* Author Topic: Polyps  (Read 497 times)

0 Members

Offline Spanglyboo

modify
Polyps
« on: 8/03/17, 14:00 »
Has anyone had endometrial polyps? What were you symptoms? Has anyone had them disappear after a period?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline loudlikelove

modify
    Polyps
    « Reply #1 on: 9/03/17, 15:50 »
    Hi Spanglyboo

I have some polyps, I'm awaiting for them to be removed as my consultant things they're stopping the egg from getting comfy!

Offline Athena2017

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Polyps
    « Reply #2 on: 23/03/17, 19:43 »
    I had polyps - a quick hysteroscopy to get remove them and symptoms resolved.   i was having mid cycle bleeding caused by them.

Hope this helps

Offline Jiblet

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Polyps
    « Reply #3 on: 1/08/17, 11:45 »
    Hi All
    How did it go with the polyps? You need to have them out! They interfere with pregnancies a d once they take them out They will be checked to see if benign or cancerous.

One was spotted a few years ago by a clinic but then the consultant went off on holiday for 6 weeks so I moved clinic to one near baker street (won't name it but I am NOT pleased). Despite doing an internal scan I was told I could start ivf right away (as in that week). What he didn't say was whether the polyp was still there!! I didn't ask as hadn't got a clue what was going on and trusted his professional opinion - it was my first round. Anyway negative result. Then round 2 another clinic did the same tests - oh so quick to take our cash! No mentiin of the polyp. Failed round 2. Round 3, clinic 3: doc saw something in the usual ultrasound test and just asked "does it hurt here sometimes" I said yes.. He said, I suspect you have polyps! He said he'd refuse to treat me for ivf till I had them removed! Hysteroscopy confirmed I now had TWO ployps - both were removed and thankfully benign.! I had no idea over 3 years I had anything that could stop a pregnancy.  Really annoyed at those 2 clinics for  internal scan proeeding with ivf when they knew there was a growth in my womb! I have since spoken with 2 doctors when doing scans for endometrial thickness. Both said this happens all the time and that they've head loads of stories when women aren't told about the presence of ployps but just take clients money and there is no way a pregnancy will be viable! So, I wasted 3 years and around 20k on treatment that would never have worked! 😠😡 Thank goodness the new clinic was honest with me.

Anyway, the private consultant that removed my polyps said once out you need to get on with IVF quickly as polpys tend to come back!
    Hope that was informative.
    Good luck. 👌💕

modify
    Polyps
    « Reply #4 on: 1/08/17, 12:09 »
    Jiblet, where were yiur polyps and what was their size? It depends on their location whether they would prevent pregnancy or not. Also, one of the drs here in the UK told me rhat everything less than 1cm wouldnt be removed.