* Author Topic: Simplant trial + ICSI 3...lucky transfer 4? BFP! MMC 11 weeks IMSI 4..Baby Boy!  (Read 24607 times)

0 Members

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
Biopsy done  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

Cycle starts tomorrow  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

Need to pay the clinic and the drugs company 🙈

Ah well. Still excited  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Onto day three of norethisterone already! Eeek! I woke up the first night absolutely soaked to the skin with sweat from the hormones but last night was better, just a bit restless.

Had all of the 1400 worth of meds delivered by courier yesterday in one medium box and a second mahooooosive refrigerated one...which contained one lonely box of ovitrelle  ^idiot^ At least it was kept safe! The company had said that they could deliver it to me at work, thank goodness I didn't say yes!

I had some minor electric shock type pains all day on Tuesday after the biopsy and a very very small amount of spotting but otherwise I'm all good. Last time I spotted quite a lot for the whole week afterwards.

Xx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Only two more days left of norethisterone  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

However, I am sat here feeling very sorry for myself with an ice pack after managing to subluxate my shoulder yesterday  :( I was carrying a really long piece of wood in the garden, tripped forwards, my shoulder swung round with the wood whilst the rest of me stayed still 🙈 Absolute searing pain and zero movement in my right shoulder, accompanied by feeling it 'pop' out the back. Gently lifted my right arm with my left and it rippled my ouchy shoulder back into place and, although sore, it was mostly okay after. Today is a different story as it is very very sore. Had it checked over at hospital but there is nothing they can do apart from giving me some exercises. Just got to try and rest it (not easy when I work in a pet shop) and leave the rest to time.

Sod's law! X

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Final norethisterone taken, shoulder on the mend  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

Had some spotting and cramping yesterday so I'm guessing that it won't take long for AF to rock up. Then it's on to stims! Eeeeeeeek! Xx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    AF is here - scan on Monday....gulp! xxx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Scan went well  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

Ovaries look lovely, no mega cysts and lining nice and thin at 2.47mm.

Start stims tonight with 150iu of fostimon and then back in on Friday for a scan. Terrified of developing ohss again so I expect that I will have slightly more scans. It'll be interesting to see how I respond to the antagonist protocol as I've only done long protocol with evil suprecur before.

Bring it on universe!

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    ...first injection done by DH. Took forever to mix everything up ready as I didn't want to get it wrong. A little ouchy but not terrible.

Grow follies, grow!!! xxxxx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Scan went well  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

10 follies between 11-13 and 12 at 9mm. The biggest surprise is that my lining is already just over 9mm! That's the best it's ever been so I'm desperately hoping I get to have a fresh transfer  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ I suspected it might be doing well as I've had some ewcm today so my estrogen levels are likely soaring.

I'm staying on 150iu fostimon tonight, 75+75 fostimon and merional tomorrow and then down to 75 merional only on Sunday. Rescan Monday.

EC is looking likely to be Friday - eek! One week to go!

Now just to get that pesky business of growing eggs out the way - chicken, salmon and water here I come! xxx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Onto day 8 of stims today, scan first at 11.30 though  ^pray^

Last week was a bit of an emotional one. Came home from work on Wednesday to find that DH has totally taken apart our little guest room, moved every stonkingly heavy vivarium on his own from our office/guest room into there (despite his frigging heart condition!), leaving both rooms an absolute state and nowhere for my family to sleep two days later. And those two days, neither of us would be at home to fix it. The now ex frog office was a mess of ex spiderwebs and dust from behind the viv shelving, with added piles of DH's blooming paper work that he never puts away.

Now, me coming home from a long day of work, with a cracking headache and exhausted from stims, then being presented with a ton of things to clean and sort out, on top of the fact that we are currently have an extension built, didn't go down well. I was a mixture of gob smacked and, frankly, peed off. And me being less than enthusiastic about this now obliteration of my evenings, despite my mega ovaries, didn't go down well with DH. He turned into a stroppy monster, cross that I wasn't filled with gratitude at his efforts. Convinced that it was exactly when he should have done it because 'I can't do it on on my own and you won't be able to do it when you're pregnant'. Er, you seem to have done all the moving by yourself  ^idiot^ there is now just a frigging bomb site left to organise.

