* Author Topic: Prague fertility centre - General chat and cycling part 3  (Read 43931 times)

0 Members

Offline linbruzaite

• Un-Ranked
modify
Prague fertility centre - General chat and cycling part 3
« Reply #150 on: 11/07/17, 17:00 »
No, no luck for me at the first go.

I'm thinking a lot about natural cycle. Mwaris, did you choose yourself or they offered?

I'm also thinking that in my case there are some immune issues going on rather than embryo quality.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline JRP2013

modify
    « Reply #151 on: 11/07/17, 19:13 »
    Linbruzaite, I'm so sorry it didn't work for you the first time. What makes you think it was an immune issue?

Offline marisse

modify
    « Reply #152 on: 11/07/17, 21:26 »
    JRP2013: I didn't prepare for the embryo transfer at all. In fact I had just had an egg retrieval myself 6 weeks before! I was a bit overweight by all the stims. I hadn't been eating particularly well either. I really do believe my only problem is egg quality. I agree it's a hassle having to fly from the US for treatment. The stories of failed attempts you read here are not representative since the people that had instant success and no further complications often don't post their stories. Except for me but I only do it to give people some hope!

Offline marisse

modify
    « Reply #153 on: 11/07/17, 21:31 »

I'm thinking a lot about natural cycle. Mwaris, did you choose yourself or they offered?

Yes they suggested to go for a natural FET! It makes me a bit nervous though. I have to catch the ovulation by testing with opk. And then plan the trip so that the timing is right. But I like the idea of going natural. I have had an OE FET once that worked but ended in a m/c so I know my uterus will accept a frozen embie.

Offline JRP2013

modify
    « Reply #154 on: 11/07/17, 23:41 »
    I am so glad you are posting on here, mwaris!! It helps to hear the success stories along with the others.

Offline marisse

modify
    « Reply #155 on: 12/07/17, 07:57 »
    I also want to add that my husbands sperm is sub optimal. But it still immediately worked. Eight eggs were retrieved, 2 morulas were implanted and two were frozen.

So I have had the pap smear the other day. My country has a new protocol. They test on the HPV virus. When negative, they don't test further on cell changes. I wonder if a HPV neg test result is enough for the clinic.

Offline Baking Queen

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #156 on: 12/07/17, 11:55 »
    I'd be nterested to hear if the clinic accept the result of your smear Mwaris as mine is the same. Can you keep us posted please?
    Thanks.
    BQ. xx

Offline marisse

modify
    « Reply #157 on: 12/07/17, 12:07 »
    I'd be nterested to hear if the clinic accept the result of your smear Mwaris as mine is the same. Can you keep us posted please?
    Thanks.
    BQ. xx

I will.
    Are you getting ready for a FET as well?
    How exciting! Were you also advised to go for a natural cycle FET?

Offline Baking Queen

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #158 on: 12/07/17, 17:08 »
    Hi Mwaris
    I'm hoping to do an FET next year. I doubt it will be a natural one as my cycles are so irregular and I have immune problems too. I'm still breastfeeding so will probably need to stop that too - don't think my little girl is going to like that!

BQ. xx

Offline lillie16

modify
    « Reply #159 on: 12/07/17, 22:17 »
    Hello,
     I am new here and trying to figure out how this chat works, but my husband and I are looking to come from the US to Prague - perhaps the Prague fertility centre for IVF in November.  I would love to hear how your experience is/was at this place.  Thank you for your help!  Lillie