* Author Topic: Prague fertility centre - General chat and cycling part 3  (Read 43487 times)

0 Members

Offline Daisy Mae

modify
Prague fertility centre - General chat and cycling part 3
« Reply #50 on: 24/01/17, 22:23 »
Sorry for the lack of personals but I haven't been on here for a long time so need to catch up. Can anyone tell me how I can get hold of Cycloprogynova in the UK. PFC have sent me a prescription but I'm not sure what we can do with it.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline njr_26

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #51 on: 25/01/17, 10:48 »
    Hi Daisy, I think this is just oestrogen and Ali'so Chemist in Shadwell can send you some.

Offline Daisy Mae

modify
    « Reply #52 on: 25/01/17, 10:55 »
    Thank you njr26 and huge congratulations on the birth of your lovely daughter. So happy for you all. xxx

Offline klh80205

modify
    « Reply #53 on: 25/01/17, 19:06 »
    Thank you! We transferred to embryos yesterday. One was not as good of quality as the other but I am remaining hopeful. Latest blog post is here if you want to follow our journey: https://realityczechs.wordpress.com/2017/01/24/grandma-could-i-possibly-borrow-your-panties/

Wishing everyone luck!

Offline Daisy Mae

modify
    « Reply #54 on: 25/01/17, 21:33 »
    Thank you kitkat. I have some Estrofem but they advised me not to take that but didn't say why. It's taken sometime to get this far, they seem to have lots of new rules and requests for tests before they'll even accept you now. I'm hoping to be back at the end of Feb/beginning March.

Everything crossed for you klh and anyone else who has just had a transfer.

DM x

Offline k888tey

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #55 on: 26/01/17, 18:42 »
    Good luck klh everything crossed for you. (Would love the details of your acupuncturist if you don't mind!)

We are heading out on the 19th Feb for the consultation. Karolina mentioned that we could buy the drugs from them and take them home with us. (Not huge amounts as we are doing egg donation)
    Is this the cheapest way to do it?

X

Offline marisse

modify
    « Reply #56 on: 27/01/17, 13:31 »
    Sorry for the lack of personals but I haven't been on here for a long time so need to catch up. Can anyone tell me how I can get hold of Cycloprogynova in the UK. PFC have sent me a prescription but I'm not sure what we can do with it.

This seems to be a form of hormone replacement therapy (hrt). It contains estradiol and norgestrel, a progestin. Not sure why they prescribed this?! I have used Estrofem.

Thank you! We transferred to embryos yesterday. One was not as good of quality as the other but I am remaining hopeful. Latest blog post is here if you want to follow our journey: https://realityczechs.wordpress.com/2017/01/24/grandma-could-i-possibly-borrow-your-panties/

Wishing everyone luck!

Iíve read your blog. In fact, I have read all of your blogs. They are all beautifully written! I can relate to your posts so much. I find it strange that they froze your embryos together in a straw. They did that with my two left over embryoís as well. I feel as if this is reducing my chances for a sibling for my lo.
    But, youíve got a good chance this will work. After all the embryoís are from the same successful batch. Iím so excited for you. Iím keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Offline marisse

modify
    « Reply #57 on: 27/01/17, 13:34 »
    Quick question.
    I have frozen embryos. They were frozen 11th of january 2016.
    Aren't we supposed to pay for prolonging storage with a year? I haven't received an invoice yet?

Offline marisse

modify
    « Reply #58 on: 27/01/17, 17:18 »
    mwaris....they are pretty relaxed about it. I asked at some point whether they wanted my money and they said, oh yes, sure...I don't think they would have remembered but I was worried about them destroying the embryos so I decided to ask...

Thanks for replying!
    Haha, the exact same thought crossed my mind: I don't want to wake up a sleeping dog but I have to ask, because they might destroy the embies!!!
    Especially because they did ask us if we wanted to keep dh's sperm frozen for another year.

They had also frozen our 3 embryos together which I was annoyed by as I only wanted to do a SET....so we "lost" any additional chance for another SET. This is why we are going now for a new donor. The cynical me says they did it on purpose but the nice me says that there are probably medical reasons for it?

So you had an fSET? Wasn't it possible to refreeze the other two embryos? I read your previous post about your FET experience. What a bummer, I'm so sorry.
    My embies were frozen in morula stage. That might make them better suitable to refreeze. I guess I will find out when I find out.
    Lo is only 16 weeks so not ready to start for another baby yet!

Offline Daisy Mae

modify
    « Reply #59 on: 27/01/17, 21:35 »
    Kitkat and mwaris, yes we were in the same boat with 1 embryo frozen since 2013 without us having to pay any extra. They still have it (but the quality is poor) along with a sperm sample. I've no idea why they want me to take CycloProgynova and specifically advised me not to take Estrofem. I took that all the times before so I've no idea why they've changed things now. I didn't know that you could ask for your previous donor so I will broach the subject.
    Thanks,
    Daisy x