* Author Topic: Prague fertility centre - General chat and cycling part 3  (Read 45741 times)

0 Members

Offline JRP2013

modify
Prague fertility centre - General chat and cycling part 3
« Reply #230 on: 21/08/17, 20:52 »
Thank you, mwaris!! That makes sense!! And my husband will be happy to hear that about the Pepsi!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline marisse

modify
    « Reply #231 on: 22/08/17, 18:50 »
    Sooo. I have booked a holiday, 9-16th of september. ET will be somewhere during this week.
    A fantastic house with a pool, sauna and whirlpool. Price around 600,- euros!!
    Located in the village Všestary, close by the city of Prague.
    Yes we are driving, it's 'only' a 925 km (575 mile) drive from our home.

Offline JRP2013

modify
    « Reply #232 on: 31/08/17, 22:07 »
    We have ours booked too! We'll be getting to Prague on the 17th. And hoping to have ET during that week.  ^pray^ I can't believe it's just a couple of weeks away!!  ^pray^ ^pray^

Offline mattysmrs

modify
    « Reply #233 on: 1/09/17, 20:29 »
    Aw it's a shame you'll only just miss each other mwaris and JRP. It'll soon be here! I'm excited for you both.

Offline Poppy41London

modify
    « Reply #234 on: 4/09/17, 12:47 »
    Hi all, I am starting to think about donor egg IVF and was told that Czech Republic is one of the better places to go in Europe. I just wondered those of you who are doing donor egg, what made you choose this clinic in particular and would you recommend it based on your experiences? Thanks.

Offline mattysmrs

modify
    « Reply #235 on: 4/09/17, 16:50 »
    I chose this clinic based on recommendations on previous PFC threads and on their communication. Emails are always answered promptly. Never had any waiting times. I've always told them when u want to cycle. It's so easy to get to, just a few stops on the metro from the centre of Prague. I also liked their guarantee program where u pay for 2 cycles and get the third free. The only downside for me is they are not diagnostic. I had issues that I had to seek help for in the uk but once they were sorted out I had more bfp the next cycle. Hope this helps. Good luck. 

Offline marisse

modify
    « Reply #236 on: 8/09/17, 15:25 »
    I'm excited as well. It has been a hectic few days.
    I was supposed to do a natural cycle, so no meds.
    I had u/s at cd 10, which showed a lining of 6 mm and a folli of 14mm.
    Went back at cd12 and lining was 10 mm, so great. But tech thought I had already ovulated, by the looks of the follicle that looked uneven.
    So I had bloodwork done to check if I had already ovulated. Sent the results to clinic and the told me to start progesterone supps at cd13, and
    go in for transfer at cd18.
    It all seems weird to me. I reckon tech was wrong and I didn't ovulate yet. And by starting the progesterone I will not ovulate at all.
    So now it's like a semi-medicated cycle. I'm a bit insecure about it. I don't really understand why I dont't have to take estrogen after transfer.
    Since ovaries aren't making any more now. I guess I will ask when I get there.

@Poppy41London: welcome! I made my choice for this clinic based on this thread! Ans I chose Czech for their prices and excellent clinics. And, also very important, because the appearance of the donors seems to match mine more as opposed to Spanish ones.

@JRP2013: I paid by bank transfer as well as by credit card at the clinic. No problems.

Offline JRP2013

modify
    « Reply #237 on: 12/09/17, 14:09 »
    Mwaris: GOOD LUCK to you this week!!  ^pray^ 🙏🏻

Offline marisse

modify
    « Reply #238 on: 13/09/17, 19:05 »
    So we had to transfer both frosties yesterday. I wanted a sET but the embryologist said that there was a risk that the other frostie wouldn't surveve a re-defrost. Since both had to be thawed (1 straw), I felt like I had to but them both back in. One was a hatching blasto and the other one a blasto. Chance of twins is 10% according to Veronika. Now wait. Feeling not too hopeful about it. This afternoon, about 24 hours after transfer, I found some light brown on my pantyliner. I'm not a bleeder. Didn't bleed with my son...
    Guess I can only wait.

JRP2013: my fingers are crossed!!! When is your transfer?

Offline marisse

modify
    « Reply #239 on: 13/09/17, 19:13 »
    Kitkat496: aiai that must be very frustrating. Silver lining is that the obstruction in your womb is probably the cause of the failed recent cycles. So you are not in the dark anymore. And it can be resolved! Do you have any timeline yet; for the operation and perhaps another go at PFC?