* Author Topic: Not possible to buy progesterone for injection in the UK anymore?  (Read 3310 times)

0 Members

Offline June2015

Hi Loumia,

I get prontogest from healthcare at home.  I'm not sure if your doctor wants you taking that specific progesterone injection, but you could ask him, then call HAH and ask if they will despatch the drugs to you.

Hope you find a solution

X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement
    Try www.fertility2u.com
    Call them and ask if they can sell you, but if they accept, they will transcribe your prescription for a fee.

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Offline Sarah UK

• Un-Ranked
    Sarah613 - when was your most recent cycle? Is that the same as gestone/lubion.

X
    I last used lentogest a year ago. Previously I used prontogest. Both are a form of progesterone in oil. I don't know if it's the same as gestone or Lubion.

Offline kittykat76

• Gold Member
    I use prontogest and get it from NVS Pharmacy in Baker Street,they always have it in stock so maybe you could ask you Dr to write a script for that instead?

Offline Loumia

• Un-Ranked
    Thanks you to all of you for your very helpfull answers - especially June2015 andHope1307, your info made all the difference!  :)

I have looked in the direction of Prontogest instead and finally found a pharmacy that actually stocks it - I have a prescription from at british clinic and my hubby is flying over to bring back the meds. Couldnt have managed without your help so THANKS all!!  :) :) :) Hopefully we'll have a bit of luck in our next IVF cycle after all these disappointments  ^pray^

Offline Talkingfrog

• Gold Member
    Glad to hear you have managed to get done.   Good luck with your cycle. 

Offline GirlFullofHope

Hello and sorry you are having the extra stress. I had trouble getting it twice, once managed but next time all Gestone seemed to have gone. Instead I used Protogest and that seemed to be fine to get. The instructions were not in English but I managed! Good luck with it. X