* Author Topic: St Mary's Manchester part 4  (Read 12106 times)

0 Members

Offline kejij

• Un-Ranked
modify
St Mary's Manchester part 4
« Reply #40 on: 12/03/17, 22:10 »
Thanks NAT:)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline angel_sara

modify
    « Reply #41 on: 16/03/17, 11:04 »
    hi ladies

i am here after long time. i am with St Mary's.
    trying to conceive from last 7years with no luck. i have got PCOS.

i had 2 fresh cycle with only 2 eggs retrieved and and survived till transfer each cycle , as there protocol they transfer only one for both cycle and resulted BFN both times.
    my third cycle i have got 27 eggs and 10 made to day 2 , all frozen due to OHSS. i am doing my frozen transfer 1st time. currently on buserelin injection  and  PROGYNOVA.
    I would like to know a=if i am getting IVF with NHS funding still i can ask to transfer myself to CARE?

Offline lilacheva

• Gold Member
    • what doesnt kill you makes you stronger
    modify
    « Reply #42 on: 16/03/17, 16:22 »
    Hi everyone
    Not been on for such a long time . Little lady keeping me on my toes !!
    Hope your all ok
    I was just wondering for the ladies who have had a successful cycle and have frosties how long did you leave it until trying again and also is there a charge ?
    Xxx

Offline Max 2012

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #43 on: 16/03/17, 23:18 »
    Hi Lilacheva

Nice to hear from you.  Glad to hear you are doing well. We decided to start the ball rolling just after our son turned 2. Are you thinking of coming back for your frosties soon? We didn't have to pay fir any of our frozen transfers because back when we had our fresh cycle in 2011 the rules were that one cycle was the use of all of the embryos created.  But they have changed this now and they charge for frozen cycles after birth of a baby.   It might be worth finding out when all this changed to see if it effects you.  Im not sure if it goes off your ccg or st marys as to when they decided to change the rules on this. It might be worth asking to speak to a lady there called  Melissa Donai (I think thats her name) she seems pretty clued up with funding criteria.

Good luck with the frozen transfer angelsarah. Sorry I have no experience of changing clinics under nhs to help answer your question.

Offline wibble-wobble

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #44 on: 17/03/17, 12:54 »
    Its the ccg that covers your postcode that affects what you get offered in terms of nhs cycles. Not the clinic.... Its such a postcode lottery someone in the next street could get all kinds and yet you could be entitled to  nothing all because of a few numbers and letters!

A Google search should find the info for you.

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #45 on: 19/03/17, 12:05 »
    Hi Angel_sara

Your frozen cycles will be funded if the fresh cycle you got them from were funded.

I moved my frozen embryos to care last year, they came from my 2nd fresh cycle. I found a FET at care a lot simpler than a FET at st Mary's as they don't use Buserelin in a FET which made it slot quicker, as you've already commenced your FET cycle at st Marys you will need to wait until this cycle has finished then see your gp and ask them to transfer your funding and refer you to care. Im currently having 3rd funded ivf cycle at care and again am finding it a lot less stressful, I'm not having a ET this time though as all my embryos are going to be frozen as we are having pre genetic screening done.

If you need any info about transferring, feel free to PM me x

Offline angel_sara

modify
    « Reply #46 on: 29/03/17, 16:39 »
    Thanks  nuttynat1982
    my ET tomorrow. i am hoping this time i will get BFP.
    if not i will ask my GP to transfer my fund to care for next FET.
    why you considering PGS? just asking to know if that may help me for my next cycle.
    thanks
    Goodluck
    Sara

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #47 on: 29/03/17, 21:56 »
    I'm having PGS as unfortunately I've had 3 m/c, and out of 5 ET I've only had a BFP twice which both ended in MMC between 6 and 7 weeks  plus have got elevated n/k cells so have to contribute to my treatment as have intralipids and clexane so they are leaving no stone unturned and want to make sure that they are putting a 100% healthy embryo in to speed up the time it's taking to get a BFP - it's now 5 years since I was first referred for my initial tests 😱.

Good luck with your ET and I will keep everything crossed that this is the one for you!! Keep me posted!

I'm having my EC on Saturday, had my first scan yesterday and had around 25 good sized follicles and lots of smaller ones, back tomorrow for day 10 scan

Offline angel_sara

modify
    « Reply #48 on: 30/03/17, 17:44 »
    good luck with you EC nuttynat1982.

I will keep posting my updates.

i had ET today. Embryologist said, they are beautiful and top quality.
    i left with 7 frozen. the just transfer 1 out of 3.

hope they stick n will get 2 lines this time.

Offline LadyB22

modify
    « Reply #49 on: 4/04/17, 10:13 »
    lilacheva I had my lo Feb 2015 and rang up in Dec to see about using my Frosties, I have an apt next month with a consultant so if you are thinking about it I'd ring up because you might have a wait to get booked in x

Fingers crossed for EC and ET x