* Author Topic: St Mary's Manchester part 4  (Read 12105 times)

0 Members

Offline Nico123

modify
St Mary's Manchester part 4
« Reply #70 on: 4/06/17, 11:22 »
I have a question if anyone could help,
I been told I can start treatment whenever I'm ready now,
my question is are we sposed to recieve our fertility drugs first or when I phone up to start treatment?
Xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Little_dreamer

modify
    « Reply #71 on: 4/06/17, 14:37 »
    Hi Nico

On your next bleed, call up and they will arrange for the meds to be sent to you, you will also be given an appointment with the nurse to have your teach which explains your protocol and how to inject your meds. Then on your 2nd bleed you call again and they will hopefully tell you to start the injections. Have you not been told to call up on your next bleed?

Offline Nico123

modify
    « Reply #72 on: 5/06/17, 22:42 »
    My understanding was I phoned up on first day of my period and then started injections on day 2 but I can't recall being told I have to do it for two bleeds, then again it was a lot to take in and maybe I've not recalled some information, does it depend on if your on the long or short protocol at all? Im so confused 🙁 but obviously I was wondering when I'd recieve them and I need to be shown how to use them too

They said to phone when I'm ready to start, I can't start till July as Im doing the race for life soon so was wanting to start after that.

Offline Little_dreamer

modify
    « Reply #73 on: 6/06/17, 09:06 »
    There is definitely 2 bleeds. If your on short protocol you will start your meds after your second bleed, and if your on the long protocol you will start some of your meds just before your second bleed. I would suggest calling up on your next bleed to request treatment. They will ask you then if you've had your teach, which you haven't, and the nurse will call you back in the next 3 days to discuss what happens next. Then if you choose to actually start your treatment cycle the following month you can discuss it with the nurse. I did that on my first cycle because I was travelling for work, so had my teach and meds ready for 2 months before. Don't panic, once you first make that call it is a pretty straightforward process to follow, and the nurses will explain everything,

If you have any more questions let me know. I had my teach last week, and waiting for AF this week to start my meds xxx

Offline Nico123

modify
    « Reply #74 on: 6/06/17, 13:51 »
    Thank you so much,
    Had a little panic yesterday haha
    I'm due my next bleed this week so I'll be phoning up and then hopefully I can start next month, I'm on the short protocol 😊😊

Good luck hunni, hope everything goes well for you xx

Offline tinkerbell78

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #75 on: 7/06/17, 10:44 »
    I haven't read any comments yet but will do.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi to all the newbies 👋

Also a big hellooooo to all the oldies and I don't mean by age 🙈 I hope you're all doing well.

Well my little dude is 18 month old! Can you believe it? Where the hell did the time go 😱

Offline LadyB22

modify
    « Reply #76 on: 23/07/17, 11:29 »
    Hope everyone is ok, not sure if anyone is still checking on here it's very quiet at the min!

I've just been accepted for a fet just wondered if anyone can tell me about how long it takes it's been a while and I can't remember.

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #77 on: 24/07/17, 08:38 »
    Think from what I can remember from when I was a st Marys patient you start d/r on day 21 then 14 days later you go for bloods to see if your d/r (i.e. Had a bleed) then when they say you can start you take estrodol can't remember what day they have you in for lining scan S my last two cycles have been fresh onesxx

Offline LadyB22

modify
    « Reply #78 on: 24/07/17, 16:43 »
    Thanks for the reply, was just a bit confused because they have asked me to start DR day 14, things must have changed xx

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #79 on: 25/07/17, 09:59 »
    Yes they must have. I'm under care now and they don't d/r for a FET, just start on estrodol on day 1. Things change all the time. Good luck, I'm hoping to start with my next af xxxx