* Author Topic: Prague fertility centre - General chat and cycling part 3  (Read 45704 times)

0 Members

Offline JRP2013

modify
Prague fertility centre - General chat and cycling part 3
« Reply #160 on: 13/07/17, 17:10 »
Hi Lillie16! I can't speak to the experience in person because we aren't scheduled to go until September, but I can say that the email communication has been great! I always get a quick response (next day, due to the time difference - I'm also in the US) from my coordinator any time I have a question or need info. I've posted a couple of questions on this site and these ladies are very knowledgeable!! GOOD LUCK!!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline lillie16

modify
    « Reply #161 on: 13/07/17, 23:22 »
    Thanks so much JRP!! So glad to find another US person - i think i'm finding a lot on this site, which was exactly what i was hoping for.  If you are scheduled to go in September, when was your first consult? When did they say they will start you on your meds? I'm trying to figure out timing of everything. We are planning to go for the whole month, but I would love to know how early everything gets started. Thank you!

Offline JRP2013

modify
    « Reply #162 on: 14/07/17, 02:31 »
    I haven't really had an official consult. We chose to correspond with our coordinator (Katarina) via email. She sent me a prescription for birth control pills and instructed me to start on my next cycle. I was able to fill that through a pharmacy in the U.K. It took about 4 or 5 days (after payment) to receive it. I just received an email from her this week informing me that she will send me the prep info so that I can get all my meds ordered in time. (EXCITING!!!)

Offline mattysmrs

modify
    « Reply #163 on: 14/07/17, 07:34 »
    Good luck ladies. September will be here in the blink of a eye!

Offline JRP2013

modify
    « Reply #164 on: 14/07/17, 16:57 »
    Thanks, mattysmrs!! Can't get here fast enough! :) ;)

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    « Reply #165 on: 15/07/17, 13:59 »
    Hi everyone,
    I am new here and I thinking on doing my first  IFV treatment at Zlin or Gennet. I have been  researching a lot about these clinic and I found this board here and I am hoping for more info/recommendation. ^pray^ ^pray^ I was  able to to speak with one of the coordinators  from Zlin via email and she has been very helpful, but I really want to have a Skype consultation with a doctor before committing to go  to Czech. She still hasn't come back to me saying if is possible. In regards to Gennet, I am still waiting for a response on my enquiry. So I am wondering if any of you were able to have a Skype consultation? Does anyone recommend a particular doctor/ clinic?
    I really want to try using my own eggs first, but when I went to Create Fertility (UK) for a consultation the  doctor  said I would have higher chances using a donor. My baby sister (27) has offered her eggs many times and I love her so much and I have a special  bound with her  since my mum came home with this tiny beautiful baby, because I was already 12 when she was born I remember so well when she was growing up and the thought of using her eggs is kind of growing on me. DH doesn't mind if we go straight away with her eggs but is not an easy decision. I feel so confused! :-\
    Any advise/recommendation would be much appreciated.
    Good luck to everyone! ^hugme^

Offline JRP2013

modify
    « Reply #166 on: 17/07/17, 15:27 »
    Hello ladies! I just got my plan/meds list from the clinic. As I've mentioned a couple of times before (sorry, im a little excited!  ;) ) we're going in September. Is it too early to get the meds if I'm supposed to start them then? I'm in the US and it takes a little extra time because of customs....but my BCP weren't held up long.
    Just curious how far in advance those of you who have already been through it got your meds. TIA!!

Offline JRP2013

modify
    « Reply #167 on: 17/07/17, 16:55 »
    Thanks, KitKat! I told the pharmacy I'd call them tomorrow....so I guess I will!!!

Offline Daisy Mae

modify
    « Reply #168 on: 17/07/17, 21:52 »
    Yes JRP2013 I'd definitely get the meds now so your ready to go. Hopefully you'll have time to have a lovely city break in Prague while your there.

Hi Mac78, I'm not sure but I think most people on this forum are being treated at Prague Fertility Centre. Sorry I don't know much about Zlin or Gennet but there might be a separate forum. You could always look into PFC. They did suggest that we could have a Skype consultation but it might depend on who your coordinator is as to what they suggest. Also I don't know what there policy is on using donor eggs from a relative but it won't hurt to ask. I would go with whichever clinic you feel the most comfortable with and the one that meets your individual needs. How lovely of your sister to offer to donate her eggs. I can understand your dilemma. Have you had an AMH test as that is usually what clinics use to predict the chance of success of using your own eggs. I have a low AMH so was given a 5% or lower rate so decided to go for donor eggs.

Welcome too lillie16, wow a month in Prague, that'll be a lovely long holiday.

Offline JRP2013

modify
    « Reply #169 on: 17/07/17, 23:02 »
    Thanks DaisyMae! We plan on spending about 2 weeks in Prague. My MIL is Czech (she passed away before my husband and I married so I never met her...but I know how much he  TOTALLY adored her) so I thought what could be better than to go visit his heritage AND maybe bring home our baby, too!!  ^pray^  ^pray^  ^pray^