* Author Topic: Simplant trial + ICSI 3...lucky transfer 4? BFP! MMC 11 weeks IMSI 4..Baby Boy!  (Read 24394 times)

0 Members

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
Well hello there new diary 🌱🌿🍀

New year, new plan, same goal as the last FIVE years - except this time it is even more desperate than just seeing the second line, I have to find a way to keep those embryos growing. I just can't get them past the five weeks mark.

I wish that we were twenty years in the future when more research had been done. It's so hard to work out if our embryos are now angels because of the seeds, the ground, the resultant chromosomes, an immune system that is inspired by darleks, incompatibility between the two of us or just plain bad luck!

The current plan is this:

I am lucky enough to have been placed on the SIMPLANT trial up in Coventry with Prof Quenby and her team. It's all to do with the question mark over whether having enough stem cells in the lining can result in a live birth or at least reduce the miscarriage rate. I'll be having a couple of biopsies (which should include the nk cell results) and they will act as a deep scratch for my lining. I'll also be taking either a drug called sitagliptin or a placebo, but neither me nor the trial doctors will know which. After that we will be doing a fresh cycle of ICSI.

We had toyed with the idea of going to cycle in Greece, but I think that we are going to stick with our Welsh clinic as 1, they are lovely and I think we can get the cycle tweeks I would like and 2, the exchange rate now sucks as a result of some reckless politicians and disillusioned voters. Plus it is a much greater effort to book flights, kennel dogs, find hotels and frankly, my greatest anxiety is over getting ohss again and being trapped abroad, unable to fly.

After a chat with our consultant, I think it is likely that we will do a fresh cycle with a 50/50 split of DH sperm and donor sperm. That will hopefully enable us to have a handful of embryos available to try both options, without having to go through another cycle again incase the plan A of DH sperm ends up in yet another miscarriage and we want to move to donor sperm. I think DH might go through another retrieval too as he seems much healthier than two years ago, he's done the sperm improvement protocol and he's on proxeed, which seems to have benefited us both. Our hair growth is crazy!! It does mean that I have even more yeti like legs but hey  ;D

So the cycle is probably a good 4 months away so now is the time to enjoy life and stay healthy. As well as going up to Coventry once a month and phoning every two weeks to say that I am not pregnant (baneeeeed for the duration of the trial - last night I put on a condom for the first time in almost 8 years  :o ), at least this time I don't have to pay for all the pregnancy tests!

Right then 2017, show me the good stuff I know you've been keeping in the back 🍀

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Had the most wonderful news on Friday from the HFEA - a baby boy was born to one of my recipients last year ❤️❤️❤️❤️

I felt so overwhelmed and absolutely overjoyed for her. All the injections, the ohss, it was all worth it. Although all my babies are angels, the single cell that I gave to a lady has turned into a longed for child. This gives me so much hope for us too, as we know that we make good blastocysts and that one day, one should stick for good.

Wishing you a wonderful life filled with joy, little one xxxxx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Yay!!! Smiley face on the opk! And nice dark lines on the one step cheapy. Annoyingly, this seems like the strongest ovulation I have had in months and I actually have ewcm today too, rather than some scanty progesterone mucus I have been having on my lh surge day (my ewcm has been starting and stopping a few days before positive opks). It seems that my body may be getting a bit more back in whack.

Biopsy number one is booked in for next Tuesday (aka Valentine's Day...not quite what I had in mind!).

Time to get cracking! Xx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Well that was a Valentine's Day to remember!

Up super early to travel up to Coventry....remembered that I had forgotten it was Valentine's Day....hastily made DH a card and went downstairs to discover the most beautiful bouquet of flowers from him 😍 Felt super guilty that I hadn't made more of a fuss but he was so sweet, telling me that I have more important things to think about today...awwwww!

