* Author Topic: Prague fertility centre - General chat and cycling part 3  (Read 45348 times)

0 Members

Offline klh80205

modify
Prague fertility centre - General chat and cycling part 3
« Reply #60 on: 27/01/17, 21:41 »
Thanks everyone. I've had several people ask recently about my acupuncturist in Prague. Her name is Hana and the best way to reach her is email:[email protected]

Hana is great and she comes to your hotel or apartment.

They can refreeze if the quality is ok, so I wouldn't worry about them freezing multiple in the same straw.

What I want to know is has anyone got pregnant from the frozen transfers? I don't see a lot of that.

Also, how many embryos did everyone get? We got 4 and want to use the same donor again if she is willing to donate (and if we need to) but felt like 4 want very many. That being said we want a genetic match to our son if possible.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Daisy Mae

modify
    « Reply #61 on: 27/01/17, 21:41 »
    Good luck klh everything crossed for you. (Would love the details of your acupuncturist if you don't mind!)

We are heading out on the 19th Feb for the consultation. Karolina mentioned that we could buy the drugs from them and take them home with us. (Not huge amounts as we are doing egg donation)
    Is this the cheapest way to do it?

X

As far as I know it is a lot cheaper to buy your meds out there, or at least it was 3 years ago. Even with egg donation you need a fair few meds so try to get as much as you can k888tey!

Offline Daisy Mae

modify
    « Reply #62 on: 27/01/17, 21:44 »
    We got 4 both times as well klh, my DD came from a frozen transfer (4th time lucky)!

Offline marisse

modify
    « Reply #63 on: 28/01/17, 09:36 »
    Thanks everyone. I've had several people ask recently about my acupuncturist in Prague. Her name is Hana and the best way to reach her is email:[email protected]

Hana is great and she comes to your hotel or apartment.

They can refreeze if the quality is ok, so I wouldn't worry about them freezing multiple in the same straw.

What I want to know is has anyone got pregnant from the frozen transfers? I don't see a lot of that.

Also, how many embryos did everyone get? We got 4 and want to use the same donor again if she is willing to donate (and if we need to) but felt like 4 want very many. That being said we want a genetic match to our son if possible.

We also had 4 embryos. Two morulas were put back and the other two were frozen. They stimulate the donors very mildly. They aim for 8-10 eggs.

Offline marisse

modify
    « Reply #64 on: 28/01/17, 09:40 »
    Good luck klh everything crossed for you. (Would love the details of your acupuncturist if you don't mind!)

We are heading out on the 19th Feb for the consultation. Karolina mentioned that we could buy the drugs from them and take them home with us. (Not huge amounts as we are doing egg donation)
    Is this the cheapest way to do it?

X

As far as I know it is a lot cheaper to buy your meds out there, or at least it was 3 years ago. Even with egg donation you need a fair few meds so try to get as much as you can k888tey!

Second that! In the Netherlands the estrogen and progesterone supps are way more expensive!
    Plus it's a headache to get the meds here. Pharmacies don't accept foreign prescriptions easily, so you would have to go to a doctor and have him/her write out a prescription.

Offline marisse

modify
    « Reply #65 on: 28/01/17, 09:48 »
    Kitkat and mwaris, yes we were in the same boat with 1 embryo frozen since 2013 without us having to pay any extra. They still have it (but the quality is poor) along with a sperm sample. I've no idea why they want me to take CycloProgynova and specifically advised me not to take Estrofem. I took that all the times before so I've no idea why they've changed things now. I didn't know that you could ask for your previous donor so I will broach the subject.
    Thanks,
    Daisy x

Are you going to put the frozen embie back? Or are you starting up a new fresh cycle?

Offline Daisy Mae

modify
    « Reply #66 on: 28/01/17, 20:44 »
    We're doing both, one frozen (poorer quality) embryo from one of our original donors and one from the new donor. If I do get pregnant then will be a bit strange not to know who the actual biological mother is, but that's a problem I can deal with!

Offline Daisy Mae

modify
    « Reply #67 on: 29/01/17, 22:42 »
    No we used up our transfers in the guarantee programme so have to start again. The one that is left is from the first donor where we had 5 embryos but no successful pregnancies (my LO was from a FET from our 2nd donor). I'm sure you made the right decision. If it was bad quality then it probably wouldn't have developed any further and may have given you false hope that it would be OK. To be honest, I don't think there is much of a chance with my embryo which is why they are advising me to combine it with a new one. Trouble is you can't help but be optimistic and that only leads to heartbreak further on down the line.

Take care everyone,
    DM x

Offline lakeside3

• Un-Ranked
    Klh, I am currently 33 weeks pregnant with twins from my FET; my fresh cycle didn't work.  I got a total of 6 embryos.  Best of luck with your upcoming cycle!

Offline klh80205

Sadly it's a BFN for me.

Lakeside, congratulations! That's wonderful news.

So here is what we are struggling w now. Our donor was a proven donor when she donated two years ago. She is now two years older. She only produced 5 good eggs and 3 good embryos. Only one of those embryos was truly great quality. So IF she will donate again, do we use her or start fresh with a new donor. The benefit of using her again would be that our baby boy would have a genetic sibling. We are pretty sure she is unwilling to donate, but if she is, what would you do?