* Author Topic: Cognitive ways of relieving stress  (Read 1399 times)

0 Members

Offline Mrs Nikki

• Feline Mad Twin Mummy
  • VIP Member Sponsor
modify
Cognitive ways of relieving stress
« on: 30/08/05, 14:30 »
Anyone know of any cognitive ways of relieving stress?  I'm desperate for some. ^confused^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline CLARETTC

• my embies care manchester
    modify
    Re: Cognitive ways of relieving stress
    « Reply #1 on: 30/08/05, 14:33 »
    not sure if you would call it cognitive but have you thought about hypnotherapy?? I have a cd which was made specifically for me and i found it great for stress. I believe NLP or something like that is good too but thats expensive. My cd cost 30. I can give you the link if you like?? ^reiki^

Offline Hun

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • Thankyou Mel and Tony - this site changed my life!
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 30/08/05, 16:34 »
    Hi Nicki

Have you heard of EFT? It stands for emotional freedom technique, and it is a sort of combination of hypnotherapy and acupressure. I have a good friend trained in its use, though there are not many practioners in the UK at the moment. I have never used it, so cannot speak from personal experience, but know a lot of people who seem to rate it....
    Try a google search on EFT to find out more....

Hun xx

Offline CLARETTC

• my embies care manchester
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 30/08/05, 16:36 »
    lol ;D thats what i meant too not nlp??? Where did i get that from ^idiot^ ;D

Offline Mrs Nikki

• Feline Mad Twin Mummy
    • VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 30/08/05, 16:39 »
    Clare a lot of books, etc refer to NLP, that is something that does pop up a lot, prob why you thought of it.  :)

Offline safarigirl

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 30/08/05, 17:29 »
    Hi Nikki .... i have done quite a bit of work around stress so maybe i can help you?
    can you tell me a little about the way you experience stress and how you respond to stressful situations e.g. anger, tears, shouting etc .... 
    what are the types of things you do to cope at the moment with stress?
    Sometimes a useful tool is to keep a little diary of when you feel stressed in the day e.g. at tesco's and not served quick enough .... and what your response was .... anger at having to wait ...
    this gives you an idea of what is triggering your stress and what your emotional response is, and can help you start to solve it, as you know what you are looking for ...
    I have quite a bit of information that i can either post you or talk to you over the phone .... but give me some other info and i will try and work out something for you to do to reduce your stress levels.
    You can IM or post here if you want ....

Offline Mrs Nikki

• Feline Mad Twin Mummy
    • VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 30/08/05, 17:52 »
    Safarigirl you may regret offering this to me hun  ???  Have to get dinner sorted, etc, may be online later or if not (as I have some making up to do with DH  >:( :( :-[) IM/post tomorrow if thats ok. Ty  :-* :-* :-*

Offline safarigirl

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 30/08/05, 18:40 »
    No problem - would be happy to help in whatever way i can ..... my pleasure, im or post me when you get some time and we'll take it from there
     ^reiki^

Offline hevvy

• IVF / ICSI
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 25/09/05, 23:09 »
    Hello, autogenic training is a useful technique too - my mum practices it and i;ve found it useful during ivf.  just look it up on google and you'll find some info.  once you've done the course, you have the tools for life,

Heatherxxxx