* Author Topic: St Mary's Manchester part 4  (Read 12102 times)

0 Members

Offline nnightingale85

• Un-Ranked
modify
St Mary's Manchester part 4
« Reply #60 on: 12/05/17, 21:17 »
Autumn Rose, great news about your appointment. I was in the same position, I had all the tests, but couldn't be put forward for actual treatment until my BMI was down. It does give you the motivation to get there! Wishing you lots of luck xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline AutumnRose

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #61 on: 13/05/17, 20:22 »
    Thank you for your response nightingale!

If you don't mind me asking, how long after you got your BMI down were you able to start treatment? My BMI today is 31 so I'm hoping to shed the weight asap xx

Offline Jorun

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #62 on: 16/05/17, 17:14 »
    Hi girls,

Am I able to join in? Been finally referred to St Mary's last summer after seven years ttc, and had to wait for four months to get an initial appointment. When it finally came it was a bit surreal. The doc there wanted to go ahead with the ivf without any further investigations (me: unexplained, poss with luteal phase defect, hubs: all ok). I mentioned that I have some symptoms of endo/adeno, which have never been investigated and since this is the only NHS funded cycle I had, I may want to find out what's happening before I went along with the ivf.

At that point I was sent to see Dr majumder, who after making me wait 2h for my appointment, proceeded with the abdominal MR. I now have an appointment to see him at the end of June to discuss if I have adenomyosis (he didn't think I had endo from a chat).

Anyway, getting a bit ridiculous with all the waiting around. So after lots of reading and lurking on here, I've decided to try and transfer funding to Care. Have an appointment with a GP in my practice, what do I do if they are being funny about contacting the CCG (my regular GP in on hols)?  :'(

Sorry for jumping in!

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #63 on: 17/05/17, 12:26 »
    Hi Jorun,

I transferred to care last year and can't fault her. If you ring care and ask to speak to Julie Maj or even One if he patent liaison managers they should be able to help.

Dr majumnder was my consultant at st Marys and have to say that he was the best consultant there and he was the only one who was able to deal with my issues x

Offline Jorun

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #64 on: 17/05/17, 13:15 »
    Nuttynat1982,

I'm on it. Went to see my gp (lucky to get a cancellation) and she seemed completely fine with me wanting to transfer to Care. Also mentioned absurd waiting times at St Mary's.
    Worst part, it was a baby vax day at the surgery, so I was surrounded by babies  ^eyes^. A good sprinkle of salt to the wounds  :'( sat there trying to control myself and not to start crying. Thankfully, the GP was nice, plus agreed to do a number of level 1s.

Called Julie at Care, she was very nice and explained what needed doing. Looking at the form to fill in for a copy of my medical notes from St Mary's, how do I describe what I need? Just say all the notes from the IVF clinic?

Even though I did have to wait for Dr majumnder for ages, I must say, I'm impressed with him, not a drop of condescension, listened to all my worries (esp fear of anaesthesia), and offered to start with mr scan.

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #65 on: 18/05/17, 23:13 »
    I asked for a copy of all my notes from st Mary's both ivf and gynae notes as wanted a copy of everything they held decided if I was paying I may as well have everything x

Offline Jorun

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #66 on: 19/05/17, 16:29 »
    I asked for a copy of all my notes from st Mary's both ivf and gynae notes as wanted a copy of everything they held decided if I was paying I may as well have everything x

That's great! In the post. Now it's just a waiting game.

Offline Degas

modify
    « Reply #67 on: 26/05/17, 20:34 »
    Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has done short protocol at St Mary's and could let me know roughly the timeframe for things? Like starting stimes, when you had first scan and blood test etc. I'm worrying, probably over nothing, but I've moved from St Mary's to CARE Manchester and feel I had a lot more blood tests and scans at St Mary's last time, but because it was ages ago I can't remember!! And I might be worrying over nothing haha.

I always start over thinking things on a Friday evening when I can't do anything about til Monday haha.

Thanks x

Offline nnightingale85

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #68 on: 26/05/17, 22:21 »
    AutumnRose, once my BMI was down and I'd seen a nurse to confirm it my treatment started on my next cycle, but looking at this thread waiting times seem to be a bit worse at the moment. We never had any issues with waiting though, we did move to Care after our 2nd cycle though xx

Offline nnightingale85

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #69 on: 26/05/17, 22:25 »
    Degus, I also moved from St Marys to Care, as if had all my bloods and stuff done at St Marys and they knew my history from my notes I just went straight into a short protocol cycle after I'd had blood screenings done. I did have a scan prior to starting the cycle but otherwise just a thorough consultation. Luckily I had our best result yet, with a frozen embryo, I'm currently in the 2WW with that Frostie. The only downside is all the added extras I've had to pay for, well not had to, chose to, but it will be worth it if it works xx