So fast forward a few hours, we got to Coventry and filled out a bit more paperwork then headed downstairs for the biopsy. Got undressed and hopped (more clambered like an ungainly oaf) up onto the bed with the most uncomfortable stirrups. I had a labral tear repaired in my hip a few years ago and so it has limited movement so it was rather uncomfortable to lie there. Started off with a standard dildo cam scan, my lining was at 8.5mm on day 22, which I think is okayish, my right ovary was hiding but the left had a chunky corpus luteum cyst on it from where I'd ovulated from.

Next step: biopsy. I had opted for no gas and air, just took some naproxen before as I knew it was a quick procedure that I wanted over with quickly without the possible dizziness. Speculum in, standard cramping, not too bed, instrument went in and grabbed the lining - OH MY GOD THE WORST PAIN OF MY LIFE - but held still, squeezed all the blood out of poor DH's hand and 15 seconds later it was all over. I think the shock of the sudden pain made it worse! I had some ouchy cramping for about 20 minutes and then I've had some small on off cramps for the last few hours and spotting when I wipe. Overall, not too bad and hopefully it will all be worth it.

So I've got the sitagliptin/tasty sugar pills, only the pharmacist knows, some freebie condoms (hooray  ::) ) and a pregnancy test to do in 2 weeks time to confirm that I am not. Back up in a month for them to check I'm alive and I have a symptom diary to fill in in the meantime.

Inching closer to the next cycle...

Oh and DH has told our clinic that he wants (maybe not the best turn of phrase) another retrieval so that we feel we have thrown everything at it. He's been umming and aahing over it, so I told him the sooner he gets it done the sooner he can drink wine again. 24 hours later = email sent  ;D

xx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    I've been having quite bad cramping and still pink or brown spotting when I wipe ever since the biopsy on Tuesday. Tonight I have heavier brown spotting so looks like AF might make an early appearance after my womb has been monkeyed around with. My boobs have been ridiculously sore this month - haven't been this bad without being pregnant for years - so hopefully I actually had a decent ovulation and a good amount of progesterone for once!

I had a bit of a dry cough at work yesterday although I'm not sure if it wasn't my asthma playing up as I haven't really had any today. I had a really bad dizzy spell this evening when I was hungry though so who knows if it was just one of those things or if I'm on the sitagliptin after all?? Xx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    As I thought, AF arrived a day early on Sunday.

I'm supposed to record on my trial diary if I have heavy days but I haven't had any that I would describe as so. Heavy red bleeds when I pee but not really much on my pad and I only need to change it at night. I am far crampier than I ever normally am though so go figure!

I've also lost some small pieces of tissue today, is that normal after the biopsy?

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Where oh where is my ovulation? Anyone seen it?

Things have been tense at home the last few weeks as DH's company are being absolute a-holes, despite him being a star employee for almost 10 years and I think the stress may have knocked my cycle out - boooooo.

I don't think it really matters in terms of the trial, unless of course I don't ovulate on my May cycle! But it matters to me because it starts pushing the start of our next IVF back. All I've had since AF petered out is ridiculous amounts of thick white progesterone style mucus, not a dash of ewcm in sight. Definitely no miracle, condom and biopsy escaping bfp here!

I'm back up in Coventry next week for the yes I'm still alive check so will ask about it then xx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    A doctor at my clinic has written a book on infertility, IVF and miscarriage. The first few pages had statistics on pregnancy rate per monthly natural cycle and miscarriage rate for age brackets.

20's - miscarriage rate = 10%
    Early 30's - miscarriage rate = 20%

Feeling absolutely crazed right now.

I KNOW it's 'just' a statistic but I feel like I'm behind before I started...except I actually started FIVE YEARS AGO. I was 24. Right in the good bit. I'm now 29, about to start falling off a fertility cliff.

How did this happen? 

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Well the ewcm is here but the positive opk is not. Get a wiggle on body! Xx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Update: positive opk!!! Yay!!!! Just the 5 days late  ^bigbad^ xxx