* Author Topic: Simplant trial + ICSI 3...lucky transfer 4? BFP! MMC 11 weeks IMSI 4..Baby Boy!  (Read 24613 times)

0 Members

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
Next lot of trial meds picked up today. Two months to go!!!! Well, that is if DH gets a power wiggle on and sorts out his retrieval date....  ^bigbad^ xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Jeez my boobs are sore! I've still got one more week of these watermelons! I remember that this was how it was every month but that stopped years ago.... I had a thought earlier that perhaps the short course of cabergoline (very short, gave me very weird thoughts and I never want to take it again) has balanced my body out and restored my progesterone production  ^pray^ I do so very hope that I am back in order...

Well muggins here got fed up of waiting for DH to pull his finger out and so *we*  ::) booked his second SSR in for the end of April. I was having a little wobble over is it a waste of money, should we have the DQA alpha testing done first, will it end up exactly the same blah blah blah, but came to the conclusion that it has to be done to feel that we have exhausted all avenues to be at peace if it doesn't work out. The devil on my shoulder then says well you could go to dr Ramsey etc but there has to be a line drawn somewhere. I'm having my amh redone on the same day (only done once 5 years ago) and I'm desperately hoping that it hasn't plummeted.

Countdown is on to mid May 🍀🍀🍀🍀

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    So AF came and went 14 days post ov, five days long instead of 6 but with two properly heavy days. Two weeks later ov should be here but no sign. Putting this down to the extreme stress that our nasty neighbours are causing (miserably unhappy couple that would like to blame all their troubles on anyone but themselves. I also think there are bipolar mental health issues but that doesn't excuse their threatening, aggressive and nasty behaviour) combined with a stressy stocktake at work plus DH's issues with work too! Frustrating that this is going to push our cycle back further but hey ho, nothing can be done about it.

Just to kick me when I'm down, BF1 had her second baby yesterday and BF2 announced her second pregnancy to me a couple of days ago. I'm of course very happy for them but it does really show how long I've been on this merry go round for....  :(

If any of you can do the ovulation dance for me (I'm thinking like the YMCA, making O shapes with your arms, possibly whilst holding eggs) then that would be great  ;D xxxxx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Positive OPKs today  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Whoops! Missed a few weeks!

So AF was very very naughty and didn't turn up until 18 days post OV  ^bigbad^ I had horrendous shooting pains through my uterus on 13dpo and a lesser amount the next day and then no blinking bleed. I think I must have had a lingering cyst interfering with it all that was causing the pain. I did have rather sore boobs that didn't stop until a couple of days before AF so I suspected it was going to be late. It was pretty heavy for the first day, less so on day 2 and then light for the rest of it. Day 6 today so hopefully that will be the end.

Also, DH's SSR has been delayed as the clinic forgot that his bloods were out of date  ::) not the end of the world as we are going for it tomorrow instead. I'm quite nervous about it incase a) we don't get any sperm b) get sperm but it's more naf than what we have frozen already and that'll be £1k down the drain c) I'm worried about his heart - we've switched over to nhs treatment from private for his hypertrophic cardiomyopathy as he just wasn't getting called back for regular follow ups. I think a combination of advances/changes in schools of thought regarding hcm and also a more standardised approach (rather than tailored when private), means that all of a sudden we're back to the defibrillator talk. He doesn't have one at the moment and it (touch a huge oak tree sized piece of wood) is generally well controlled via beta blockers. Overall it's made me nervous that he is going through a few hours of nasty stress, although he isn't having sedation to reduce the risks. I'll update tomorrow with hopefully a good outcome  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

The trial seems to be fine although I am counting down the days to stopping the pills. I have now had a nasty cough for a month and it dawned on me that it is probably because I am in sitagliptin after all  ::) considering that a cough and headaches are the main side effects I probably should have twigged earlier! Anyway, it is possible that it's just a coincidence but I am really, really hoping that it goes with the tablets. Although I do have that tiny obstacle of ovulating on time and the small matter of the horrific biopsy to go through first.

