* Author Topic: No Sperm result - after TRT  (Read 2163 times)

0 Members

Offline Harshtimes

• Un-Ranked
modify
No Sperm result - after TRT
« on: 6/03/17, 22:10 »
Hi I'll try keep this short...
So I've been on TRT testosterone replacement therapy on the NHS due to secondary hypogonadism but now stopped due to fertility. I've switched meds and now take 500iu Pregnyl 2x a week.
Before starting Pregnyl I took a sperm test which the endo expected it to have no sperm or be low.
He advised he can't guarantee getting it back so I'm hoping anyone who's had similar experiences to help as we would love to have a second child.
What are my chances of kickstarting my own production again?
I've been feeling abit down and blaming myself for starting TRY but I really needed to and it changed my life but I feel I'm to blame now for no sperm which was a devastating blow for any man to hear.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Harshtimes

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 13/04/17, 00:02 »
    Just incase anyone is interested we got pregnant and confirmed by test today.
    It was actually 750iu 2x per week HCG. (Pregnyl)
    I was also taking 50mg clomid for 1 week, week two cut down to 25mg daily, week 3 one 50mg every 3rd day and continued until now.
    I did start also taking Tamoxifen 20mg daily but had sides of rage so quit this and added 10mg randomly 3-7days. Think this stuff was more powerful than Clomid...

This isn't a guide or encouragement to try what I did it's just to share what worked for me.
    Thanks

Offline Jes87

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 28/04/17, 08:57 »
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! Always great to see a happy ending on here, thanks for sharing what worked for you too, hopefully it can help others in a similar position.