* Author Topic: Prague fertility centre - General chat and cycling part 3  (Read 45817 times)

0 Members

Offline JRP2013

modify
Prague fertility centre - General chat and cycling part 3
« Reply #190 on: 25/07/17, 22:48 »
It's a BFN for me. I got the bw results back this afternoon. I'm sad but kind of knew it would be negative. Now I'm ready to move forward....need to get my cycle started! Hopefully I can get meds from my dr tomorrow.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Wishing14

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #191 on: 27/07/17, 20:17 »
    Hi all I don't really post but I am lurker !!! So I have just had my 6 DE transfer today. 3 with Gennette one MMC and this my 3rd with PFC one of which chemical. I have transferred one hatching blast which is great and 4frozen.  The only thing was I planned to transfer two both best quality embryos. So I went in and just about to have my embryo transferred the doctor says I only want to transfer one into you. Like literally as she was about to transfer I was like why what's wrong... she was like you are small which I am, your lining is so good blastocyte is such a high quality we don't want to risk multiple etc with two. So I get all of that but just the way it was done right at transfer!! TBH I was upset again just with the manner it was done but I know I have to park it and hope for the best.... anyone any advise was this bad manners of the doc??shoukd I be concerned on transferring one??

Offline mattysmrs

modify
    « Reply #192 on: 27/07/17, 21:28 »
    When did they say that to you? In your chat with the embryologist or as you went into the treatment room? If it was the latter then I'd say that was a bit out of order as in your chat with the embryologist you discuss and sign papers confirming how many you will transfer. I remember walking into the treatment room a few cycles back and having the same thing said to me, but as I'd already signed for 2 I made sure 2 were transferred. But after
    My recurrent implantation failure tests threw up a uterus problem I took their advice and on my last cycle transferred one hatching blast like yourself and got my Bfp. I think you have a great shot at a bfp and with one onboard you do carry less risks. Just think you have more chances left for siblings. Good luck.

Offline Wishing14

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #193 on: 27/07/17, 21:40 »
    Thank you for your reply I really appreciate that. Yes it was in the treatment room. Not at the initial consultation. I was just shocked this was not mentioned at consultation stage and not the treatment room. However if I get my bfp like you I won't be complaining. It was the timing for this discussion upset me... thanks again your post has cheered me up

Offline Wishing14

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #194 on: 28/07/17, 10:52 »
    Kit Kat yes i said it to the co ordinator she tried to reassure me of the positive factors and risks. I said I understand but the mannerism it was done was what annoyed me. I nearly start doubting was the embryo that good they have transferred did something happen the other embryo. Just daft ideas running in my mind. I guess I just have to park it and hope for the best...you give these people so much money effort travelling to Prague the hope and emotion wanting a child. Not to mention the meds into bodies u want top service. Small things like that can cause big annoyance because of the above

Offline Wishing14

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #195 on: 28/07/17, 11:29 »
    Thank you for your kind words kit Kat Fingers crossed for a positive outcome for us all!!  ^pray^

Offline marisse

modify
    « Reply #196 on: 28/07/17, 16:10 »
    Strange, Wishing. It's hard not to think the wildest thing about the clinic. They seem a bit unprofessional at times.
    On the other hand, I can image that a twin pregnancy can be risky when you have a small frame. If you see the drs remark in that light, then she was very professional,
    caring not only about the clinics success rates, but also on the period after conception!

I wish you luck! That goes for you too, Kitkat496! I'm excited for you!

Offline marisse

modify
    « Reply #197 on: 28/07/17, 16:21 »
    It's a BFN for me. I got the bw results back this afternoon. I'm sad but kind of knew it would be negative. Now I'm ready to move forward....need to get my cycle started! Hopefully I can get meds from my dr tomorrow.

I'm so sorry.
    I had my period today but I had some strange symptoms and my luteal phase lasted longer than usual, so the thought also crossed my mind....
    But no. Looking forward for my FET this cycle! Wishing you all the luck!

Offline JRP2013

modify
    « Reply #198 on: 28/07/17, 18:54 »

I'm so sorry.
    I had my period today but I had some strange symptoms and my luteal phase lasted longer than usual, so the thought also crossed my mind....

Thank you! And good luck to you!!

My period started the day AFTER I did the tests (wouldn't you know it!) I'm usually a 24 to 26 day cycle and the only times it has been REALLY off (like this) was when I was pregnant or had the persistent corpus luteum. So I thought MAYBE! But nope! Just when you have your mind set and are ready to move on to the next step, life happens!  ::)

I was able to start the BCP and we're still set for the original dates in September, so I'm happy about that!!

Offline marisse

modify
    « Reply #199 on: 30/07/17, 18:41 »

I'm so sorry.

Thank you! And good luck to you!!

My period started the day AFTER I did the tests (wouldn't you know it!) I'm usually a 24 to 26 day cycle and the only times it has been REALLY off (like this) was when I was pregnant or had the persistent corpus luteum. So I thought MAYBE! But nope! Just when you have your mind set and are ready to move on to the next step, life happens!  ::)

I was able to start the BCP and we're still set for the original dates in September, so I'm happy about that!!

I guess I will always have a little hope of conceiving naturally, even though I should know better.

Question for the girls who have had a FET.
    -Did you have to bring your partner? Lucie said to bring mine, since he needs to sign a consent form.
    -Did you have a transfer in the weekend? Since i'm doing a NC-FET transfer day could very well fall on a weekend day.