* Author Topic: St Mary's Manchester part 4  (Read 12103 times)

0 Members

Offline Degas

modify
St Mary's Manchester part 4
« Reply #30 on: 9/02/17, 16:28 »
Thanks for your reply Max 2012. I can't decide between Care or St Mary's at the moment?! I seem to be leaning more towards Care....

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #31 on: 14/02/17, 19:48 »
    I moved from st Marys to care and can't recommend them enough. If you need an info let me know x

Arm... i'm still here lurking. Had my 4th hysteroscopy today and the good news is my womb was completely normal and my lining was healthy, dr majumder was over the moon as are we as it means none of my scarring has returned xx

Offline Max 2012

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #32 on: 14/02/17, 22:58 »
    That's fantastic news nat! Keep us updated on your next cycle.  Have you got a rough start date for that yet? Xx

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #33 on: 16/02/17, 11:43 »
    Just waiting for af to arrive, it's currently 2 weeks late

Offline Degas

modify
    « Reply #34 on: 18/02/17, 11:29 »
    Thanks,

I did have a fresh cycle at St Mary's which didn't work. I then moved my one and only frozen embryo to Care, but my Frozen transfer didn't work either.

I am under Stockport so if I do my second fresh cycle with Care I won't get to use things like the embryoscope and endometrial scratch....which I could possibly have at St Mary's. But then I found Care so stress free and the staff really helpful.

I'm just not sure whether a bit of stress at St Mary's is worth the embryoscope or not ....sorry for waffling. Hope that makes sense x

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #35 on: 26/02/17, 10:51 »
    Degas, i'm having my 3rd cycle funded by Tameside, i'm paying for the embryoscope. Care doesn't do scratches as they say there is no evidence they make a difference

Offline kejij

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #36 on: 7/03/17, 21:51 »
    Hi Degas could I ask how you managed to transfer your embryo to another clinic and how long it took? I'm with st Mary's at the moment but I've been rejected for treatment 2months in a row now due to lack of drs so I'm working out if we can switch clinics. Thanks Kate

Offline Degas

modify
    « Reply #37 on: 8/03/17, 14:34 »
    Hi,

It was quite a while ago now, so my memory has dulled, but I asked my GP to transfer me from St Mary's to Care and it all happened really fast after the initial consultation at Care.

I think Care gave me a form to fill in to get things moving in regards to transport of the embryo, they were really helpful. After deciding on a date, St Mary's let me borrow a canister to carry the embryo in. It's quite heavy (10kg) so I got my Dad to carry it and hold it upright in the car (husband was working). I drove to Care, waited a few minutes whilst they stored the embryo and then took the empty canister straight back to St Mary's.

I got the feeling they do it more than you would think, so it's not a difficult process! I may have some of the paperwork stored away somewhere, I'll try and find it if you need any more info.

But Care are really easy to talk to and get in touch with if you need help!

Degas x

Offline kejij

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #38 on: 8/03/17, 22:00 »
    Great thanks for letting me know:)

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #39 on: 11/03/17, 07:01 »
    Hi

I moved my embryos to care last year,

You have to go to your gp like degas said, only difference now is they won't let you move your embryo n a canister, you have to pay for a medical courier which if I remember rightly was about 100. Care are great as once you've had an initial consultation and your embryo is there, you are fully in control of when you cycle, there's no rejection x