* Author Topic: Simplant trial + ICSI 3...lucky transfer 4? BFP! MMC 11 weeks IMSI 4..Baby Boy!  (Read 24583 times)

0 Members

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
Phenomenal bleed at work today, completely out of the blue. Made it to the toilets. Soaked through my all of my underwear, work trousers, the floor. Huge clots, convinced I had miscarried. Shouted for help until someone came into pee...ambulance called. DH called (he brought clothes thankfully). Had to lie on the floor until the paramedics arrived, with my boss and another senior staff member there. Taken to hospital. The doctor and obstetrician checked what I passed and were certain they were clots only. Too busy to scan tonight so sent home a few hours later as blood pressure was now stable. Back in the morning for a scan.

If anyone has any spare positive vibes in the morning, Iíd really appreciate them...

Please be okay Panda, I donít want to let you go 💜 xxxxxxz

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    9+4  :)

Incredibly, our little Panda was wriggling away on the scan this morning!!! Measuring two days ahead and now at the stage where they are too big to see properly via the internal scan.

Can not believe it!

The amount of blood loss was hideous yesterday, I soaked through my knickers and trousers in seconds, soaked through the replacement jeans, umpteen pads including Tena ones, and there Panda is wriggling so much that she kept going in an out of focus.

The haematoma is about x2.5 the size it was last week, but still away from the sac. They expect it to continue bleeding and it can suddenly bleed profusely as it did yesterday (I had peed an hour earlier and there wasnít even any spotting). Just got to hope that it doesnít creep against the sac and that should keep Panda safe. I may have to keep popping back (just the hour+) to a&e if I get big bleeds again so they can check Iím not losing too much. And also, on days that I have bright red bleeding, rather than brown or spotting, I miss my fragmin that night.

Back Friday to see my consultant where hopefully we will get a better look at Panda and a photo as they are not allowed to issue them in the emergency clinic (we were very lucky with the sonographer there last year who gave us memento photos of Arty, they are so precious to us).

Panda is now half a cm bigger than our darling Arty ever got to, despite him being a few days older when we last saw him, poor poorly boy 💚 xxxx

Well done our little beast of a Panda, keep growing! Love you!! 💜 xxxxx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    So so anxious.

Have been in bed or on the sofa since yesterday afternoon. Been feeling so rough and weak. Went to bed and slept for a couple of hours till half nine but had to wake to take my drugs. Couldnít decide on fragmin as although thereís been nothing on my pad today, I have still been wiping red. Took half a fragmin ish in the end.

Love you so much Panda, please be wriggly tomorrow afternoon 💜 xxxxxxx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    3 hours 20 minutes to go...

No fresh bleeding so far today, although I have been in bed all morning.

Come on darling Panda 💜 xxxxxx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    9+6  :)

Absolutely overjoyed to see a wriggly waving Panda with tiny fingers and kicking feet  :) :) :) :) :) :) heartbeat was instantly recognisable (on a tummy scan woooohoooo!) and we got to hear it too!

Measuring THREE days ahead today  :o

Best bit of all is that there was no sign of the haematoma!

Still absolutely exhausted and feeling ropey, so going to spend the weekend resting.

What. A. Week.

Panda you are an absolute trooper - love you!!!! Your daddy canít stop smiling 😍 💜 xxxxxxxx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Have had no spotting at all today with the exception of a tiny bit of brown this morning. Just done my cyclogest and thereís pale pink bleeding there again  :(

I spent more time on my feet today after the clear scan yesterday but have felt very achy/stretching pains when Iíve been stood. Going to spend the day back in bed again tomorrow I think in the hope that it stops properly.

Such hard weeks at the moment....

Love you so much Panda, please keep going strong for us 💜 xxxxxx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    10+3 :)

Had my midwife booking in yesterday. I was in a really bad frame of mind ahead of it as I have been so anxious but she was really lovely and I relaxed into it. Fortunately, my records brought up my previous losses so we didnít have to discuss it all. Just my nice complicated medical history to go through! I feel bad as I always answer Ďyesí to the generally fit and well question, because I am, but I have had all sorts of complications in the past that need noting.

Had all my bloods taken, urine checked (fine) and need to drop another sample in to be checked for strep B. Also had extra bloods taken for thyroid and ferritin levels after last week. My blood pressure was good at 110/70.

