* Author Topic: Prague fertility centre - General chat and cycling part 3  (Read 45240 times)

0 Members

Offline Twinkle toes 75

• Volunteer
 ^hello^ ladies, here is your new home, happy chatting  :)
I'd just like to introduce myself as your new moderator as Bundles is hanging up her moderator hat and I'm taking over (no pressure!)
Please to be kind to each other and to me and if I can do anything to help then just holler.
Wishing everyone lots of luck and baby dust on their journey
Love twinkle xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline BubbleChiu

Hi ladies,

Another new thread - Maybe this will be the lucky one for me!!!

So 28th Oct would have been my due date had attempt number 5 stayed stuck - and I had been allowing myself time to grieve and wallow a little up to this date. It was a psychological barrier I needed to get passed and with the help of family and friends I am looking forward to preparing for our next/last attempt! FLIGHTS BOOKED for April, so plenty of time to get ready, physically, mentally and emotionally. This will be our last attempt, and whilst I have had some lovely touching private messages from people I have met along this journey, telling me not to give up, I am ready for it to be over. We are discussing adoption and feel that we want to give that a try if our last shot doesn't work. (but it will work - our little Frosties are sitting patiently waiting for their mummy and daddy  to collect them and take the home!) ^smlove^

Hope everyone has been well and that your having an uneventful pregnancy NJR!

Lots of love and baby dust to all,

Bubble!
    X

Offline belfastgirl

Hey everyone

Just logging in to see what has been happening with you all.

Big congrats njr so pleased for you!
    Good luck everyone that will be cycling soon, I hope it's your time.

Much love x

Offline boxfish

Despite of our last cycle ongoing we are preparing for ending our 11 years of TTCing now. No hope left for any other outcome then bfn or M/C. It's sad but true.

My donor has her scan this Friday. I won't go. Just tell them my lining has the same dates as always (it really is always the same and I have no desire to pay 150EUR again to find that out for the ninth time yet  :-\  ). Just got my new immune results back: everything is completely normal  ^idiot^ So no Intralipids, no IVIG, no cortisone. Just neupogen for my missing KIR und clexane for my BG issues - that's it. Feels weird, to say the least, but maybe...?

Offline njr_26

• Gold Member
    Aliena, best of luck for your next transfer. I really hope that this will work for you. Sometimes a new donor makes the difference. Sometimes not expecting it to work can mean you are more relaxed.

Hi to Bubble, Kitakt and Belfastgirl.

Everything is fine with me.

Offline boxfish

That's nice to hear njr  ^hugme^

My transfer was yesterday. Got two beautiful 8-cell embryos. I'll get an update today how many of the remaining 7 made it to morula stage to be frozen. I wanted them to be frozen as blastocysts but the embryologist (a new one I've never seen before, a very kind and outgoing person) told me, it would be better to freeze at morula stage and give them a longer time between thaw and transfer after... So I agreed to it. Today I'm a bit unsure whether that was a good decision  ^idiot^ We'll it's most propably done by now...

All looked good yesterday. Lining was nice, not too thick but of a nice and even structure (don't know if you remember my issues with cracks in the lining - very weird - but seems I solved it with using a small dose of menopur along my normal estrogen treatment  ^clapping^  )

Despite of all looking good (my third donor did very well, as the other two did, though) I'm pretty convinced it won't work this time again. Why should it?

We did a lot things different this time. Before I did transfer mostly at blastocyst stage, twice at morula stage (one MC after that). Now it's day 3 at least for that fresh transfer; we had embryo monitoring and did hatching with that thinning method (LAZT); we did no Embryogen this time; I had no Intralipids (my last test came back normal and even showed an immune activity on the very low side). I would of course retest immediately if I'd get pregnant this time...; also I'll keep my steroids as low and short as possible, no intake for weeks. Just started it yesterday with a high dose of 4mg dexamethasone, 3mg today, 2mg tomorrow for another 4 days and then I'll stop them completely. I'm not sure if I'm going to do a small dose of immunglobulines. Maybe 2g on Sunday and another 2g if test would show a line 11dp3dt? But really not sure yet. I have Hizentra at home which is made to self administer subcutaneously...
    Started a low dose of Clexane 4 days ago (instead of CD 1), no aspirin this time at all. But because of my missing KIR factors started Neupogen yesterday and have it daily until I'll test.

I asked the embryologist what her opinion was why it wouldn't work for me. She said, all embryos looked good, all donors were proven and did very well. The only factor she could think of would be my partners sperm. Despite a quite normal count and motility and despite using MACS and P-ICSI it could be sperm was an issue all the time. As for my husband using donor sperm is out of discussion there's nothing else we can do to help it. Surrogacy might solve it if it's really me or my uterus but I don't know if I would want to go that route  ^idiot^ I'm totally fine with baby hasn't my genes, but not carrying it myself?

Offline boxfish

I'm very very sorry, kitkat  ^hugme^

Yeah I've heard of it quite often indeed. If she didn't donate two other couples in the meantime there might be a good chance she would do it again. Fingers crossed she will  ^pray^

Offline njr_26

• Gold Member
    Aliena, hope this will be the one that works for you.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Perhaps as you are not expecting it to work it will as you are not testing all the time and maybe a little less stressed.

Kitkat, so sorry it didn't work for you this time.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ My donor did donate a second time but unfortunately it didn't work.

Everything is fine here.  :)

Offline marisse

@Kitkat496: I'm so sorry it didn't work out.
    I'm kind of in the same situation. We had succes first try, and we have two frozen morulas.
    That's not much. I really want to use our donor again if the FET cycles fail.
    Have you received an answer yet? Can you use the same donor?

@Aliena: I have my fingers crossed for you. I'm puzzled as to why it hasn't worked so far. You have been pregnant before so your uterus is receptive. The eggs are very young and the donors are proven. A sperm problem is also unlikely: you have conceived before!

Offline marisse

Question: how much did you pay for frozen embryo storage? We had the KET guaranteed program which cost euro 6.000,-.
    It includes vitrification of spare embryos. But what happens after one year? Do we have to pay a storage fee?
    I can't figure it out from the price list on the website...