* Author Topic: in a panic  (Read 2909 times)

0 Members

Offline KLconfused

• Gold Member
modify
in a panic
« Reply #10 on: 3/12/16, 18:49 »
cherry - was your son OK in the end?

Thanks everyone for your sensible words. Its really helped. Id much rather there was a problem with me than my little boy.
The GP was reassuring but i know what its like to be fobbed off only to get bad news later on. I guess we all do as thats how we end up doing IVF. The HV just set me in a right tizz saying he wasnt premature. I am struggling and think i need to see the GP for me. I just feel like its all a bit of a disaster at the moment. Ive been through tough times before and come out of them and been fine so i will again. Its just not what i hoped for for the early days with baby 2.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mercury

modify
    in a panic
    « Reply #11 on: 3/12/16, 19:35 »
    Hi again KL, it definitely sounds like a good idea to talk to someone you trust about how you're feeling. In my experience screening for postnatal depression isn't as good as it could be, but if you raise it yourself it would be taken seriously. Even if it's just having someone to discuss things with and them recognising your anxieties need to be dealt with properly in these early weeks and months.

As far as the hearing goes there's a newborn screening programme now so his hearing should have been checked already. Have a look on p27 of his red book xx

Offline Cherry Tree

• Chat Host
    modify
    in a panic
    « Reply #12 on: 4/12/16, 21:30 »
    Hi KLconfused, I'm really pleased to hear you are thinking of going to the GP because as Mercury said, even if it's just to have someone to discuss things with. I had a lot of anxieties when my DS was a baby and it really helped me to have someone to talk to. My son was fine in the end hun.

As you said you will get through this and just remember to keep talking  ^hugme^   ^hugme^

Offline Teeinparis

• Gold Member
    modify
    in a panic
    « Reply #13 on: 5/12/16, 07:28 »
    Okay - the home visitor is crap!  He is premature.   Pre-term term is 37 weeks.  Term 39 weeks and post term term 41.   Before 37 is def premature.