* Author Topic: St Mary's Manchester part 4  (Read 12137 times)

0 Members

Offline wibble-wobble

• Volunteer
modify
St Mary's Manchester part 4
« on: 16/12/16, 18:46 »

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 17/12/16, 00:10 »
    Hello!!!

Offline Max 2012

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 18/12/16, 21:46 »
    Yes think I will look in look into that Natalie.  Thanks. Good luck with your transfer next week  What date is it planned for?

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 18/12/16, 22:26 »
    Wednesday xx

Offline tinkerbell78

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 19/12/16, 17:00 »
    Good luck nat, got anything crossed for you x

Offline tinkerbell78

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 19/12/16, 17:01 »
    Everything!!

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 19/12/16, 22:55 »
    Thank you xx

Offline Max 2012

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 19/12/16, 23:12 »
    Aww really hoping this is the one for you Nat. Good luck!

Hi Tinkerbell,  how are you doing?

I've just spent the past half an hour trying to figure out how to change the language back to English from German on my tablet!  The little monkey has been on it earlier and appers to have changed all the settings lol.

Offline tinkerbell78

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 20/12/16, 09:43 »
    Hi max I'm doing good thanks. Little boy is nearly 13 months, how did that happen 😱

Offline Eilidh15

modify
    « Reply #9 on: 21/12/16, 10:12 »
    Hello ladies, sorry I've been AWOL recently after posting last. I'll bore you all with a bit of our past so far.

So, we've been TTC for 5 1/2 years now, unfortunately I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis at 18 (now 22) at Tameside hospital, was referred to Oldham hospital to have endo removed where they discovered that not only did I have stage 4 endo I also had a large dermoid cyst attached to my right ovary and tube, had surgery to remove the cyst but unfortunately lost my ovary and tube in the process when I was 20. After 2ND surgery I was referred to Saint Mary's for IVF but was declined based on my age - this happened 2 more times. We were accepted at Saint Mary's based on having egg freezing until I turned 23 1/2 which was the youngest we could be accepted at Saint Mary's. Thankfully the DR said she wanted to put an appeal in place to allow us to be accepted with exceptional funding. Finally we won our appeal in December last year and I had another op this January to clip my remaining tube as I have hydrosalpinx! We also found out that my hormones are all over the place to which doesn't help. Unfortunately the DR couldn't clip my tube as I had to much scar tissue in the way. We then started our 1st cycle in March and I had the 3 month prostap injection which was AWFUL!! We started stims in June and I stimulated for 17 days, only retrieved 2 eggs out of 7 follicles. Both luckily were mature for ICSI and had both put back on a day 2 transfer. We found out on July 18Th that it didn't work and we lost our little twin embies.

Currently waiting at the minute to decide on what we want to do next, Saint Mary's (I feel) are pushing egg donation on me and although I know it's an option I'm struggling with the fact that I might never have my own biological child. It's obviously a massive deal and a decision that can't be made over night. We have also thought about transferring over to Care Fertility in Manchester as it has higher success rates and they take more of a 'risk/chance' to give you your own biological child.

That's where we are at right now. Sorry for the essay ladies!

Eilidh xx