Amazingly, she actually had a little listen in with the doppler, on the agreed premise that she probably wouldnít find it this early, what a star! Could hear the little imp in the background, it would lock on for a second and then we could hear a woosh as Panda swam off again  ;D same thing happened a few times but that was good enough for me. Also made me feel better as I have been trying on a doppler at home for the last few days with the same results (Iím well aware it is so early so it doesnít really make me feel anxious, just so teased as I can almost get it but not quite!).

I have to say, it was pretty exciting to be referred to as mum at the appointment  :)

DH came out with some corker one liners, including Ďdonít tell her she can have baked Camembert, itís all mineí and to the weíd recommend no sex at the moment due to my risk level Ďsex? Whatís that again? Thatís why I need all the cheese to make up for ití. Can you tell heís French?  ;D ;D ;D

Still having brown spotting when I wipe, which isnít doing much for my anxiety levels (49 hours until the next scan), plus I feel pretty poorly still. My boss has said to stay home for the rest of the week at least so I am going to stay on bed/sofa rest. I will be chasing up my iron results today/tomorrow as the midwife wants me on tablets ASAP if they come back as low.

ALSO, I had to do a CO breath test yesterday...my levels came back at 4 and then 5 on the repeat, which indicates that I could be a heavy passive or an actual smoker?! ??? I have never so much as tried a cigarette. She got DH to do it twice, in case itís something at home...his levels were 1, so completely normal. We went and got a CO monitor on the way home and checked in the kitchen and bedroom, levels are zero! Midwife was pretty baffled, so I am waiting for the GP to call me back to discuss what could be causing it.

Symptoms wise, I can add heart burn onto the list, which is lovely of course. Still not managing to keep any food down in the evenings. My sleep has become pretty interrupted and I keep waking at around 5, rather than the more tolerable 6am. Wake up needing a wee, then my brain shouts MORNING and goes into thinking overdrive, then my stomach starts growling as I wonít have had any food since yesterday lunchtime...no more sleep for MadameG. Ah well, itís a small price to pay for a Panda.

Love you darling little Panda, desperate to see you again in two days! Your Daddy likes to give you kisses and cuddles through my tummy 💜 xxxxxx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    10+5 :)

Had a really horrible, anxious few days as Iíve just been consumed by the fear that this would be the week that things went wrong, just like they did with little Arty. Certainly not helped by the amount of brown bleeding that Iíve been having, which has increased on a daily basis. Lots of tears yesterday.

How wonderful to be proved that my instincts were wrong by our wriggly little Panda on the screen this morning  :) doing little jumps and turning her head straight towards us, in her pose again of left arm and leg up in the air, you could see all her little toes!! So gorgeous. Panda was measuring 4 days ahead today and has grown 1.4cm in 6 days  :o The consultant was doing mini checks, so cool to see the hemispheres of the brain, and she said everything looks good.

No sign of the bleed anywhere, so she says itís just the old blood still pooled around my cervix. She also said that she is always more concerned with growth than bleeds anyway, so thatís quite reassuring to hear.

I chased my bloods yesterday and my iron levels are fab - 149 and then ferritin is a healthy 77 too. I think that Proxeed is good stuff. My TSH level had dropped from 1.19 to 0.39. I discussed this with my consultant today and interestingly, she says that you cannot use TSH as a test in pregnancy because the test interprets the high levels of b-hcg as the TSH (kind of like an opk showing positive when pregnant), which makes the reading look more over active than it actually is. Instead you need to check the actual thyroxine levels. Also, being sick a lot affects the reading too, so you have to be careful in interpreting any results. She said that they have had lots of issues with endocrinologists freaking out and starting treatment when itís not needed. She says that my initial levels are not low enough to be concerning at the moment, and thinks my constant fast heart rate is more likely linked to anxiety, but the thyroxine can always be checked if needed in the future. Good to have that worry removed :).

Excitingly, I have graduated from the early rmc clinic! I still have the same consultant, and I will see her again on the 17th April. In the meantime, we have the nuchal scan on the 5th to pass, how will I manage two whole weeks without a scan  ::)

Medication wise, I can stop lubion and elleste next Saturday at 12 weeks. I continue cyclogest at 2 a day until 14 weeks, followed by 2 weeks of 1 a day, until stopping completely at 16 weeks when the placenta has completely taken over. Prednisolone I start weaning by 5mg a week from 12 weeks, not looking forward to that. Fragmin I stay on still and I also add in the 75mg aspirin from 12 weeks.

