« Reply #100 on: 16/05/17, 12:31 »
KitKat, good luck! What did they say? Our bodies do funny things sometimes. I hope this works out for you!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Daisy Mae

modify
    « Reply #101 on: 18/05/17, 19:59 »
    Oh no kitkat so sorry to hear about all the problems, it must be so frustrating. Hopefully you won't have long to wait. You've already proved that you respond well to the hormones so hopefully they won't see any need to take a month off.

Good luck to KLH and linbruzaite.

Ginakb, I've been 5 times to PFC. The first time was for a week and the others for 2-3 days (less time as they used my partners frozen sperm sample). Prague is a lovely city and there's plenty to see for a week. I think the treatment quality is considered to be fairly advanced.

Offline JRP2013

modify
    « Reply #102 on: 25/05/17, 23:25 »
    Hello ladies! I'm very new to the IVF process, but think we have settled on PFC. Can somebody explain to me their guarantee system? Specifically, "We guarantee you minimal 2 transfers (one fresh and one cryo transfer)." Is this in one cycle and if so, where does the cryo come from? I hope I'm asking my question clearly. I'm a little confused with some of the terminology. TIA!!

Offline mattysmrs

modify
    « Reply #103 on: 26/05/17, 08:14 »
    Hi JRP  with PFC You're in good hands. We are on the guarantee system too. It means that each cycle you are guaranteed a fresh transfer and a frozen transfer if your fresh transfer does not work. This is not limited to 2 transfers as it depends on how many Frosties you get. For example my first cycle gave me 8 embryos so my first comprised of 2 embryos transferred on my fresh cycle and as we had 6 Frosties I went back 3 times for those frozen cycles as they were frozen in batches of 2. All of that was classed as my first go if u see what I mean. Hope I've explained that right and not confused you further!  I finally had success on my last free round of the guarantee but I had other issues that were only detected later on.

Offline mattysmrs

modify
    « Reply #104 on: 26/05/17, 08:24 »
    I've not posted for a while on here but just wanted to say we got our BFP after our cycle back in March. We were down to our free cycle and PFC certainly saved the best til last. Our lovely donor gave us 7 embryos and all 7 went to blast! We transferred a hatching blast on 16/3 with 6 blasts in the freezer.  We went for recurrent implantation failure tests here in the uk and I was found to have a uterine septum. This was removed and next cycle bfp.  Good luck to all still cycling.

Bubble, if you still read I would love to know how you are getting on. I think you and I were up to our last cycle at the same time. Hope all ok with you xx

Offline marisse

modify
    « Reply #105 on: 26/05/17, 09:38 »
    Kitkat, lin and klh: how are you doing? It's been a while. Hope that doesn't mean that things didn't work out...

Welcome JRP2013. A cycle = one egg retrieval. You can have multiple embryos from one retrieval, so after they have put one or two embies back, the rest is frozen.
    The frozen embryos are cryos. Hope this helps.

mattysmrs: welcome back! What a story! Congratulations. Isn't is strange that they've only found out about this septum after many tries and lots of testing? I mean, doesn't a septum show on an ultrasound? Isn't this like a wall of tissue?

I'm getting ready to to back for my frosties. I'm not getting my hopes up. I have only two frozen morulas.
    They say each batch off eggs hold max. one to hold baby...

Offline mattysmrs

modify
    « Reply #106 on: 26/05/17, 10:05 »
    Apparently not mwaris, the best way to diagnose a septum is hysteroscopy.  Yes it's a wall of tissue with no blood flow so nothing can implant on it. Good luck with your Frosties. I've read lots of people get siblings from the same batch. I think you'll be just fine.

Offline JRP2013

modify
    « Reply #107 on: 26/05/17, 13:18 »
    Thank you mattysmrs and mwaris!! Your information helps a lot!!

One additional question, mattysmrs....when you went back the additional times while it was considered your first go, did you pay anything more or is that the guarantee part of it and there's no charge?

Congrats on the BFP mattysmrs and good luck to everyone!

I am going to continue to lurk and will hopefully post my updates in the near future!! We are literally just starting the process....filling out the questionnaire. I hope you ladies don't mind me asking questions along the way. You all are so very educated on this process and it helps for those of us who are not!  :) If there is anything that any of you think we should know prior to or during the process that doesn't stand out PLEASE let me know. THANK YOU!!

Good luck to us all!!!

Offline mattysmrs

modify
    « Reply #108 on: 27/05/17, 17:45 »
    I'll ask DH as I cant remember if we paid for the subsequent fets following on from the first fresh and frozen. Good luck with everything.

Offline JRP2013

modify
    « Reply #109 on: 28/05/17, 05:06 »
    Great! Thank you, mattysmrs!!