* Author Topic: Poor responder??  (Read 346 times)

0 Members

Offline HOPEx

• hoping & praying one day i will be a mummy
modify
Poor responder??
« on: 26/11/16, 16:50 »
Hi everyone..

I need some positive stories xx

So my first cycle of Icsi I was on long protocol 150 menopur. I was put on low does as my amh was good, they said it was that of a 30yr old
After 7 days of menopur my scan showed only 1 big 23mm follicule.. that was it
So my cycle was cancelled, my consultant was shocked I didn't respond & has no idea why this happened.
I stayed on buserelin & had norethisterone to try and get rid of this big follicule.. I had a scan after my withdraw bleed but the follicule was still there !!?? But they were happy for me to start the 2nd cycle..
I'm now on my second go, 300 menopur this time...I'm just praying this will work xx

I was so positive but since this happened I feel so low

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Sonneblume

modify
    Poor responder??
    « Reply #1 on: 27/11/16, 00:53 »
    Hi Hope, Sorry about your cancelled cycle.  I don't know why your cycle was cancelled often some older women only have one or two embryos. 23mm was a good size especially if the lining was good?. It may that the lining was an issue for transfer. Short/ mini IVF protocols are good approach for some women . There is a saying used, especially on FF quality rather than quantity.
    I hope this one is successful  :)

Offline HOPEx

• hoping & praying one day i will be a mummy
    modify
    Poor responder??
    « Reply #2 on: 27/11/16, 16:37 »
    Thank you sonneblume...

My lining was 9mm .. .. it was definately the big follicule that caused the cycle to be cancelled. My amh is 20.5 which they said is that of a 30yr & im 40yrs old, so they are perplexed that I didn't respond to the menopur..

I'm on my second round of 300iu menopur this time, was 150iu last time.
    . So trying again with double dose even through that big follicule is still there!?! . I just hope it doesn't grow bigger and bigger and stop any others from growing... I know the bcrm know what thre doing but it just worries me soooo much!!!