* Author Topic: Next Generation Clinic Russia?? anyone been ?  (Read 11899 times)

0 Members

Offline Twinkletoes42

modify
Next Generation Clinic Russia?? anyone been ?
« Reply #10 on: 28/03/17, 18:47 »
Hi Candie
You must be really excited .... next week the transfer that's great !!! I had my EC yesterday 5 eggs , got a phone call today to say 4 have fertilised ... I'm having the transfer on Saturday morning . They haven't said what the quality is like , I'm hoping to get some indication on Saturday if they get that far !!

I've chosen a donor at NGC .. do you know how long you have to wait for a donor cycle after a failed OE ivf .
I'm just wanting to be ready if things don't work . I guess NGC need all blood test results viral screening etc ?

Well I wish you the best of luck next week . Please keep in touch and I hope all goes well  ^hugme^
Xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 29/03/17, 09:08 »
    Candie386 - good luck.

I checked out the Internet, and:
    NGC/Next Generation Clinic. located in Saint Peterburg only - http://www.spbivf.com/en/ Is considered to be a leading ivf clinic in Russia, with great results
    Generation Next, located on Moscow, Russian-German clinic, I can't find English version of their site - http://www.pokolenie-nxt.ru/ "Pokolenie" means generation. Yes, two really misleading names

Offline Twinkletoes42

modify
    « Reply #12 on: 1/04/17, 16:53 »
    Hi Candie386
    Well I had my ET today .... well they were not at blastocyst stage which is a bit concerning . Embryologist said they were at morula stage ?? Basically they were going a bit slow and they don't know whether that's a egg quality issue or whether they are just slower than average . I've had 2 morulas transferred , none to freeze as the others two were rubbish quality 😞. I guess it's another waiting game

I hope your journey to St Petersburg goes well . I wish you all the very best for this week

Fingers crossed n lots n lots of baby dust xxx

Offline Twinkletoes42

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 5/04/17, 08:54 »
    Candie ,

I don't know whether you've had the transfer yet but I hope it's gone well. I saw the bomb incident in st Petersburg , crikey I hope you weren't caught up in any of that !!!!
    I'm on my 2ww it's now 4 dp5dt . I'm not getting any symptoms unsurprisingly, just like my previous cycle if I'm honest . I hope all is well take care x

Miamiamo,
    Thanks for the info I've been checking out reviews and various sites and NGC gets good ratings ...

Keep in touch ladies xxx

Offline Candie386

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #14 on: 6/04/17, 22:32 »
    Hi Ladies... yes I just came back from NGC in st petersburg for the transfer.. and i was there during the bombing which happened to be very close to our hotel !! ..I did not take the metro luckily but i had gone to a museum by uber instead and was just around the time of the explosion thank god I did not go by the metro but I did get stuck for a few hours at the museum since streets were closed and no cars or taxis could pick me up..my husband did not want to go the museum so i went alone but luckily we are ok.. so sad for the victims such a tragedy..
    Now I am in the ten days waiting period to do the pregnancy test. The waiting is the worst part, im trying to stay positive.. i only transferred one girl they offered to transfer two but since the success rate is around 65% or something after passing pgs, for me the risk of twins was too high since I work alot,  i just dont know how i would handle twins ... The clinic was great they picked us up from the airport everything went smoothly.. Dr. Diana was very gentle and skilled with the transfer the facility was very clean and the equipment is all new and modern it is even better than my clinic here in USA ...they gave me my own room to rest in before and after the transfer.. .  so i am hoping for the best but even if it does not work I would not fault the cilnic at all.. They are excellent and I have full confidence in Dr. Diana .. you can also purchase all the medications you need there they have their own pharmacy I bought them since it is much cheaper to get them there than in USA .. It is really a very lovely clinic. If this transfer does not work I will definitely go back to transfer one of the other frozen embryos but I am hoping this one works ...:))

Twinkletoes42...
    I know that when I did IVF with my own eggs mine also were only morulas on day 5... they did not become blasts til day 6 or day 7 even!!. i had one become a blast on day 7 ... so I guess your doctor could have waited another day or two to see if they would become blasts.. but i guess the risk with that is also that might degenerate before they can even make it to blasts and then you would have none to transfer at all .... so i think it just depends on the clinic what their philiosphy is .. some like to let them grow as long as possible to day 6 or 7 and some think its better to just transfer them even if morulas thinking they have a better chance to make it inside the uterus... I think at our age it is just the age of the eggs they are going to be slow growing.. My doctor told me it is not common at all for someone over 40 to get a blast on day 5.. It would usually be day 6 or 7 and some cannot even get blasts at all.. so I think its good that you just transfered what you had the two morulas at least they have a chance to grow more in the uterus.  Hoping all the best of luck for you .. you never know i have read lots of people had transferred morulas and they got a baby. I am happy that you have also found a donor you like at NGC in case at least you have a back up plan but hopefully the transfer will work ..If it does not work I think they suggest right away after your period starts you start taking a birth control pill so that you can start to regulate your cycle but i would get in touch with NGC to ask them they can tell you what you should do but if you want to do the donor asap i would suggest starting the pill right away. I would think you could do the donor egg in the next month or two depending on also if you are doing frozen eggs then it could be anytime you  want but if its fresh then it would have to be coordinated with the donor so prob in the next two months. If you want PGS then that would be a two part trip one for the sperm sample and then back again later for the transfer so it depends on what you choose ..
     If you end up going to NGC I can help you with all the info you would need.. regarding the tests that need to be done.. yes there are some screening tests but since you have been getting ivf done at your clinic back home most of those test would already have been done I did not need to repeat anything.. I think if there are some tests you need to be done they can do them when you arrive there. please let us know the results of your transfer  ;D

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #15 on: 7/04/17, 11:35 »
    Candie386 - awesome. I keep my fingers and toes crossed. xx

Offline Altai

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #16 on: 7/04/17, 12:18 »
    Fx for 2ww candie.
    Glad you were safe during
     the incident there.

Offline Candie386

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #17 on: 7/04/17, 18:01 »
    Thank you ladies yes keeping my fingers crossed !!  :)

Offline micky14

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #18 on: 16/04/17, 17:53 »
    Hi Candie,
    I was interested to get more info regarding NGC. Would you mind to provide an update of your transfer ? Also I was impressed about the amount of info I can get from their egg donors database, but I don't see adult photos. Were you be able to access them ?
    Thanks for your answer
    Cheers
    Michela

Offline Candie386

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #19 on: 16/04/17, 18:10 »
    Hi yes you can get adult photos all you have to do is to email the donor coordinator with the number of the donor and she will send the adult photos for you.. I got several photos of each donor you can always ask for more;)) My transfer was negative :((  I could have transferred two but i only transferred one I was just too afraid of ending up with twins.. I really do not fault the clinic at all tho..I must add that I only wanted a girl so the girl was not the best quality of the bunch .. the girl was good quality the boys were better. Not sure if transferring a better quality boy would have affected the outcome but It was my choice to transfer the girl. They were all day 5 day blasts that passed pgs so i felt the girl had a good chance. I will go back for another try in the next few months... I was hoping for it to work the first round but I have read many ladies have tried several times before donor egg worked. Maybe I will try two next time but I'm not sure If i got two i just don't know how i would handle it...