Oh forgot to mention, the gp consulted some senior gps and they are convinced that the CO reading is a fluke,  not to stress at those levels as it could have just been the traffic fumes during the very short journey there. I could be more sensitive to the solution due to my asthma. The most important thing is that we have checked that there is no CO in the house.

Such a massive relief of a day. I celebrated by being sick in a hedge again on the way home and then having a nap, followed by a Greggs chicken bake, sausage roll and Spikey Mikey biscuit  ;D

DH is such a sweetheart. When I went up to bed last night, he had got out his orange socks and my panda socks ready for today. Then this morning, he was stroking my bump before even having said hello to me 😍.

Well done our little Panda Pop! There is a lot of love waiting for you, but youíll have to stay tucked up safe until September. Love you! 💜 xxxxxxxx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    12+5 :)

My pregnancy sickness has massively improved since around 11 weeks. Iím still feeling pretty nauseous at times but I have had some sick free days and actually managed to keep my dinner down woohoo!! Food aversions pop up rapidly, such as the sight of the custard pies on Celebrity Bakeoff making me heave  ::) I am still not regular and also have some nice heartburn if eat quickly or recline on the sofa, but hey. I also made a yummy roast dinner with a leg of lamb on Sunday, gorged myself and then spent the next half an hour stood up and trying to relieve the discomfort from a squished full stomach - oops!

I had terrible anxiety last week with the prospect of not having my weekly scan (Iím aware that sounds pretty self indulgent but this was the time that we said goodbye to Arty last year...) so ended up heading over to our clinic in Wales for a reassurance scan. It lasted all of a minute and a half but we did get to see a nice wriggly Panda with arms up in the air as usual, rubbing her face and she had elbows! She was measuring a day ahead rather than the 4 of previously, but I stopped worrying about that (after a good 24 hours  ::) ) when I watched the video back and saw she was in a funny position and I donít think the markers were placed quite right. The scanner was a consultant who we had never met before but we came out and saw various nurses who were so excited for us and gave us hugs  :)

The day before that scan, I actually managed to find Pandaís heartbeat on the doppler 💜 so amazing to listen to and I have found it easily every time (okay day...sometimes twice) since. This has definitely reduced my anxiety levels considerably.

Iíve been getting a lot of what I presume is round ligament pain, especially if I roll over in bed without an unsupported bump or stand up too quickly. Itís a pretty sharp pain that settles after a few minutes with rest on the whole. I did manage to go to our allotment on Sunday for the first time in weeks and clearly did too much, as I was very achy on my sides for the next day. What can I say, Iím a plonker who should know better. My tiredness is a bit better but I am still needing to nap/rest at some point every day.

As for the spotting, Iím whispering this but I havenít had any since last Friday. After the mega bleed, I had bright red (quite a bit of) for about 4 days and then brown, which actually increased after a week, for a further two weeks. Iím still on knicker watch and every time I feel any discharge coming down makes me rush to the loo, but it has been clear/white. I have had a feeling of pressure in my vagina though, so I am going to request a cervical length check.

So this evening we have our nuchal and dating scan (which will be scan 11 for us). It feels like a big hurdle to pass but I can only hope and have faith that all will be well...

Love you darling Panda, very excited to see you later on, I hope youíre bouncy and wriggly and happy 💜 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Nuchal scan went really well :)

The fold is only 2mm and everything looked fine on Panda, who was very busy leaping whilst horizontal up and down, turning her back on us and then doing massive kicks with very long legs! Panda measured 68.6mm which works out at 13+1, but my due date isnít changing as itís IVF.

The placenta is up high and we saw the umbilical cord too - so cool. My cervix looked normal and closed.

The scan was amazingly clear and wonderful to see Pandaís face, fingers, elbows, knees, brain, such a shame that we were not allowed to video this one. The midwife refused to charge us for the scan photos as per protocol, as she said weíd earnt them  :-*.

The one down side is the haematoma was visible (I donít reckon it ever went away, it just wasnít seen on the quick, lower quality scans) and is about 2.5cm. Low and behold Iíve just been to pee and the spotting is back after a week off!! Grrrrr. If itís gonna bleed, Iíd rather it be now when I know what it is. I just donít want to have the massive episode of it. Although thinking about it, I think I may need the anti-D injection now...will have to call tomorrow. The haematoma is still to the side of the sac so not in or on it, so just got to hope that it doesnít go crazy....

Panda you are an absolute beauty and we love you so much. I think you enjoyed the minstrels I fed you half an hour before  ;D keep growing big and strong darling 💜 xxxxxxx