* Author Topic: St Mary's Manchester part 4  (Read 12098 times)

0 Members

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member
modify
St Mary's Manchester part 4
« Reply #20 on: 21/12/16, 19:04 »
I've had two fresh cycles and this is my 3rd FET

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Max 2012

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #21 on: 21/12/16, 23:31 »
    Evening ladies

Just been reading your posts. Really pleased that everything went to plan for you today nat.

Like you Eilidh we are currently considering going to care for our next cycle.  We are at the stage of having to pay now as we had success on our first cycle.  This next one will be our third and last try so like nat we plan to throw everything at it and we are going to give the accupuncture a try too.

Care are more expensive than st marys and we have frozen sperm at st marys which as it was frozen at the time we had treatment under nhs, we haven't had to pay storage costs.  Therefore if we move we will have to pay to have it stored at care which is a few hundred pounds a year. I think because we have also had successful treatment with st marys then we feel like we want to stay with them. Although because our last round was quite the opposite of our first round in terms of results then I feel its time to move on to a new clinic.

I really don't know what to do for the best. Thinking we might pay to have a meeting at care when we are ready, to see what they can offer us that st marys can't.  In our case its male factor and very poor sperm quality and quantity.

Do care offer treatment on weekends too? As in in egg collection and frozen transfers?  This could also be a deciding factor for us as we have had numerous cycles cancelled due to timings falling on a weekend.

We are not in a position to start again yet as we still have quite a bit more money to save, so will have to look into it a bit more over the next few months.

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #22 on: 22/12/16, 03:18 »
    Hi Max,

From what I believe they do offer them at weekends. Rather than paying to see them, go along to one of their free info events as they have time at the end for you to have 1-1s with members of their team plus we got a voucher for a free consultation. that's what we went to and they won us over. x

Offline Max 2012

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #23 on: 23/12/16, 23:50 »
    Thanks for the tip nat, will maybe look out for the events coming up on their website then.

Offline Eilidh15

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 4/01/17, 12:13 »
    Hi ladies, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year - let's hope that 2017 is the year for many of us.

We are currently waiting to hear back from my GP do see whether or not she has actually contacted the CCG to get my NHS funding moved from Saint Mary's to Care. We are also waiting to get our notes back to, which I was told can take up to 40 days! It's a long process but I know that Care are willing to take more 'risks' with our situation.

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #25 on: 5/01/17, 05:44 »
    Least it's all moving in the right direction xxxx

I'm waiting for my follow up consultation with care as my cycle sadly resulted in a BFN, I came down with norovirus the day after transfer and was so poorly all over Xmas so wasn't surprised!! Onwards and upwards to my first fresh cycle in 3  years and seeing how much my fertility has deteriorated in the 5 years since my initial tests 😂😂😂

Offline Max 2012

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #26 on: 6/01/17, 00:25 »
    Aww so sorry to hear that nat. Really was hoping that this was your time. We are now in discussion as to whether we will have another round now. I'm finding it hard to justify 6,000 that will take 8 months for us to save when the odds are so slim. Do we spend it on a round of treatment with such low odds or do we spend it on the miracle that we already have. To be honest its been really nice this past 12 months not having to think about treatment.  We have had some lovely holidays and would love some more of the nice memories we have had. I got rid of most of the baby things we had out of the loft this week as my niece is expecting next month. I think I needed to really to help me move on. Thought I had made my decision and then a girl at work who had successful ivf a couple of years ago announced her second pregnancy and it was a total natural suprise and then it brought it all back home again how much I would love a sibling for max. I'm really pleased for her as I know she had to go through what we did,  but boy I couldn't help but feel jealous.

Anyway we will see what happens later in the year. For now its all about getting our savings back up.

Happy new year to you all. And nat I wish you lots of luck in your fresh cycle this year hun.

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #27 on: 9/01/17, 13:42 »
    Thanks Max, got my follow up on Wednesday so will keep you posted. Good luck for everything no matter what you decide max x

Offline Degas

modify
    « Reply #28 on: 4/02/17, 21:50 »
    Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone knows if St Mary's use an Embyoscope as standard for all IVF patients. I know they  use embryo glue. I'm just trying to decide where to do my next fresh cycle.

Offline Max 2012

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #29 on: 5/02/17, 23:24 »
    Hi Degas

As far as I know yes they do use it and they don't charge any extra for it either compared to other ivf clinics that can charge aound 700 for its use. I think they say as long as there is room for yours at the time then they will use it.