I should add at this point that we had discussed the moving around of this room, at some distant point in the future, as this would become a nursery. But certainly didn't need organising until way in the future!

I basically let DH rant away (we never argue, it's just not how we work, so this was an odd situation) and eventually it came out that it wasn't just me that had lost those babies, he did too and this was his way of feeling excited about the prospect of the cycle working. I was pretty floored by this admission and I felt awful. I understood why he had done it all out of the blue. The thing is, for me this now empty mess of a room lacking a purpose was an incredibly visceral representation of how my broken heart feels and exactly why I didn't want to do anything about it until the last minute...

The rest of the evening was spent making up with one another, apologies from both sides and reconnecting. Filled with promises that it would be all sorted when I got home the next day, which obviously it wasn't because DH is a man and so I came home and cleaned it all whilst he carted out all the rubbish. But it was done and I could now picture my Pinterest board of dreams laid out in the room. And I admit, it did make me excited too.

So the next day I had my scan, which was fab, sat in traffic for a billion hours feeling hormoney and ovary-ey which was not fab, then had my dad, sister and partner over for their last night with us before they head off to the other side of the world for 14 months. Really weird to know that I won't see her for such a very long time and hopefully  ^pray^ things will be very different for us when she gets back. The next morning we headed over to my cousins 30th birthday (a few months ahead of mine), which was emotional as it is a stark reminder of the years ticking by and their two new beautiful, adopted girls made my womb hurt with longing.

In the afternoon we headed off to London for a concert. We had an awesome time watching DH's favourite band and it was wonderful to see him so happy and care free after all the stresses that life has thrown at us over the years. The concert finished and we were full of joy exciting the stadium. When we got outside, I felt quite nervous at being completely swamped with tens of thousands of people in exactly the same place, unable to move. As we went forward, there was a human chain of security guards, two deep, stood a metre apart from each other, that we all had to file through, which struck us as odd. It took 45 minutes to get to the car park, 15 minutes for me to do my injections in the car, then a whole hour to exit the multi storey as the roads were gridlocked. There were police everywhere and all the roads around the London Stadium were closed off with police guarding them. I then got a panicked text from my other sister asking us to confirm we were safe as there had been a terrorist attack in London. By this point we were driving through central London and switching on the news made us feel very nervous indeed. The roads were all jammed and police were screeching past us, whilst hundreds of drunk, passed out revellers filled the streets, totally oblivious. The electronic signs stated that London Bridge area was shut and to avoid it completely. I have never seen so many unmarked police cars on blue lights filled with plain clothes officers. All the way to Newbury the unmarked cars screamed past us.

If there is ever a vidid reminder that life is precious, to take every day as it comes and to appreciate what you have for it could be gone in an instant, that was it. I will never understand why people can hate one another so much. We need so much more love and beauty in this world, be kind everyone.

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Ah nothing is ever easy with IVF, is it?

My ovaries have once again gone nuts and made too many follicles. 'Screw the cetrotide' they said, 'I'm making these 9mm follys grow regardless of what you tell us to do'.

My ten good follies are now more spread out between 15-18, so not perfectly ideal and then there is a whole other crop bringing up the rear at 12mm+. This now presents a problem.

A) if we wait to do EC on Friday then I will blatantly get ohss and need a freeze all. But my lining does not like artificial estrogen and I have previously had to restart two FET cycles due to it going backwards. Plus last year I was very very poorly with ohss and off work for a month, which I cannot afford and am terrified of being back in hospital again.

B) if we trigger tonight and go for EC on Wednesday, then we may get very few eggs and even worse, there's a possibility that they may not even be mature.

C) Thursday seems like the middle ground, but is going to be a combination of problems A and B.

Bugger.

If time and money were no object, then I would choose to cancel the cycle at this point and then restart in a a couple of months. But that is going to be a massive waste of my biopsies, sitagliptin and Nk cell analysis. I'm not taking cabergoline either as it gave me horrific side effects and turned my brain into that of an addict last year.

So I am now sat in IKEA, ignoring my little grapefruit ovaries and waiting for the phone call.... ^pray^