* Author Topic: St Mary's Manchester part 4  (Read 12097 times)

0 Members

Offline Natalie1402

modify
St Mary's Manchester part 4
« Reply #50 on: 10/04/17, 20:58 »
I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times already but...

I was wondering if anyone has  had an nhs funded Ivf at St. Mary's then gone private and paid for another cycle with st. Mary's. I was wondering if you are treated any differently bring a paying customer to an nhs patient! Also if you pay do transfers and egg collections happen at a weekend if needed?

Tia

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Little_dreamer

modify
    « Reply #51 on: 13/04/17, 12:57 »
    Does anyone know if the extra doctors have been hired yet and if appointments are starting to be brought forward? I'm one month into a 6 month wait to see a doctor before my 3 and final NHS funded cycle and frustration is building. If they aren't brought forward soon I'm seriously considering applying to move my funding to care. Thanks

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #52 on: 13/04/17, 13:29 »
    OMG ... 6 month wait.... the 3 month wait to see a dr used to be awful but 6 months. I feel your pain so much. On the other hand having moved my funding to care and had FET transfers and fresh cycles cannot recommend them enough, there's no waiting what so ever.

Offline Little_dreamer

modify
    « Reply #53 on: 13/04/17, 18:49 »
    Thanks Nat, I've never had to wait like this before. We have decided that if the funded cycle doesn't work then we will move to care rather than pay at St Marys. Kinda wanted to follow it through and finish there though. Plus I wasn't sure how long it would take to request to move and if it would be complicated. How was it for you?

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #54 on: 13/04/17, 23:31 »
    It's actually very simple to move, just takes a letter from your gp I think. Was the best thing I ever did, removed so much of the stress of cycling and all happened very quick. Once you've had your consultation with them and protocol Is wrote then it is just a case of you ringing up on day one of your cycle to start. I was a bit more complicated as I moved my 2 remaining Frosties over too so had to wait for a courier to be available x

Offline Little_dreamer

modify
    « Reply #55 on: 14/04/17, 07:34 »
    I'm under Oldham CCG and just worried I would have tried argue why I want to move. I have no Frosties sadly so no worries on that front. Thanks ladies

Offline Little_dreamer

modify
    « Reply #56 on: 14/04/17, 10:23 »
    I will be in touch!

Offline Nico123

modify
    « Reply #57 on: 2/05/17, 21:39 »
    My consultation appointment was sposed to be August,  it has been brought forward to this week so I assume they are now moving everyone's appointments around.

Offline AutumnRose

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #58 on: 8/05/17, 19:31 »
    Hello!

My husband and I are undergoing investigations at St Mary's at the moment (male factor according to SA done at the GP, my end has been fine so far with bloods etc) and we had our SA, scan and bloods done at St Mary's 2 weeks ago.

We are still waiting on the results and today I came home to a consultation appointment letter for Monday 15th May  :o We were told we wouldn't be seen for potentially a few months so this was very unexpected! Little bit nervous as I need to get my BMI down under 30 and I've still got a stone to go (lost 17 lbs in 9 weeks so far).

Are they likely to order more tests after this appointment? Would they discharge us if I'm not the right BMI yet when/if they recommend IVF?

Offline LadyB22

modify
    « Reply #59 on: 10/05/17, 18:57 »
    Has anyone had a consultation recently? Did they run to time, how long were you there?
    We have an appointment Tuesday at 10 but just found out I have somewhere else I really need to be at 11.30, I don't want to change it we have been waiting since Dec!

AutumnRose sorry I don't know hopefully someone else can answer your questions.