* Author Topic: Daily Mail article about first time mum of 64  (Read 657 times)

0 Members

Offline deblovescats

• Gold Member
  • 2 BFNs 2012, DS 2014, DD 2016
Have you all see the news about Dame Julia Peyton-Jones who has become a mum for first time at 64? !! The article in the Daily Mail said that it was not revealed whether she had had IVF treatment or used a surrogate. It appears to me that the media don't tend to be negative about celebrities or rich people becoming mums later in life, but sometimes have a bit of a rant about the increasing numbers of older mums when it's us 'unknowns'. Anyone else think this?
Good luck to her - wonder if she's thought about those sleepless nights! Would be helpful if celebrities and those in the media would say how they achieved this. I suppose it's their private business, but if you put your story out to a newspaper, I think they should be upfront about exactly how this happened - be it surrogates, donor eggs etc.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Lily0750

• Gold Member
    modify
    Daily Mail article about first time mum of 64
    « Reply #1 on: 19/01/17, 11:01 »
    Hi Deb,

Celebrities can afford to hire day nannies and night nannies to look after the baby.
    I wonder if I Dame Julia Peyton-Jones thought about of possibility of developing dementia or Alzheimer in ten years time?

Offline deblovescats

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 19/01/17, 12:14 »
    I agree - they don't suffer from sleepless nights!
    I'm sure she hasn't thought about developing any of these conditions either!
    I'm not judgemental and obviously as an older mum myself, I support older ladies going for treatment  but I think there maybe should be a cut off point - I know it depends on lots of factors, but I think 64 is probably too old. I had qualms myself when I had DS at 47!

Offline deblovescats

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 19/01/17, 12:15 »
    Forgot to say - sorry about your BFN - hope you get success if you try again