* Author Topic: Treatment in Sailsbury General Chat - Part 4  (Read 9210 times)

0 Members

Offline shanklygates77

modify
Treatment in Sailsbury General Chat - Part 4
« Reply #120 on: 31/01/17, 10:49 »
Hello lovely,
Great to hear from you.
Yes - time is suddenly flying by.  31 weeks tomorrow so very much on the home (aka panic) straight!  It still hasn't sunk in and I asked people at NCT last week if they too struggled to believe they were actually pregnant.  A few looked at me and my very prominent bump a little bemused but one or two (who may have struggled to conceive too) nodded along. 

April might be a good marker for you and will soon be here.  OH and I looked into costs as we were considering options should this round not have worked.  Think the frostie option worked out about 1500 and the fresh cycle (ICSI for us) would be about 5-6000.  I could be wrong though and Salisbury will be able to give you the info.  You have some frosties left in storage don't you?

We still have 2 and I have started talking to OH about what we do with those.  He is very much of the mindset that if this all works and baby is OK etc that we just count our blessings for the one child we never thought we would have and leave it there.  I am tempted to talk about trying again with the frosties that are left and then calling it a day.  All massively premature as a conversation but definitely not something we agree on as yet.  We both definitely know how lucky we are. I worry all the time about something going wrong because we are so happy and lucky that I am sure something will have to go wrong.  I went into Dorchester last week as baby went quiet for a bit.  Of course within 20 minutes of me being strapped up to the monitor and finding his heartbeat he started kicking to prove me a fraud and didn't stop all that evening!!

I really hope you are doing OK.  Time does make things get easier and you will have your good news again and it will all go well next time.  :)
xxxx

Hope all the January Salisbury people are doing OK?
xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Rachy225

modify
    « Reply #121 on: 24/03/17, 08:49 »
    Hey lovely just wanted to touch base to see how you were getting on and if there's any sign of little man yet?? Not long until your due date!!

We've paid for another years storage of our embies so at least that's paid for, we've booked a cruise in may so going to go and enjoy ourselves and then start our next cycle I think when we get back.

Xxxx

Offline shanklygates77

modify
    « Reply #122 on: 28/03/17, 15:16 »
    Hello
    Spooky timing. He arrived on Thursday. We had a few issues with a low lying placenta and some bleeding at 33 weeks and so was booked in for all sorts of bed rest and an early c-section. After things calmed down I was taken off high risk and c-section was moved to 38 weeks.
    Little man (Henry Andrew) arrived 9:50am on Thursday 23rd and was 7lb exactly. He was taken to special care after a few hours because he was struggling to breathe.  Once I was allowed up late that evening I was able to see him but seeing your baby covered in wires in an incubator has to be a special form of torture.

He's a strong little boy though and was off the respirator the following morning and one by one all the remaining tubes and wires were removed and in the end he was ready for discharge before me. :-).

We got home on Saturday and today I can finally say I feel like Emma again. Five hours sleep last night helped. ;-).
    His name is Henry Andrew and I think he's the most perfect thing I've ever seen.

Having said this-a cruise!!  So jealous.
    We need to look into paying for our embies. Thanks for the reminder. Kev and I are thinking we may leave it there now we have one perfect little one as we know how lucky we are. Having said that I'm not ready to lose our two little embryos.
    Let me know about your next cycle and also about your cruise. Where are you going for it?
    xxxx

Offline Rachy225

modify
    « Reply #123 on: 29/03/17, 08:47 »
    Hey hun! Congratulations!!!! That's amazing news, good weight and cute name!!

Sounds like there were a couple of issues towards the end but am so glad that everything went well and you're all home now. Make the most of Kev being home and enjoy every minute :)

Yeah I know what you mean with the embryo but you've got to do what's best for you all.

We're going on a Mediterranean cruise so Majorca, Barcelona, Italy and Corsica. Can't wait am so excited for it.

Take care xxxxx