If all goes to plan, IMSI number three is 16 days away. Come on body, you can do it! Xxx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Oh one more thing: last night I had a dream that I gave birth to a gorgeous little girl and she was smiling away at both my husband and I 😍. When I woke up, I suddenly thought about a lady on here that I used to follow who should have had her baby by now - I found her Wordpress blog and sure enough there was an update and it was all about her gorgeous son and how he is the most smiley baby ever.

I'm taking this as a good omen.

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Retrieval went really well - 5 very well filled vials of excellent motile sperm - found with the first needle that went in!!!!  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

Before the procedure the same lovely consultant that did retrieval number one said that it would take 45-60 minutes but if they had to do tesa as well, then it would take about 2 hours. DH went off, I faffed about with the machine for a good 5 minutes making a cup of tea, read about four pages of my book and the nurse came in to say that DH was coming out - less than twenty minutes he was gone!! He was in very good spirits, just a little woozy from the codeine plus whatever bum bullet he had the pleasure of. He's resting up on the sofa now, feeling a little ouchy but not too bad, just very tired.

The embryologist was really happy with the quality and quantity of the sperm, looks like that 6 months of Proxeed plus the serum protocol may just have done the trick for him. He's certainly much healthier and fitter than when he had the first retrieval two years ago.

He's my gorgeous little star ⭐️⭐️⭐️

We munched our way through a couple of rounds of tea and toast (stashing away the biscuits for later of course, obligatory with our clinic trips  ;D ) and then did all the mountains of consents and planning for the fresh cycle. We've opted for the two cycle package to take the pressure off if this one doesn't work out (although I have my positive pants on and I'm feeling, well, positive today). Im doing a short protocol for the first time as DR makes me feel absolutely beyond poop, probably with cetritide, fostemon and merional, none of which I've used before. They are going to stim me very gently to try and avoid ohss at all costs, as I was very very poorly last year, ending up in hospital and off work for a whole month. I had swelling in my ankles and worse in my toes for 8 months afterwards, which killed my big toenails. I don't think my consultant has seen an ohss reaction like that  ^idiot^

EC is provisionally booked in for the 12th June - eeeeeeeeeeek!

So, I have instructed my ovaries that they are to pop out an egg next Wednesday, so that I can go for my biopsy on the 17th May and start norethisterone the same day.

I have been feeling quite numb and blasť about it all but I can now say: I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

Ps. DH was instructed to wear my orange socks for his procedure, that clearly is the source of all luck  ;D xx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Poor DH is still cowboy legged today and really rather sore. The nitwit also managed to drop a baguette that he was holding onto his never regions and gave himself a bit of a shock 🙈 I had a look this morning and they are rather swollen and blue - feel very sorry for him and very grateful (although the devil on my shoulder is saying pah, that's nothing compared to my part ;) ).

I'm going to haul out (pretending that they are not 4 feet away from me in a drawer at this moment) the ovulation kits tomorrow in the hope that I may ovulate early if not on time. You never know! x

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    POSTIVE OPKS!!!! IVF IS ON!!!

Can you tell I'm excited?  ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^

Well done body - evening of day 12 and you have done it! I have had a couple of days of ewcm prior to it too, my ovaries are obviously a bit keen.

First stop tomorrow - book in for the biopsy in a week - eeeeeeeek!

DH is alright. Still mildly cowboy legged but the swelling is decreasing. The unused 🙈 testicle is now a nice shade of blue from the local anaesthetic coupled with lots of gardening yesterday, whereas the spermy testicle is not too bruised but still swollen, which seems to have protected it from all the movement. I think he was sore for a couple of weeks last time. He did have his first beer in months last night though, which he was pretty happy about!

Right. Time for beautiful ovary sleep xx

Ps look at that smiley face 😀😀😀

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    My amh result came back: 44.3  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

I've been quite nervous about it as the previous result was from 5 years ago and I am conscious of the years ticking by. The result in 2012 was around 24 I think but they have changed the way that it is calibrated so I'm not sure of the exact comparison.

I have booked in for the biopsy in Coventry next Monday and I can't wait to come off this drug! I am really hoping that the cough disappears sharpish as I have been struggling with it. DH has lost his cowboy gait and the swelling is much better but he says they still feel sensitive. However he has resumed wine consumption so I think that's taking the edge off  ;D

7 more sleeps until IMSI number three begins! X