* Author Topic: Our new journey to become a family 2017  (Read 7529 times)

0 Members

Offline itsonlybridge

modify
Our new journey to become a family 2017
« Reply #40 on: 10/10/17, 13:14 »
Well we are 2 months on since panel and no match as yet. We were shortlisted for a LO in recent weeks but we weren't chosen in the end so it wasn't meant to be.

Feeling a little deflated today but trying to stay focused as we know our LO is out there somewhere.

As many other adopters have said, this part of the process is the hardest, the waiting and just not knowing when it will happen. I can't fully give 100% to work as I have all but lost interest! The nursery is just an empty room that we aren't able to do anything with until we know who we are doing it for and our minds are full of ideas for the future that we just can't yet put into practise. Talk about being in limbo land!

I do hope we will have some matching news to update my diary with soon  ^pray^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Emma-is-a-mummy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #41 on: 10/10/17, 22:46 »
    It will happen honey hang in there.

Took us 5 months to get a match and I totally understand the limbo feeling but your child is out there they just have to find you.

Big hugs xxxx

Ps our 1st match fell through too as we didn't get chosen and it was totally for a reason and that was our little boy he's the best thing to have happened to us. And so is his little sister who came to live with us just a couple of months ago. Xxxx

Offline itsonlybridge

modify
    « Reply #42 on: 11/10/17, 08:51 »
    Thank you so much for your supportive words Emma, it really means a lot and gives me hope. I am refocused today and will try to have faith in what will be xxxxx

Offline itsonlybridge

modify
    « Reply #43 on: 5/10/18, 10:12 »
    Oh my goodness, I can't believe it's been an entire year since I posted on here! Such a lot has happened.

Well Christmas 2017 came and went as did New Year and Spring. During that time we had a couple of potential links but they didn't work out for various reasons.

Finally we were matched with a LO but there have been a lot of complications and delays with the court case so we are still patiently waiting for LO to come home to us. We are hoping she will be with us by Christmas/New Year. She is just beautiful and we are already in love with her. We just hope it doesn't fall through at the last hurdle  ^pray^

It is difficult to write too much more as I can't go into details but hopefully we are almost a the finishing post after our very long journey of 15 years trying to get here in various ways xxx

Offline itsonlybridge

modify
    « Reply #44 on: 19/01/20, 08:29 »
    And here we are with another year that has sped by!

Well... our little pink has been home with us for just over a year now. I marvel every day at the wonder of her, she is just truly amazing!

I can't believe how fast we have gone from nursing a teeny tiny baby to the whirlwind of toddler mayhem! Every stage is has its challenges and rewards in equal measure and we wouldn't change a single thing!

If anyone is reading this and maybe considering adoption, I can honestly say it the best thing we have ever ever done! Our journey to become a family has been a long one of 15 years and we have been through huge heartache along the way. I spent a long time wondering if I would ever be able to truly love a child that wasn't biologically mine, but let me tell you, I couldn't love this girl any more! My heart just does not believe that she didn't grow inside of me. I cherish every inch of her and didn't realise there could be a love so powerful! She has completed our family in more ways than I could ever have imagined.

We have a group of friends who are also adopters and we ALL feel this way. The longing to be pregnant and see our biological children which was ingrained in us for so many years has simply faded away and no longer even exists.  I never imagined that could ever happen.

Anyway, it is breakfast time so we will be having toast and banana thrown on the floor to the theme tune of 'Old Macdonald had a farm'.....  ;D

Wishing you all love and luck in your individual journeys. Take care xxxxxx