* Author Topic: Prague fertility centre - General chat and cycling part 3  (Read 43033 times)

0 Members

Offline marisse

modify
Prague fertility centre - General chat and cycling part 3
« Reply #220 on: 18/08/17, 17:41 »
Thanks Mwaris - day 16 still seems really early but I guess I will just have to wait and see. I always get frustrated when I don't understand what the underlying reason of things is. I do not naturally ovulate so there is no guidance from that...I will be on bc and then start estradiol when my period starts

If you haven't even had your lining check yet, then how can they say ET is cd16?
For cd16 to fall in the window of implantation they need to put you on progesterone as from cd10.
I *think* they assume that lining will be thick enough at cd9/cd10. They will put you on progesterone at cd10.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline marisse

modify
    « Reply #221 on: 18/08/17, 18:35 »
    I wonder how things are with Aliena. She is over 42 weeks today, according to her banner.
    Baby must be here already...
    Njr, how are things going with you and little one?
    klh80205: what about you? How are you feeling?You haven't updated your blog!
    Then there are Daisy Mae and Mattysmrs: everything's going well?

JRP2013: I'm going to Prague in september as well. Week of 11th. Do you have a plan already?

Offline marisse

modify
    « Reply #222 on: 18/08/17, 18:56 »
    Mwaris...I won't even have my scan until day 10 so I somehow think they are trying to avoid me having a transfer on that particular Monday without saying as much... no clue why.

I was also wondering about Aliena...I hope nothing horrible happened

So the transfer is planned on friday, cd16 and not on monday, cd19?
    I remember Aliena had a transfer as soon as cd16. As long as lining has been exposed to progesterone for 5 days before transfer you'll be fine.
    I'm sure Aliena is busy with life happening :P

Offline JRP2013

modify
    « Reply #223 on: 18/08/17, 19:49 »

JRP2013: I'm going to Prague in september as well. Week of 11th. Do you have a plan already?
    [/quote]

I do! YAY!! I'm on Microgynon now until August 31. Then on CD 2 of my next cycle (around September 4th)  I start Estrofem 2 mg x 3, Aspirin 100 mg x 1, and Prednisone 5 mg x 1. Then on September 15th I go for my scan. We leave on September 16th and HOPEFULLY EC will be September 18th. So I'll be about a week behind you. This is exciting and nerve-racking at the same time!!

Offline JRP2013

modify
    « Reply #224 on: 19/08/17, 00:06 »

JRP - I wanted to go on the 18th Sept but they told me to give it 2 months between, so now I am going or trying to go Oct 9th. Really this just means I am going on the pill for 5 weeks...not sure why 3 weeks was not enough but I am already such a pain in the a** patient/client that I decided not to fight this one.

I am on the same protocol as you JRP.

Ugh! I'm sorry you have to wait 2 months. I think I'd want to start right away, too.

I'm glad to hear of someone on the same protocol. I've read other blogs where the prednisone was a higher dose. Does anybody know why would that be?

Offline Twinkle toes 75

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #225 on: 19/08/17, 20:16 »
    Ladies just a wee reminder to say there's no need to quote the person your replying to on the thread x

Offline JRP2013

modify
    « Reply #226 on: 20/08/17, 18:29 »
    Hello ladies!

I have a question to ask and it might seem a little silly  ;D....

My husband and I are ADDICTED to Pepsi and Dr Pepper. We don't drink coffee in the mornings but instead he drinks Pepsi and I drink Dr Pepper. So, my silly question is...can we get either or both drinks in Prague?? (I will not be drinking any caffeine once I get a BFP...just FYI  :))

Offline mattysmrs

modify
    « Reply #227 on: 21/08/17, 15:53 »
    Not sure about the drinks JRP I'm sure you can. But I gave up caffeine months before cycling and switched to decaf tea/coffee and pop with out caffeine. Just in case you want to give it up before your bfp.

Offline JRP2013

modify
    « Reply #228 on: 21/08/17, 20:05 »
    Thanks mattysmrs! I've actually limited myself on the drinks since TTC. And for me the best part of a Dr Pepper is the very first drink.  ;D Then after that I can take it or leave it. And with my other two pregnancies (many moons ago) I didn't drink any caffeine. I was mainly wondering about the Pepsi for my husband...Pepsi is his coffee-substitute. Anyway, it was just a silly "hmmm...maybe somebody on here knows a little about this"-type question.   ;) ^idiot^

I have another question, though. I just realized that I am scheduled for my scan on CD 12 and because I have shorter cycles (24-26 days) and ovulate around CD 12, should I be concerned the endo won't be right for a transfer a week later? Or does taking the BC make my cycle longer and therefore that would make the timing right or better for a transfer a week later? I've also got an email into the clinic asking the same thing...just curious if any of you very knowledgeable ladies might know the answer.

Offline marisse

modify
    « Reply #229 on: 21/08/17, 20:28 »
    Twinkle toes 75: sorry I had no idea that quoting is not done on this forum! I find it very handy, but I won't do it anymore.

JRP2013: you won't ovulate that cycle since it's suppressed by the Estrofem that you will be taking. By overriding your own cycle the transfer can be planned to the day! If your lining is thick enough at scan day you will be put on progesterone soon after (the exact date depends on day of EC) and a few days later ET will take place (depends on age of embryo at ET day).

I know Pepsi is sold in Prague but no dr. Pepper.