* Author Topic: Prague fertility centre - General chat and cycling part 3  (Read 43984 times)

0 Members

Offline klh80205

modify
Prague fertility centre - General chat and cycling part 3
« Reply #30 on: 13/12/16, 20:21 »
Haha. I love how simple you just made that sound. Just show up. If you only knew the struggles I was having in getting Mesa in the US. I ordered everything from fertility2u last time. It they can't send injections and I moved to a new state and have all new doctors who are being weird about prescribing mess. Sigh!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline njr_26

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #31 on: 14/12/16, 15:54 »
    It must be difficult getting stuff in the US.

I had my little girl today by c section due to my waters breaking 4 weeks ago. She weights 3lbs and is doing OK but is in NICU on a ventilator. Her name is Rosie Lillian.

Offline klh80205

modify
    « Reply #32 on: 17/12/16, 05:01 »
    NJR congratulations!!! What a beautiful name!

Ok so I have hit a wall and cannot get the meds. I can order everything from the U.K. Except the HCG shot that they want me to take and the progesterone shots. The U.K. Cannot sent needles. (Yes I do progesterone shots in addition to the progesterone inserts). Has anyone else had this issue?

Also, I am trying to book tickets and they keep saying that it's tough to give dates because we won't know until the ultrasound what my lining looks like. On your Frozen Embryo Transfers, how long after the ultrasound did you wait? Did anyone have lining issues? If so, what did they do? Did you have to cancel the cycle? Also did anyone have to do anything because they had follicles growing or were about to ovulate?

Offline aliena

modify
    « Reply #33 on: 17/12/16, 11:36 »
    NJR, congratulations on your little girl with that lovely name  ^hugme^ Bet you would have wanted her to stay longer in your tummy. But she's good cared for now  ^hugme^ Is she doing OK? Sending you a huge pack of energy and love  ^hugme^

@klh: I always did it my way. First CD I just looked up a date that would fit me and would allow my lining to grow enough. For me that was between CD 19 and 25 and booked a flight that was most suitable for me within that timeframe. Had I waited until PFC told me I could book it would have made 100% higher costs if not more because of their very short notice. If you never did an artificial cycle you would maybe really wait what your lining scan shows, but for me that was never necessary. Lucie always scalded me for booking my flights without their "go ahead" but it always worked out perfectly... Even more though if you plan to stay for more than one day (I always flew in in the morning and back in the evening).

Offline klh80205

modify
    « Reply #34 on: 17/12/16, 13:51 »
    Aliena, thank you so much. I'm a little more confused now. They told me it was ok to book my flights because my transfer would likely be between calendar day 16 and 18. But yours was 19 to 25? That's quite a difference! After your ultrasound did they often change your medicines? If so, how? They said I may have to take and HCG shot depending on my lining but that's all they've said.

Offline marisse

modify
    « Reply #35 on: 19/12/16, 18:42 »
    klh, I had a fresh transfer at cd21. At cd10 my ling was already at 11mm...
    njr! Many congrats. I hope you and your little one are all right!

Offline willclementine

modify
    « Reply #36 on: 20/12/16, 05:31 »
    Congratulations, NJR! I hope that she recovers quickly and that she is home soon. Best of luck to your new family!

Offline klh80205

modify
    « Reply #37 on: 23/12/16, 21:21 »
    In case anyone needs a festive, holiday egg donor cycle song, please check out my latest blog. Happy holidays!https://realityczechs.wordpress.com

Offline k888tey

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #38 on: 28/12/16, 13:55 »
    Hi there

We are considering ED and travelling to PFC in the new year for treatment. I am a little confused at their guarantee system. Can anyone explain to me?!?

Thanks x

Offline aliena

modify
    « Reply #39 on: 28/12/16, 16:28 »
    Welcome k888tey  ^hugme^

Their guarantee program has two steps. First gives you at least two transfers for 5.300 EUR (300 extra if double donation). That is: if your fresh cycle gives you at least 4 good embryos nothing would happen. But if you get only 3 or less and want to do another transfer (for a sibling or if the first didn't work) they find a new donor, stim her and do a fresh cycle with her where you at least get one transfer - I could never figure out, if you get all eggs from that cycle or only a few to make sure a transfer would be possible... For that second transfer you pay only a FET fee of 900.

Step 2: You pay 6000 EUR (300 extra if double donation) for your cycle. It includes the FET guarantee above plus a third fresh cycle (+ one FET transfer) for free, if none of the previous transfers result in a successful (heartbeat positive) pregnancy.