* Author Topic: Next Generation Clinic Russia?? anyone been ?  (Read 11897 times)

0 Members

Offline CatAttack

• Un-Ranked
modify
Next Generation Clinic Russia?? anyone been ?
« Reply #70 on: 30/04/18, 16:26 »
Iím sorry to hear about your negative test, Melisand. I wish you all the best with whatever your next step is.

I hope itís ok to join your conversation and share my experience at the clinic. Itís still early days for me so Iím trying not to discuss this cycle with many people in Ďreal lifeí until Iíve had the viability scan at least.

I cycled at the clinic earlier this month and had a positive experience there. Everything went very smoothly and I felt that the clinic was run efficiently. Admin-wise, Vlada was meticulous and always followed-up when I had questions, and I felt Dr Diana was very thorough in the consultation, and also warm and friendly, which is important, I think. Iím still waiting to confirm the outcome but I canít fault the process, and I was very pleased with the number and quality of the embryos - 1 transferred and 7 cryopreserved from the 12 egg package.

Anyway, fingers crossed for everyone who is waiting or trying. 💐

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Candie386

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #71 on: 23/05/18, 02:44 »
    good luck cat attack  :) let us know the final outcome.. i hope it works for you.. i also had a similar experience there ,, mine did not work but from what i saw the clinic was efficient and dr diana and vlada were also very good. nobody really knows why mine did not work . but i dont feel that it was fault of the clinic .. .. so hoping the best for your cycle  :-*

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #72 on: 27/05/18, 13:30 »
    CatAttack - any updates? Hope everything has worked for you.

Offline CatAttack

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #73 on: 29/05/18, 18:35 »
    Hello Candie and miamiamo,

Unfortunately it turned out to be a chemical preganancy but I'm returing to St Petersburg later this month to try with a frozen embryo. I'm bringing an empty suitcase this time so I can raid Dom Knigii!

Offline Candie386

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #74 on: 6/01/19, 02:01 »
    Hi Catattack .... how did everything go .. hoping that the last transfer worked for you  ;D ;D

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #75 on: 12/01/19, 19:18 »
    CatAttack - how are you doing? and did you like your visit to Dom Knigii?

Offline CatAttack

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #76 on: 4/02/19, 22:21 »
    Third time lucky! My baby is due at the end of May :-) I still canít quite believe it. I really was beginning to think it just wasnít meant to be. Iím very grateful to the donor and the clinic.

I sincerely hope others in the thread have also had good news. Best wishes to all who are on the journey.

Offline CatAttack

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #77 on: 4/02/19, 22:27 »
    Oh and Don Knigii is fabulous! Among my purchases is a pile of toddler books so hopefully the little one will know a few words in Russian by the time I take him to visit St Petersburg. :-)

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #78 on: 12/02/19, 14:35 »
    @CatAttack - amaaazing news! massive congrats! For sure she/he will know, a daughter of my friend, when she was about 3, used to say ochen (very in Russian) please :) Healthy pregnancy xox

Offline marmite1

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #79 on: 6/05/19, 08:58 »
    Hereís my experience of NGC St Petersburg in case itís of use to anyone:

Firstly, I found that the communication was excellent, both with the medical and non-medical staff.  Having previously had one round of IVF in Poland, where the administrators spoke perfect English but the doctors hardly at all, this is something that was extremely valuable to me as I got really frustrated and upset at not being able to communicate my questions properly.  Not only did Dr Diana Lobzeva speak perfect English, but I had direct email correspondence with her at all points during the process, with extremely quick replies, even on a Sunday when she was able to respond immediately and reschedule the date of my FET later that week due to early ovulation.  I was really impressed by this; taking away the stress of inadequate communication is so important but completed overlooked by most clinics.  The clinic were also excellent at spending time discussing the choice of donor eggs with me.  Iím not sure on the ethics, but they were happy to provide photos of the donors as adults, which I found useful in any case!

I had one round of IVF using frozen donor eggs and sperm.  The eggs were from NGC and the sperm I arranged to have shipped from Cryos in Denmark.  I hadnít realised that I would have to arrange my own shipping as Cryos only ship within Europe.  This was easy to arrange but the cost was outrageous.

The fertilisation rate was excellent (15 out of 15), but on day 4, NGC reported that most of the embryos had stopped growing.  The timing of this would suggest genetic issues with the sperm rather than the eggs, but I have to take it on trust that this is indeed what happened.  By day 5 there were only 4 embryos left to freeze but all of these passed chromosome screening.

The first of the FETs I wasnít at all sure about. The doctor, overseen by Dr Lobzeva, struggled a bit with the catheter and I had quite a bit of cramping at the time and for a few days afterwards.  It was unsuccessful and I canít help but think that this might have been why.  The second FET I opted to use two embryos, and this was done by Dr Lobzeva herself.  It was extremely quick and smooth with no cramping whatsoever.  This resulted in my little boy Thomas, who is now 3 months old and happily snoring away beside me.  If I were to return to use the final embryo I would definitely ask for Dr Lobzeva again.

Finally, another note on the logistics of going to a clinic outside of Europe is that non-EU prescriptions are not valid in the UK, so if you need to obtain any drugs whilst over here which I frequently did, some of them will require your GP to write you a private prescription. 

Anyway, good luck with your journeys, wherever they may lead you!